New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Troys Inn

Troys Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Troy
Burlington, IA
“Beware if you have a late arrival......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

When I booked this hotel, I had noted that we would have a very late arrival.. When we arrived around midnight, I went into lobby area and no one was around, so it said to ring bell~ I had to ring it about 12 times to get someone to come.....I was just getting ready to leave and go find another hotel~ I obviously woke up the clerk on my 12th ring!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 7asprinter
raj p, General Manager at Troys Inn, responded to this review, March 9, 2015
Dear Carol,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit, we welcome both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continually improve as we aim to offer the best level of service possible. We obviously failed in a key area for your stay and this is very disappointing, and I offer my sincerest apologies.

Regards,

Raj
636-528-5125

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Peoria, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

One plug worked in the whole room, no bottom sheet, fridge, microwave an blow drier didn't work, ac cover didn't stay on, breakfast was dry cereal that you had to ask for behind the desk, coffee was from night before, ice machine was gross and in the basement, bathroom walls were peeling and tub was very slippery when wet.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Stephanie J
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We pulled into this motel and were given keys that didn't work and a trailer was parked in front our room. Went back to the front desk and got new keys and new room. Finally go the keys to work and got into the the room. It was very musty and smelly like smoke. We decided to get our money back and go next door to the Hampton. On the upside the front desk person was very apologetic and I felt bad for him.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank newtravellerToronto
Iowa City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We arrived at midnight, no reservation, just needed to stop for the night. The girl at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Our key didn't work, so I went to go let her know. She came up with us to open the door. When she opened the door she was shocked to see that it hadn't been cleaned. She apologized and opened the next room. It had also not been cleaned. She was embarrassed and apologized again, the third door she opened she said was an upgraded room. We know that she didn't have anything to do with the rooms not being cleaned, after all that is a morning job, not what someone would expect to not be done by midnight. We laughed about it and went to our new room. While settling in for the night we realized there was no trash can, no remote for the tv, no toilet paper, and when I went to call to get some, there was also no phone. We were charged $70 for this nights stay. When I went to ask for toilet paper she again blushed and apologized. I my key didn't work and I had to knock for my daughter to let me in. The bed was comfy and the heater worked good, it is January. I wasn't aware of any continental breakfast, but we planned on getting breakfast down the road anyhow. Someone didn't know how to lay flooring because it was very uneven and part of it broke when I pulled the chair out to sit down. The room had obviously been repainted, it looked fresh and clean but the paint was splattered on the flooring. I don't care so much about that. The toilet paper was a pretty big deal though in my opinion. BYOTP :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank The_chiefs_squaw
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The front desk clerk was very helpful. She spoke was american, which i did not expect. She answered all of our questions and was very polite. She told us they were laying tile on the 1st floor and we there might be a little noise during the day. We stayed 3 days and rarely heard any noise.

The room was clean, and a very nice size. The housekeeper was polite and made sure we were satisfied with our room and amenities each day. The free WIFi was very fast and they kept hot coffee in the office all day. Once the lady even made tea for us.

Our stay was very enjoyable and I would definitely recommend staying there. The hotel was clean overall and very quiet. It is definite they are highly improved since the negative reviews on here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Amanda H
Eagan, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

What a dump! Did not have a reservation - just randomly picked this hotel because it was getting late, we had driven several hours already, and had another seven hours before reaching our final destination. The only good thing I can say about this place is the price was right - $44. Other than that, this place was disgusting. Carpeting was stained and filthy. Wouldn't walk around the room without my shoes on. Chairs in the room were stained. Hand towel looked like someone had cleaned their car with it - large dark stains. Hole in the bathroom door, the toilet paper holder had no tension bar, there was no tissue, there was no extra rolls of toilet paper, there were holes in the sheet. Yuk. My recommendation - find a different hotel!! In a scary area, too. Did not feel safe at all. Was very nervous about bed bugs in this place.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Do not stay at this place - it's nasty!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gailani
Sedgwick, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed here because it was storming, 11 PM and it was the first hotel we saw. The hotel was quite dirty although the rooms were big. However, at 2:45 am a group of loud young women entered the room next to ours, tried to open the adjoining door to our room and proceeded to stay up all night. Duriing the night other doors in the hallway kept opening and closing loudly, the voices in the next room changed several times and finally we realized that there were hookers in the next room. (And their pimp). To top it off, when we left early the next morning there was no one at the desk to complain to. No continental breakfast, either. Do not stay here, ever. The Super8 looked much much nicer when it we saw it the next morning.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank WEKPJK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Super 8 Troy
Knights Inn Wentzville MO
#4 of 8 in Wentzville
3.0 of 5 stars 34 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Louis West/Wentzville

Been to Troys Inn? Share your experiences!