“Cozy little retreat”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise Beach
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Cozy little retreat”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights in studio 1. The pros: fireplace, largest studio in the building, big kitchen with all the basics, hot water, comfy bed, outstanding view. The cons: seriously needs updating, run down and shabby. Poor ventilation in bathroom, small tv, room lock not very secure. But I would come back based on fabulous customer service, reasonable prices (visitmo.com has a FREE NIGHT coupon!), and it worked well for our large group to all stay in the same building. Give it a try but don't expect the Plaza quality.....

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ILgirl73
getitright1, Owner at Lakeview Resort, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear ILgirl - I appreciate your review, and I'm glad you enjoyed your lakeside studio with full kitchen, fireplace and outstanding view. I find some your choice of words disheartening, as you paid only $53.30 per night for a lakeside condo with full kitchen, fireplace, and million dollar 5 mile view. A motel on the highway would cost you more. Bathroom has a slider window, so not sure of your ventilation issue. As a 3 rd generation owner of a resort that has been family owned and operated since 1946, I can personally assure you that we have and will continue to strive to make our resort updated and a place that guests will want to return to.
Jake Drake
3rd generation and 30 yrs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
union mo
Reviewed October 29, 2013

we were there for the Witchey (halloween) weekend.our unit was called the Beach House,it was lakeside and a great view,but that is all.We had to move out of the unit to a condo because of the mold.Actually made us sick.The lack of maintence was apparent everywhere in the unit,from buckled floors to outside doors that had gapes around them.you would think that they would at least furnish hangers they don;t.Very bad experiance would not return and would not recommend

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mike k
Mike - In response to your review, I agree, that the Beach House cottage is definitely a great location. I personally checked the unit during your stay and found nothing to support your issues at the time. We will adress the other issues you mentioned. Glad that the condo worked better for your needs.
Best regards -
3rd Generation
St. Louis
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed there twice this summer and really liked it both times. Once was in a lakeside studio and the other time in their cheapest unit, a trailer/mobile with an addition built on. For the price on the trailer it was great. We had other family members traveling with us and I was paying so I needed something that could sleep us all at a super affordable price. $69.95 a night for five adults is about as super affordable as it gets. The unit had a fairly big kitchen and living room and two small bedrooms and a deck with a great view of the lake. The main dock with the fishing house was just a few steps from the unit and the outdoor pool, game room and really nice playground were just a hop, skip and jump away. Of course most of the furniture/decor was dated, it was $69.95 a night, but it was clean and everything worked as it was supposed to and it was actually bigger than I thought it would be based on the description and photos.

The studio unit had a deck that overlooked the lake and the little gravel bank/swimming area and it had an ever better view of the lake. It too was clean and everything worked as it should. The kitchen area was nice, the bed was big and comfortable and the decor and furnishings in this unit were much more updated than the trailer. The trailer falls more in the category of camping cabin and the studio in the hotel category. Both were at least as much, if not more, than I expected.
Things I wish were a bit different . . . the trailer definitely needs a better front door and there is also a black walnut tree that hangs over the deck and parking spot, and while I think the trees are beautiful, they are quite messy. My only real issue is that I wished somebody would've came and wiped down the deck furniture before we got there. I spent a fair amount of time upon arrival wiping the patio set down so we wouldn't get the sap and "tree grime" on our clothes and stuff we set on the table.I"ve had these trees and I know they can be a lot to keep up with, but I was ready to relax when I got there. That being said, for the price, I would definitely stay in the unit again, tree sap and all.

