“100% non-smoking, fabulous A/C, walk to Cracker Barrel”

Comfort Inn Sullivan
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Sullivan
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The A/C was on and working when we walked into our room (nice in July). 100% non-smoking hotel. Room was clean and fresh. Staff was friendly and professional. Easy walk to Cracker Barrel. Definitely will stay here again. About an hour from St. Louis, so was a good stopping point for us.

My peeve is hotels that put a fitted sheet on the mattress, which does not work. The Comfort Inn makes the bed with real fitted sheets. Nice. Lots of pillows (both firm and soft). Plenty of bath linens. Lots of cups and glasses. Free wifi, coffee maker, fridge w/ freezer in room. Guest laundry and ice on each floor. Very nice amenities.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was nice. No traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cabin m

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Happy stay...love being a Choice Privilege member...always nice staff...clean...comfortable rooms...the indoor pool could've been warmer...but the hot tub was great! Wonderful hot breakfast with all the extras!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We used the property as an overnight stay Above average comfort inn, desk girl was friendly. Helpful, A few places to eat and store close. Easy truck parking. Rooms clean. Breakfast average for comfort inn. Gym could use an update. Would stay again

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed here recently because I didn't want to go to St. Louis or back to Rolla. I had never been here before and was uneasy. However, this hotel was quite nice and very clean. They also mentioned upgrades are about to start; this is great! Better to be a little early on upgrades instead of too late. Overall, a nude place and I will be back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2013

As usual, another enjoyable stay. Everything was above average to excellent and I would as always recommend this Inn to everyone. It has always been a pleasure staying here and I have stayed each year I have visited Sullivan since the facility opened.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Benny M
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Lady at the desk was very good, she tried and we knew it was not her doings. No vending machines, we could not even get a bottle of water. I had to clean part of room before we sat down. there was popcorn on chairs. there was more but maybe things got fixed. I have stayed in better Super 8's then this

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I booked a block of rooms for my wedding. I reserved these blocks several months in advance. At that time I also went ahead and reserved both suites, as many of the out of town family members (including my fiancé and myself) were coming in early from out of town. The people were extremely friendly that evening and even took the time to show me the different rooms.

The first confusion started when I called to reserve one of the rooms for my fiancés grandparents. The girl who answered the phone did not know how to look up my “block of rooms” and suggested that she just make the reservation under our wedding name.

I then called shortly after to put the name of one of the suites under my future mother in laws name (which the front desk told me was unnecessary, as my mother in law could just put it on her credit card when she arrived). That sounded fine but I also needed to extend her stay – they wanted to come down early to get everything ready for the rehearsal dinner. The front desk confirmed that one room had a check in on Thursday and the other had a check in on Friday.

A week before the wedding my fiancé thought it might also be a good idea for us to come down on Thursday – so once again I called the front desk and extended my stay for the other room. They also confirmed both rooms were now a check in on Thursday and a check out on Sunday.

On Thursday evening we were going to go straight to my parent’s house to help get things ready for the wedding. When we left St. Louis I called the hotel to let them know that we would have a late check in. Once again they confirmed that was fine and that our rooms would be held.

That evening (about 8pm) my phone rings and it is the hotel… they are calling because they wanted to confirm that I had multiple rooms in my name with overlapping stays. I said yes that is correct – the two suites for tonight through Sunday and the king room for Saturday. Then at this point it was the first time that she told me I only had ONE suite. And that the other suite had been booked.

Keep in mind this is 2 days before my wedding – I remained very calm and simply asked if there were any other rooms available tonight as we were in town and needed somewhere to stay. When we arrived at the hotel the girl that evening was very helpful and gave us a discount on the room for that night.

However the next day the manager Paulette called our room and said she needed to speak to us. I had to go to the hall to get things ready but my mother in law and fiancé went to talk to her. Paulette was VERY rude to them and told them there was nothing that she could do and that I must have NEVER made the reservation in the first place. (even though I had talked to several different people who confirmed I had both rooms and made changes to these rooms).

If you are just booking one room for one night… maybe you’ll get lucky and it will all work. But if you have a block or multiple rooms – I suggest writing down a name, date and time every time you speak to the front desk.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sullivan
Baymont Inn & Suites Sullivan
Best Western Plus Washington Hotel
Super 8 St. Clair MO
Super 8 St. Clair MO
#2 of 2 in Saint Clair

Been to Comfort Inn Sullivan? Share your experiences!