“Very bad experience, do not use this hotel.”

Luxury Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Troy, MO Luxury Inn & Suites on 09/01/2012. We were attending my niece's wedding in nearby Hawk Point. We had a very bad experience that included a leaking ceiling, ceiling 'popcorn' falling down, and a dead cockroach. We had to transfer our luggage twice due to the leaking/falling ceilings. And the dead cockroach was found the next morning in the third bathroom. The final insult occurred when we checked-out and I bought the dead insect to the desk clerk. I asked to talk to the general manager and I was told he was not available. When I asked for his phone number I was told he gave instructions he was not to be disturbed on his day off. I later discovered the desk clerk was the general manager. I would urge anyone to stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: I would not recommend any room in this building.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We made a quick trip to St. Charles to pick up a new car and stopped in Troy for the night. No chance to make reservations beforehand so we "winged It" and ended up at Luxury Inn & Suites. The room was everything we needed and a bit more. Didn't have anything to put in the fridge or cook in the MW but they were available. The room and bathroom were both clean. Breakfast was adequate though not overwhelming. All in all, a great value for the $59 room rate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kpsiemsen
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My fiance, his friends, and I stayed here because we left the fair late and didn't want to drive all the way to St Charles. When we got to the room we opened up the mini fridge to put a drink in it and there was food left in it. When I went to the bathroom the door would not latch and the tiles were cracked. The shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned at all in months. It was disgusting I would never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed at your hotel (Luxury Inn & Suites in Troy, MO.) on July 2nd. Your hotel had been recommended by a local citizen of Troy. We were staying there the night prior to our wedding. What we found upon entering our room was a bed with big cigarette burn holes in the comforter. Upon going to the pool to swim with my grandchildren we found a pool that was approx. 8-10 inches low on water. The water was approx. 3 in. below the skimmer. that means absolutely no circulation or filtration of the stagnant water, as if that wasn't enough, a female contraceptive ring was found on the floor near the pool and shower by my daughter when she had my grandchildren at the pool. During the morning hours at breakfast we were told not to dispose of our trash in the trash can next to the coffee area to use a differant trash can. Also upon going back to the room to get ready to leave for our wedding we took a shower to find that as soon as we stepped into the tub for a shower the tub turned blacker than the mississippi because of going barefoot on the carpeting that morning in our room. Our stay there was, disappointing, to say the least. We told my brother that recommended the hotel of our experience and he was shocked as he has recommended the hotel numerous times and even puts quest up there from time to time. Don't know if he will be doing that anymore. I wish our time would have been more enjoyable, can't say that we will ever stay there again, maybe the next owners will care alittle more about their patrons than you do.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bwhte
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This hotel is exactly the type of hotel you would expect to stay in. Friendly service the customer service was absolutely great. Good prices, awesome rooms. Clean and well maintained bathrooms I would def. recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. There very welcoming and accommodating with any question you might have. This hotel get a Yes from me

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aman S
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I am from Washington and I had gone to missouri to visit some of my relatives. I had no place to go and the other Hotel was very expensive. Another hotel was cheap but the quality of the stay was very worst. Then i came to Luxury Inn & Suites. There price was very reasonable and the quality of the stay was worth the price. I thought for the great stay the price would be very expensive. I was very happy with my stay. In fact the rooms were very clean that I never seen any clean hotel like this. The staff was friendly and the lady at the desk was very super sweet and helpful. I am willing to come back there as soon as i get married and take my wife to honeymoon. I love that place and they made my worst day turn into a good night. I had a very peaceful sleep. I recommend this to anyone to try staying at this hotel once.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank larry c
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Super clean + Big pool + Free Breakfast + Fast & Friendly Service ( All at a geat price) = Will be staying at again in the future!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank elizabeth a

Been to Luxury Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!