I wish the really nice pool and indoor pool and hot tub were open later, but I say that everywhere I go (I'm a night owl). Their pools were open to around ten I believe, which is pretty much standard everywhere. I have stayed at many lakeside resorts at the LOZ and the amenities here were nicer than any of the others I have been to. I like to fish and boat and swim. I like to be close to the water. I like a nice view. I like good prices and clean accommodations that have enough space that I don't want to disown my family by the end of trip. Lakeview basically accomplished all of those things, but they aren't miracle workers. After three hours in the car with my family, I'll always want to disown them. =)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank awakenings76
getitright1, Owner at Lakeview Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Awakenings76 - I loved reading your review. You are so specific and informative...you must be a school teacher! I agree with you regarding What-a-view unit. It is a just step up from camping, which I find endearing, especially for the price of $69.95 per night. The unit, as you probably figured out, was named after the view. Unfortunately the huge walnut trees are beautiful, but do drop things. I'm sorry if the deck furniture was missed, we have a hard time keeping ahead of the sap and nuts in the fall. You'll have to come back to see the new enclosed heated fishing dock we are installing this week. It will have concrete decking, color TV and shuffleboard table.
Hope you can make it back soon.
Very truly,
Geneva
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have mixed feelings about our stay here. On one hand, we loved sitting on our private deck at night, grilling and overlooking the lake. The staff were friendly and it was really relaxing. On the other hand, our cabin could really use a good scrubbing (spiderwebs, dust in corners) and polishing (paint chipping, scuff marks, grout eroding). Due to the latter, the price felt a bit high for what you get. Even the pool, playgrounds and other public spaces felt like it just needed a good touch-up. Still, we had a good time. I recommend really scouring the website to choose your cabin, some are more modern than others. We were in the Bayview Cottage, which I remember was not my first choice, but some of the more modern were already taken.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank BinGeneva
Geneva - I am glad to hear that you had a relaxing time and enjoyed grilling lakeside. I agree that it is time will spent just sitting on the deck enjoying the lake view. I got with housekeeping after reading your review and told them to be sure to hit those corners and knock down those webs. Much of our touch up painting and remodeling will be done in our off season. I appreciate your bringing it to my attention.
I hope we can serve you again in the future.
3 generations and going.
Hermann, Missouri
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We My 3 siblings and our kids all rented Westgate Condo 342. This was a privately owned condo we rented through Lakeview. Since it wasn't owned by them, there were no pictures on the website BUT the office personel emailed me pics. We arrived and it was BEAUTIFUL! Its was clean, the walls weren't scuffed, the furniture was NICE. It seriously looked like a brand new place. I LOVED waking up to the lake right off the balcony....it was the highlight of the trip. Everyone we delt with in the office was extremely polite and helpful. I would say the only downfall to the resort would be there seemed to be alot maintanance that needed to be done in common areas. Many arcade games were down, sauna was out of order, so was weight room, and some of docks needed repairs. These places needed updating, and I'm not sure about the cabins & other suites, I never saw the insides of those. If we return to the lake we would definitley return to Lakeview AND return to Westgate condo 342, and just hope that more amenities would be in working order. Like I stated before though, the girls in the office were sweet and very helpful though from the time I booked it 3 months prior, and called over & over asking 100 questions,till the time we left. This impressed me in itself!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dana p
Dana - It's always nice hearing of extended family getting together. We're glad that condo 342 met your needs, and I agree regarding the view, it is awesome. The maintenance issues you mentioned have been resolved and we are installing a new enclosed heated fishing dock this week. It will have concrete decking, color TV, and a shuffleboard table. What better way to fish! Hope to see you again.
Best regards -
3rd generation at Lakeview
Bourbonnais, Illinois
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family has been going to Lake of The Ozarks for years. However this was our first visit to this resort. Their is about 25 family members, including grandparents all the way down to great grand children. And their was something for everyone. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found everything satisfactory, including the weather. We hope that you and your family can visit again soon.
Rock Island, Illinois
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I took my daughter and grandchildren to Lakeview Resort in late July. I chose this location because they had a cabin large enough to accommodate five of us and they were willing to rent for less than a week at a time. We found cabin #25 to be clean and comfortable. The sofa bed is the exception, you really can't sleep on it. There were sufficient kitchen utensils and appliances to do all of our cooking. The kids loved the indoor and outdoor pools as well as the beach for swimming. Only downside here was the pebble beach really is pebbles, so bring swimshoes. We were able to rent lifejackets to ease our minds and allow them more freedom. The playgrounds were adequate to entertain them for a reasonable time. And we especially appreciated the quiet hours starting at 10 at night. The full service grocery store within five miles was a definite plus. Staff was friendly and helpful and they arranged for beautiful weather the whole time we were there. We were very satisfied.

Room Tip: we were back from the piers and water, but between the pool and beach, so this was very nice for the...