“Great Stay”

Marriott St. Louis West
Reviewed April 10, 2012

It was my first time at this property, and I really enjoyed staying there. The staff was so friendly and helpful. My check-in and check-out both went smoothly. My room was in excellent condition. They have a great bar, and while I didn't get a chance to eat in the restaurant I heard people in the elevator talking about what a great meal they had there. I would happily stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Everything nice and up-to-date. Loved the Starbucks on-site which turns into a full bar at night. Pool area was okay and the workout area was adequate. I ate at the restaurant for breakfast with my daughter who was with us and she got the full buffet for free. I opted for the continental but was charged for the full buffet as well. When I told the waitress that I was charged incorrectly, she almost accused me of eating bacon, eggs, etc. off of my daughter's plate. Wrong. My daughter fed me a bite of bacon (which was just okay) and so that was uncomfortable!
The rooms are nice and a good size. Bathrooms are fine but seriously, the towels were kind of like taking a paper towel and drying off in the morning--I mean, ridiculously thin. Those could DEFINITELY be improved.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
smelchior, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis West, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear klegov,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be nice & up to date. As you noticed, the Starbuck's counter is a focal point of our Marriott "Greatroom" lobby and the convenience of the serivce has received very popular responses from our guests. While I understand most of your stay was enjoyable, I was disappointed to hear of the service you received in the restaurant. Your experience is not indicative of the level of service we strive to provide to our guests and you have my full commitment to address your experience with my team. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to St. Louis as I am confident that you will find a much more enjoyable experience. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed here for three nights for a hockey tournament. The rooms and lobby area are updated and clean. The staff is friendly enough. However, the rooms are small and the doubles have full beds, not queens. We had to get connecting rooms for our family of 5 because the rooms don't have pull-outs. Our rooms did not have a fridge or microwave.
Oh and the toilet paper is super cheap, which is a small, but irritating thing! The gym and pool were large, but the pool is not heated enough and they had a hard time keeping up with towels.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if you would like more space. Also reserve a fridge if you have any medicatio...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
smelchior, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis West, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Dear JackTyChar,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found our recently updated hotel to be clean and that our staff was friendly & helpful. However, I was disappointed to hear that you found our connecting guest rooms did not provide the space you would like to have for your family. We do offer slightly larger rooms and I will be sure to review your feedback with my front desk staff so that we can provide this information at check in. I was also disappointed to hear your feedback regarding our pool area as we usually receive very positive feedback regarding our recreational facilities. We take your comments seriously and you have my commitment to address your feedback with my team. In the end, our number one goal is to exceed our guests every expectation. Thank you for allowing us to take care of your family and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Hotel is updated and very nice. The restaurant was delicious. About 20 min from airport and downtown but very east to get to.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Dear TTownBound,
Thank you for choosing the St. Louis Marriott West as your hotel of choice while visiting St. Louis and we hope to see you again on your next trip.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a professional seminar he had to attend. Our room was delightful, the staff was very helpful, room service was impeccable. The downside however, tthere was no refrigerator, one had to get on the highway to go shopping or going out to eat. The food at the restaurant was not to my tasting. It was a little bland and expensive for the quality of the food. What I really loved about this place was that there was a walking/running trail. It was a relaxing experience sceptically when it came to having meals.

Room Tip: There are no restaurants or shops nearby, would not recommend the hotel restaurant. Restaurants are...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Evynette T,
Thank you for your compliments regarding your stay with us. It is always nice to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay and found our staff to be friendly & helpful. We understand your disappointment regarding the lack of refrigerators in the guest rooms, but I did want to let you know that we do offer refrigerators on request as we know the importance this amenity has to many of our guests. I was also disappointed to hear that our food quality did not exceed your expectations. This is usually an area that receives very positive feedback from our guests and conference attendees, but we take your comments seriously and will review your experience closely to ensure we continue to provide a quality dining experience. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2012

We couldn't believe the deal on this hotel room! We were driving through from New Orleans and stopped over for a day to visit the Arch and found this hotel through Marriott.com. We booked a rate that included breakfast (there isn't a breakfast otherwise) and found the hotel to be very nice for the price we paid for the stay. The breakfast buffet was extremely impressive including made to order (in front of you) waffles or omeletes, delicious cheese blintzes, smoked salmon, an array of fruit and the usual pastries, cereals, etc. We very much enjoyed it, but found it would have cost our family of 3 $50 for that breakfast and were exceedingly thankful for the breakfast inclusive rate we had secured as that is a bit much to spend on breakfast in our opinion! The only downside is that this hotel is not convenient to the typical downtown attractions.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
smelchior, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis West, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Thank you for staying with us during your family trip and for looking to Marriott.com to assist you with your reservation needs. I am glad you found our breakfast package to be such a good value and that our breakfast offerings exceeded your expectations. We know how important breakfast is to our guests and will continue to offer our breakfast package as a way to provide the greatest value to both families and individuals. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2012

At 1:30 AM on a Sunday morning I checked into to this hotel after driving all day/night from Colorado Springs.

I didn't have reservations anywhere and decided to stay here since I wanted a better-than-average, clean place to sleep soundly given we wanted to get back on the road by 7am. I was pleasantly surprised at how affordable the weekend rate was.

I received a warm greeting, easily found my room, and blown away by how clean and quiet the room was. After a few hours GOOD sleep in the marvelous bed we were back on the road.

Needless to say I will plan on returning again and again, and get there earlier in the day to fully appreciate all the other amenities this hotel has to offer.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us during your trip through St. Louis. We would love to have you spend a little more time with us during your next visit so that you and your family can enjoy our scenic pool area or dine in our Blue Fire Grille restaurant. You may also want to save some extra time in order to visit some of St. Louis' area attractions which are just a few minutes away. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Town and Country
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#4 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark

Been to Marriott St. Louis West? Share your experiences!