“Great lunch”

Add it.
Applebee's
Ranked #10 of 31 Restaurants in Sullivan
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Super! Excellent service , portion size, preparation, presentation, & menu clearly shows calorie count on "healthy" choices. Other dishes should have calorie count as well.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stopped here to eat on our way to St. Louis. The place was busy, but our waitress handled things like a champ and was really the only redeeming factor in our experience. After receiving our food, we ate for a bit until my boyfriend began breaking out in hives. We went through his food to check for his known triggers (mushrooms and onions) and found slivers of onions in his macaroni and cheese. This was about the time the manager was making her rounds to check to see how our food was, and when she reached our table she seemed a little short. My boyfriend asked about the onions, to which she curtly replied, "yes, there are onions in there. Do you just not like onions or something?" After explaining his allergy, she asked if he would be okay and loudly offered to call EMS. Several waitresses showed up at this point and other guests began to stare. While we appreciated her concern, it wasn't a life or death situation (as explained), but he did need to know if the onions were in his food. Admittedly, we should have asked to begin with (the menu doesn't mention onions in that dish), but have never heard of anyone putting onions in macaroni and cheese. She then danced around things for a minute before hesitantly asking if he would like something else to eat (which she so kindly tacked onto our bill). He went ahead and ordered, and another manager brought it out and hastily put it on the table without an apology or anything said. Our waitress was the only one that bothered to apologize for the situation. I understand it's not an ideal situation, but I really don't think he should have been treated so rudely for something he can't control. I'm thankful there weren't mushrooms in his food because I'm not sure the staff could have handled an emergency like that, and for as much guilt as he felt over a couple of onions, I'm sure they would have given him much more grief. I really feel like allergy training is something restaurants need to have and practice. A managers first response in any situation shouldn't be defensive or catty towards a customer, ever. It will be a very, very long time before we eat at an applebees again.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The food was just great and service to. Nothing bad to say about this place. The steak was one of the best .

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The food is ok but i really do not like how when you first walk in it is the bar and the smoking area and the whole place smells like smoke and they are a little price. My husband and I do not like to eat here very offten.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

for all they offer as a chain the sullivan mo applebbes is a huge let down
booths feel like they are falling apart and steaks are hardly cooked right as me and my dad have both had dinner there at different times and ordered well done to recieve well done on one end and medium rare on another...disgusting