“Can't wait to go back”
Review of Bear Bottom Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sunrise Beach
Bear Bottom Resort
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise Beach
springfield il
“Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I read the reviews before visiting and I'm here to set the record straight. This is a great resort for families with 2 waterslides, 2 pools, fireworks on Saturday night. But without children this is also a fun resort. 2 bars, live music in the evenings and close to a lot of other resorts like Franky & Louie's. Just remember you are staying at the lake...it's not the Hilton but the rooms are very clean, tastefully decorated and the kitchenettes are ideal for extended stays. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Friends visited us during the stay at Bear Bottom and were very impressed with the facilities and the service.
My only suggestion to the staff...with the many trees around the pool it could use a skimmer on the deck. We were willing to skim the pool each morning but couldn't find the equipment. All in all, I give it 5 stars and I am a picky consumer. Trust me, you will not be disappointed, unless it rains, but who can control that?

Room Tip: Small rooms-you may want to request a larger one
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank twinsis71

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Visited on Sunday before Memorial Day so the kids could ride the water slides. It was crowded and I waited at the pool bar and had a beer. I could never get close to getting another so left and paid by credit card but did not receive a receipt when my card was returned. My bill the next month showed I had been charged for a few beers. I did call the resort and talked with a "manager" who reviewed the record and indicated that a credit would be issued. Of course the credit did not appear on the next two billing cycles. So, I again called and talked with another "manager" who reviewed the billing and also said he would take care of it and issue a credit. The credit has never appeared. They will never see another cent from me and my family If they're willing to sacrifice their honesty (for about eight dollars). I would recommend Captain Ron's, Coconuts, or Frankie and Louie's but never this place - and I used to visit it before it became Bear Bottoms when it used to employ honest people.

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank tdglad

Travelers are raving about these Sunrise Beach hotels

Saint Clair, Missouri
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Was suppose to stay 2 days only stayed one. Rooms were newly remodeled. The website gave the impression the resort was only a few minutes from all the fun. It was actually about 30 minutes away. Have to pay a toll fee each time. Bathroom was very small. To give the kids a shower we had to almost have them step out of the shower to rinse them. When I took a shower the floor of the shower was slimmy. Also when my son got in his bed there were crumbs in the bed. He ended up sleeping with me. I checked out the next morning. The young ones had fun on the water slide & the pool was good.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank bgga
Omaha
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We stay at Cottage 3-4, the room were clean and had everything we needed. If we ran out of anything all we had to do was ask. The owner Melissa was awesome, she came over to where we staying to make sure everything was fine. We came down with two others couples, we all agreed that everything about the resort was great!! We had so much fun on the waterslides also.
Thanks Melissa and Staff.

Tanya K

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank reggie09Omaha
boomboomdaddy, Owner at Bear Bottom Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2010
Thanks for your review. It's always good to hear from happy customers
Missouri
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I just had a great Saturday at Bear Bottom Resort!!! I had a clean room, could have gone on the Water Slides(looked like lots of fun!), and had a great meal in a pleasant surrounding.
My French Dip was excellent, piled high with beef. The Onion rings were very tasty, not greasy at all. My Ice Tea was refilled even before I asked. The service was second to none. There was live music in the evening, and the owner Matt Sutcliffe sat in with the band...very entertaining!
If you would like a really fun time, great food, and live music, along with a nice place to stay...come to Bear Bottom Resort!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Had lunch here. The food was bad and the service worse. Saw a sign here for Aloha Watersports. Called and reserved two wave runners. Should have known better. Aloha showed up 2 1/2 hours earlier than scheduled and seem aggravated that we wouldn't take them at that time. Found out later that they charged my credit card without authorization for fuel. A charge they never verbally disclosed and despite assurances from the rep that the only charge was the rental fee and tax unless there was damage to the watercraft. Do yourself a favor and if you visit the Lake of the Ozarks, deal with a reputable rental company.In my opinion this guy is not.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank mudandlumber
st louis
Reviewed July 20, 2009

bear bottom is a great family get away, the food was good and the beer was the coldest ive ever had any where on the lake. the slides were amazing me and the kids had a great time we will be returning again in sept., iam not really sure what happend with the ppl that wrote the reviews before me but i was treated very well Matt, his wife whos name i cant rember and Matt's son mark were all very neat ppl who will do almost anything for there guest, i would say what probably happened was that they came to bear bottom with a bad aditude looking for a reason to complain and when you brought your complants to matt you didnt reason with him and iam sure that matt dosent want those kind of ppl there and nither would i. and matt iam sure would have made it right if it was a falt of the resorts as ive seen him do before.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
#2 of 13 in Lake Ozark
Lake Breeze Resort
Lake Breeze Resort
#2 of 4 in Camdenton

Been to Bear Bottom Resort? Share your experiences!