Review Highlights
Ms rose

I enjoyed the tour of this house and all the original dishes furniture clothing etc the family left... read more

Reviewed October 10, 2018
Rose Ann V
via mobile
A fine old home with original furnishings!

On the National Register of Historic Places. It's on FaceBook, so you can find more information... read more

Reviewed September 22, 2016
Vernon G
Tipton, Missouri

All reviews girls school civil war clothing homes history tour
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2016

On the National Register of Historic Places. It's on FaceBook, so you can find more information there.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed June 25, 2016

This is a wonderful old home with lots of history. The furnishings are original which is not always the case when visiting historical houses. This is a most see if you are in the Tipton, MO area. My husband and I really enjoyed the informative tour of the house and grounds.

Date of experience: May 2016
2  Thank Penny R
Reviewed December 10, 2015

Beautiful place to visit with lots of history. Each time I go I see more things that I missed the last time. A must see!

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed June 14, 2015

I was very disappointed that it was not told on this site that photo's could not be taken inside the home. There was also no signs outside of the front door saying this. I have been in many other homes and was allowed to take photo's on the inside of them.
The history is very interesting and there were lots of things to enjoy.
If I had known about no camera's I would have not gone and taken the tour of $10.00.
Very disappointed overall.....

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed January 26, 2015

Neat look back at Local Town History. Was used by General Fremont during the Civil War. In the past it was a plantation on the African-American side of the tracks back in the day and was also a girls school.

Date of experience: January 2015