Luxury Inn & Suites
$49
  • Pool
$64
TripAdvisor
All reviewssuites in troyhotel roomnice poolbed was comfortablestaff was very friendlywould stay here againmissourilaundry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2010

It use to be a Holiday Inn, it still has a Holiday Inn feel. The pool was open, the breakfast was what you would expect, the beds were comfortable, the elevator worked, the Wi-Fi was free. I hope to find a place like this when I'm on vacation with the family. The price was low and it was close to everything you might need when you're on vacation, Wal-Mart was up the street, fast and not so fast food was within walking distance, gas was just down the street, it's an easy drive to St. Louis. The TV worked and had a bunch of channels. If you have complaints, you're too picky. If you're looking for the hotel to be part of your vacation, this might not be what you want, I want to get some sleep, not have to worry about bed bugs going home with me, that I don't have to put a gun under my pillow or that I should sleep in my clothes, I wasn't expecting chocolates on my pillow. I can't find anything bad to say except there was a SLIGHT smell as you moved through the lobby, there was a pool just past the lobby and you'll get some mildew smells near a pool. The room was completely odorless. They also had a frig and a microwave, try to get a microwave at a Holiday Inn. The wife even liked it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank BladeJ
Reviewed August 16, 2010

The rooms were clean and the assistance manager was very friendly.Great hospitality. Definitely coming back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank wintersnow090
Reviewed August 16, 2010

So I'm not usually the type of guy to stay in motels. I'm the type who one would find in hotels such as the Marriott or Hilton. However, on this trip I was not able to stay in my regular hotels due to personal circumstances. When I first began my stay, I was skeptical about what type of service I would receive due to the low price of my room. I was proved wrong when I walked into the motel. The lobby was very grand, just as grand as one of my regular hotels to my surprise! The manager was a very sweet lady, usually it takes a while to process a booking however, she worked swiftly and got me well on my way. The motel was very clean and the room was beautiful. The room was stocked with the linens and towels necessary plus extra. For the first time, I did not have to ask for anything extra! The breakfast was also very grand, unlike other hotels, the food items were not minimal but in fact well worth my money. I was truly surprised with this motel. The grand service, the comfortable feel, the cleanliness...it felt better than home. No exaggeration! I would definitely love to stay in this hotel again!!! A hidden gem!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank a1kphenomena301
Reviewed June 5, 2010

The bed was luxurious, nicer than many upscale hotels I have stayed in. The bedding, towels and furniture were all brand new and all very plush. The only complaint from us is that the muffins at breakfast were too big! We were traveling and did not have intentions on staying in Troy; it was the first stop outside of St. Louis that didn't look like a big city. The location was quiet and nice but I rated it less than perfect because it wasn't visible from the freeway. We would not have found them had it not been for the woman at the gas station who suggested we check them out. The manager was very nice, even gave us a small gift when we left. I'd go out of my way to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmcbo
Reviewed March 7, 2010

I absolutely LOVED this place. The service was great and everyone was nice, it's run by a family so there's a homey feeling to it.. I'm a neat freak and they definitely met my cleanliness standards. At first I was apprehensive about staying because I'm used to luxury hotels but this motel had a similar atmosphere. The lobby was just GORGEOUS. It was very fancy looking, you would not know you were in a motel, it was grand. The prices were very affordable. I would DEFINITELY go again and HIGHLY recommend it. I'm from California and I was there during the snow and there were no heating problems whatsoever, it was warm and cozy.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple