“March fun & fishing visit”
Review of Lakeview Resort

and 1 more site!
Lakeview Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise Beach
Kansas City, Missouri
“March fun & fishing visit”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This was my first stay at this resort, I usaually head for the "other"side of the lake. I brought along my CoCaptain Grandson Daniel, a friend of mine, & her son. Our cabin was spacious, clean, & just right. Staff was very friendly, & the fishing off the nearby docks(plenty to choose from) was fruitful & very fun. Definitely will book more stays at this Resort. The indoor pool & hot tub were enjoyable as well!
Diana C

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
getitright1, Owner at Lakeview Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your with others, and we are glad that your past visit with us was pleasant. We stand ready and willing to help you in anyway in planning your next visit. We know the importance of spending quality time with family and friends, and are proud to provide a facility designed for that purpose. We hope to see you again soon.
3rd Generation owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We first discovered Lakeview Resort in 1998 after my husband had a knee replacement. We wanted somewhere quiet, with and indoor pool. The staff was so helpful, they put us as close to the pool as possible with very little walking. Several years ago we discovered that it was just as much fun to visit in the winter (many rooms have fireplaces)! Every time we visit, the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and helpful (they even deliver firewood to your door)and most of the cabins are just steps to the lake. If you are looking for a place that has everything, fishing, swimming, boating, playing on the playground, this place can't be beat. We love it here. It's our place at the lake.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jalex1954
Burlington, Iowa
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My husband and I spent our Valentine's anniversary in the Robin's Nest cabin. It's a nice, 1 bedroom cabin; just the right size for a cozy weekend for two. The lake view is beautiful, we saw an eagle upon arrival, and just enjoyed time away from the rest of the world.
We also have a family reunion at Lakeview every other summer. It's a great resort for families. Our grandkids love the pools, the lake and the playgrounds. They always find something fun to do!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hartman, AR
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I have stayed at this resort in the years past with my son and other members of my family and always we had excellent service. We were there in 2009 for the Halloween activities and we decorated our cabin and the resort had a cook out by the swimming pool and the resort cooked the meat for everyone and then each cabin that wanted to participate, made a dish and brought one to share with everyone. It was a great time. Then the kids could trick or treat the cabins and the resort gave haunted hayrides. It was a wonderful time. But we did not know that my 31 year old son would die a month and a half after our return. I was devastated as well as my whole family and since then I had not returned after his death after a while I asked Lacey to go back with me in October of 2011 and she agreed. She is my daughter-in-law. We went and we had a great time. I missed my son so much as this was his favorite place to go. We went all the time since he was 1 year old. The cabin was so clean and decorated so nice and all kitchen needs were provided you have everything except towels. Lacey and I took our laptops and we set out at our patio table and were able to pick up the internet. The resort owners met all our needs and we will be going back and I recommend this to anyone that enjoys the lake and the peace and quiet and who likes to relax. They have an indoor and outdoor pool and a recreation room. They also have a hot tub, tennis, and playground on site. Something for all the family to do. All I can say is go and see for yourself how great it really is.

Room Tip: All units I have stayed in have been equally good. Have not had a bad one. If you enjoy great views...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
getitright1, Owner at Lakeview Resort, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Kathy - Hi, I am Jacob Drake.  I am the 3rd generation of the Drake family that owns Lakeview Resort, now going in to our 66th year of family ownership. I have been involved 29 years, since my grandfather, Jake, retired back in 1981. I have to tell you, that your comments on our resort are some of the most heartfelt that I have experienced in my years here.  I wanted to cry after reading your letter.  I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your son.  I am a father of two  and can only imagine the pain of losing a child, no matter their age.

I appreciate the comment that your son loved the resort.  The next time you visit, I wish that you would ask for me, as I would like to meet you.  If your son had a favorite place, I would like to create a memorial in his name. I feel it would be nice that you have a place where you can visit to remember your loved one, in a place that he loved.

Thank you again for sharing your story with us.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

Jake

Update:
4/30/12
Kathy -
I'm so glad we got to meet. It was totally my pleasure to have a planted tree as a memorial to Bobby. Your story touched me from the first time I read it. Creating a tribute to Bobby just seemed like the right thing to do. People like him, and you, make it a pleasure to go to the resort everyday.
The resort has been home to me for 49 years, and I truly appreciate people that feel that same sense of "feeling at home" when they arrive. I regret not having the opportunity to visit with Bobby while he was with us, but will enjoy knowing that he is watching over our mutual little piece of heaven.

Sincerely -

Jake
Gardner, Kansas
Reviewed December 20, 2011

We came here on Dec 08,2011 from Kansas City on the conversation we had with our pastor's wife, who recomended this place.She came here earlier this year and loved it. The staff was very polite and will go out of way to assist you any way possible.The room was very clean and the view of the lake was so serene.The room was fully stocked with cooking utensils,dishes etc.All the stores were close by for any shopping needs that you may have. Overall we had a tremendous time and will return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Upon calling the resort we found the staff very heplful in choosing our accommodation. We stayed in a rustic one bedroom, Robins Nest, that we found very chaming and well appointed in a wilderness theme, right down to the log furniture. Resort is very relaxing in this time of year, yet not too far from the outlet mall to do a little shopping and dine at a beautiful restaruant on a bluff overlooking the lake, called Baxters. We thouroughly enjoyed our experience at the lake and Lakeview Resort!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I have stayed at this resort 3 times. First on my honeymoon, and another time on our anniversary. We have loved this place so much that this recent stay we brought our entire family together to celebrate Christmas. I have stayed in both the cabins and this time their condo's. The condo was a 5 bedroom with loft and was for lack of better words SPECTACULAR. All of our kids were amazed of the beauty and the deck that looked out over the lake. Now, they are all looking to vacation there themselves. While we were there, we had some issues with hot water running out a clogged drain. Upon calling the office they had a maintenance man there immediately and all was fixed within 30 min. I have always enjoyed my stay and the staff there are all awesome. The visit before this on our anniversary we arrived with a bottle of wine and a card wishing us a happy anniversary. This is just an awesome place.

Room Tip: If you are looking for solitude stay in their cabins. If you are looking for luxury stay in one of...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Camden on the Lake Resort
Camden on the Lake Resort
#1 of 13 in Lake Ozark
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Lakeview Resort? Share your experiences!