“Not happy!”
Review of Super 8 Troy

Super 8 Troy
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have family in Troy so I stay at this motel 1-2 a year. In the past few years it has gone down hill. The last time I stayed in May, our reservation has disappeared when we arrived to check in. Not much was done except for the clerk saying she was sorry. We just stayed there November 23 an has issues again. We arrived to check in and out room was wrong. It was uppose to be a king but we were booked for a double queen. The king suite was availableluckily so we got it. Once in our room, we filled the jacuzzi tub and soon noticed HAIR in the tub and dirt floating in the water! I called downstairs and they offered to give us the room next door but we had to come get the key. I suggested they could bring us the key to the new room since it was not our fault the room was dirty. Once in the new room, that jacuzzi tub only had one jet working. Also noticed the edges of the room were not clean and there was still paper and a ponytail holder on the floor.The next morning breakfast was not as good as it has been in the past. There was not much selection and nothing hot offered except waffles that the iron undercooked every time. It was a disappointing stay and very frustrating. There is no other motel in Troy to choose so I am rethinking how often I visit my family in Troy because of previous experiences at your hotel. The staff was nice but they dint try to do anything more than apologize for all the inconveniences my family and I experienced. Even when we checked out we weren't asked how our stay was.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
TroySuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Troy, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you pointing out the issues you had because we are always striving to be a great hotel. Please know that these are not issus that happen very often at our hotel. We have spoken with our personnel and addressed the issues. We are following the Super 8 breakfast standards that include waffles, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, toast, breakfast cookies, cereals, juices, hot chocolate, and coffee. I am sorry that the staff did not help you more. We did offer you a complimentary upgrade and at checkout the Assistant Manager asked how your stay was and was not told of any issues, which is why nothing was done sooner. We hope you'll return in the future.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
TroySuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Troy, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Reviewed November 11, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our entire group that stayed in 3 rooms for 2 nights totally enjoyed our stay at Super 8 in Troy MO. It was very noticeable that the staff has been well trained to interact with customers. I made a statement the second mornig that they must like strawberry yogurt and the hostess went right into the supply room and brought out several other flavors. She was also pleasent to talk to. We gave her a special mention on our room questionaire. The other nice feature was the room darkening shades which was a nice supprise. Our rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. I can't really think of any suggestions for improvements. I hope Management passes on our compliments to everyone that worked November 2 & 3. Keep up the good comunication & training to your employees. It shows!
RJL & Family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
TroySuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Troy, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! They are very much appreciated. I will definitely pass all of your comments along to our staff. We love hearing great things from guests! We hope you'll stay with us again!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

After traveling for almost 13 hours, I was ready to find a place to grab a few hours of sleep. I stopped at this Super 8 and I was very impressed with the overall lodging. The clerk was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The pillows were a touch hard but I liked the motel enough that when I came back through the area a week later, I stayed at the Super 8 again. I got up too early to get back on the road so I can't tell you about the service or food at the continental breakfast.

If you like Taco Bell, or Hardy's, the restaurants are right across from the front parking lot of the motel. I just walked across the lot to get a meal to carry back to my room.

I enjoyed my stay and I will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We really appreciate all guest feedback. We look forward to your future stay with us!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Enjoyed our stay. We were able to have connecting rooms, so that worked well with the grandkids. Everything was clean and comfortable. Not impressed with breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
TroySuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Troy, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I'm glad we were able to accomodate you with two adjoining rooms. I'm sorry you did not like our breakfast. Our breakfast guidelines are set by Super 8. We do have really good waffles, cinnamon rolls, and breakfast cookies, along with several other items. Please give us another chance if you are in the area again.

Been to Super 8 Troy? Share your experiences!