“The White Table Cloth Treatment”
Review of John Mineo's

John Mineo's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Saint Louis, Missouri
“The White Table Cloth Treatment”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Still one of the best old school restaurants in town. Excellent service and owners that still care what the customers want. Specials are good but they don't need them because they will custom cook what you are after. The patio area is a new touch last year and on a good night a fine place to sit. Great Service, Food and staff that care.

• Visited May 2013

Chesterfield, Missouri
“It is sad to see the grand fall so far”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

OK, I remember when Mineo's was the place to take a client to impress. There are well attired wait staff, plenty of table side service and the food used to be elegent.

I brought my cousin to dinner last month and it was sad to see how far in food quality a damned fine restaurant can fall, so fast.

The minestrone, could have come from a can, and was devoid of flavor and vegetables. Sorry, for the price it should have some taste.

I ordered my all time favorite, the squid, and was served rubber bands in pepper sauce.

The dishes my wife and cousin had were better, but clearly not in the fifty dollar range without wine or desert.

I am a casual kind of guy, but wearing shorts to dinner and being seated is a bit too far. On the way out I looked for the "No shirt, no shoes, no service sign."

A terrible disapointment. The next time I want to spend that kind of money, Kemolls, Tony's or Al's will get my business.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Stu K
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“A Dining Experience”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We got a groupon for Christmas and decided to go after reading the previous reviews. I have to say they are fairly accurate. This is "old world/old school" dining with tablecloths, all the staff well dressed and tableside preparation. The service was excellent and the chef stopped by before ordering and answered our questions about the menu (our first time here). The house dressing is extremely light and we enjoyed a simple house salad. My wife ordered the sea bass and it lived up to expectations. Hot in the middle, delicate, delicious and a generous portion. She got the sauce on the side as she is not much of a sauce person. She ate all the mushrooms in the sauce! I had the seafood pasta and it was a delight. It was full of seafood but, more importantly, had an excellent broth which didn't overpower and enabled you to enjoy all of the ingredients. I can see where the atmosphere was mentioned in another review as stuffy but I think that if you know that going in it's not a big deal. I will say that besides some individuals that were there with larger parties or families, we were the youngest people there. It was a truly romantic dinner. I reminded me more of Dominic's than Tony's.

• Visited January 2013
Missouri
“Groupon Offer”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I bought a groupon to use at this restaurant.
We had a very early reservation and I am glad we did.
The restaurant is very nice. White table clothes and waiters standing around waiting to get you anything.
While this is wonderful and I have to say that the food was excellent..it was somewhat stuffy.
Think Tony's without the dinner jacket.
I rated the service less because this is not a restaurant that seems to appreciate kids. Younger ones not so much anyway.
We dined with our older child. What was a little uncomfortable was that there was not one person under the age of 30 in this restaurant.
We all had a very good meal and were glad to have the groupon which saved us paying an expensive bill, and that was without drinks.
i would recommend this restaurant to anyone. As I said the food was really good. Just don't take young children.

• Visited October 2012
Saint Charles, Missouri
“It's been way too long!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband took dates to this restaurant 30 years ago for high school homecoming. Seeing a Groupon, he quickly snatched one up! I have never been so delighted with new find in my own home town in a long time. Tucked away on Clayton Road, This gem is worth the trip. Classic old school italian decor, extremely professional wait staff, all of them wearing suits! The extensive veal selections,clearly their forte, was impressive and delicious. Both my husband and I selected different veal dishes, which were finished table side with much flair as the waiter warmed the entree's and sauces directly on the plate. This is a great place to take a date, or spouse, for a special occasion. We will not wait thirty years to return

• Visited June 2012