“Good.... but....”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Troy
Ottumwa
“Good.... but....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Exquisite property, comfortable, clean, good breakfast, friendly staff. But I left an item in the room by mistake. I called later the same day we checked out, to ask if it had been found. The staff said that nothing had been turned in, but that they would check the room and contact me if it had been found. They never contacted me. That put a shadow on the visit. It was my fault that I left the item, but it makes me wonder if it was kept by someone, or thrown away.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

TroySuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Troy, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that we did not find your missing item, however, I can assure you that it was not thrown away or kept by anyone. We have a lost and found where we log any items as soon as they are found. We hope you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Blair, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was the nicest Super 8, by far, in which we have ever stayed. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were very roomy and clean and the bed was perfect. Breakfast was great. They even had coffee and freshly baked cookies in the lobby in the afternnon. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TroySuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Troy, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are very pleased that you had a good experience with our staff, your room, and breakfast. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Bemidji, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I made reservations on 11/4/2013 at this motel. On 11/11/2013 my plans changed, so I called to cancel my reservations on 11/12/13. I was informed that the booking could not be changed or modified this close to check -in time. Check-in time was 12/1/13 so I was calling 19 days prior to check in. I was told that even if they were able to rent the room they would not be willing to refund any of my money. The reason I was given was that I had booked online using the Super 8 website.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
TroySuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Troy, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your online booking. The reason that you were not refunded was not because it was booked online, it was due to the type of rate plan you chose. You booked at the "advance purchase non-refundable rate". This means that your credit card is charged when you book your reservations and you get a better discount than usual. When you book with this advance purchase rate, it states that the room is non-refundable. Any other type of reservation is able to be cancelled, but not the advance purchase. The website lets you know this, so when you book an advance purchase rate, just be sure you know you are coming. I am sorry about the confusion, but wanted to let you know in order to help you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Luxury Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Louis West/Wentzville
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis/O'Fallon
Holiday Inn Express Warrenton
Quality Inn Foristell
Quality Inn Foristell
#1 of 1 in Foristell
Hampton Inn St. Louis Wentzville

Been to Super 8 Troy? Share your experiences!