“Clean and comfortable”

Comfort Inn Sullivan
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Sullivan
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We checked in around 8:30 PM and were provided with and ADA room (we did not need it - must have been one of the last available). The room was larger than normal, to allow for navigating with a wheelchair. It also had a large bathroom with a large roll-in capable shower. It had a standard shower head as well as a hand held unit mounted at a level that could be reached from a sitting position. It also had a shower bench that could be placed in the shower if desired. One odd item I noticed was that the sink did not seem to have an overflow drain and there is no floor drain. The shower has its own drain, but the bathroom floor will get a bit wet from water splattering. Again, not a problem and it is to be expected when there is a roll in shower. Just don't put anything on the floor near the shower or it may get wet. The beds were comfortable and they offered two types of pillows - one firmer than the other. There was a decent sized HD TV with HD channels. Unfortunately we could not find the TV listing card. The breakfast was the standard continental plus a waffle maker (blueberry and regular) and scrambled eggs and sausage. I suspect the eggs were from a carton. One needed improvement would be to add two or three tables - the room gets crowded and I saw people sharing travels as well as others standing and waiting. The dining room attendant was the best I have seen. He kept everything well stocked and immediately cleaned anything needing attention. This is a good clean hotel that I will keep on my list for return visits.

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed overnight at this property and our stay was excellent. The property and rooms are modern, updated, clean and comfortable. The hot breakfast was good and the staff was friendly.We have stayed here many times passing through and have never been disappointed, always clean and nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Sheri the afternoon desk attendant was very pleasant as well as accommodating. Rooms and dining area were very clean and the hot breakfast was the typical motel breakfast but hey, it's included so can't complain. Motel (nice appearance outside) is located right next door to Cracker Barrel and a big gas station/ convenient store. Seems to be in a safe area and after looking at all the motels, if you have to stay in Sullivan, this is the place to stay.

Reminder: Consider leaving the housekeepers a few bucks as they usually do a great job and work hard.

Room Tip: One end of the motel islocated next to the highway so might want to request the opposite end
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Mark H
Reviewed July 17, 2014

After getting a late start Sunday leaving Champaign, IL we pulled into this COMFORT INN SULLIVAN in this small town west of St. Louis. We were pleasantly surprised how accommodating the staff and facility was. Our ADA room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good and we got an early start before 7 AM.

Room Tip: Good value for our 12 day 4250 mile round trip
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I hate to give this place such a low rating but I feel its necessary because of barking dog in next room....to start with I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay large parking lot for semi trucks behind motel..property looks nice lady at check in was very courteous and friendly room was around $100.00 got to room it was nice clean,well lit AC worked well shower very clean and bed comfy ..when I checked in I ask for the top floor because I would be sleeping in late afternoon and leaving at midnight...everything was great till about 800pm when a dog in the room next to me started barking and woke me up so I called the front desk they said they would call the room..weather they did or not I do not know but the barking dog continued to bark periodically through the evening/ night...if they want to allow animals here they should be in a room away from others in my opinion I paid $100.00 to get very little sleep and then leave at midnight to drive a hazmat truck 14 hours on very little sleep..If not for the dog this would have been a great stay but due to the noise it was a horrible stay and I doubt if I would stay again which is sad because this is a nice place but I will not pay that kind of money and not get good sleep

Room Tip: make sure and ask not to be in a room people with pets if they cant control them and you are plannin...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank teamster175
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight at this property on a Friday and were very satisfied with the way things went. We had reserved a 2-queen bed room(got it), which had a fridge and a microwave (were surprised). The beds were comfortable.
Breakfast in the morning was hot, fresh and the staff were on their feet to keep it nicely stocked (lots of guests at the same time when we went).
The tv remote in our room was non-functional.
Overall, a very nice experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank springfield_gsogs
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The A/C was on and working when we walked into our room (nice in July). 100% non-smoking hotel. Room was clean and fresh. Staff was friendly and professional. Easy walk to Cracker Barrel. Definitely will stay here again. About an hour from St. Louis, so was a good stopping point for us.

My peeve is hotels that put a fitted sheet on the mattress, which does not work. The Comfort Inn makes the bed with real fitted sheets. Nice. Lots of pillows (both firm and soft). Plenty of bath linens. Lots of cups and glasses. Free wifi, coffee maker, fridge w/ freezer in room. Guest laundry and ice on each floor. Very nice amenities.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was nice. No traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cabin m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sullivan
Baymont Inn & Suites Sullivan
Best Western Plus Washington Hotel
Super 8 St. Clair MO
Super 8 St. Clair MO
#2 of 2 in Saint Clair

Been to Comfort Inn Sullivan? Share your experiences!