“liked the ride thru”

Wild Animal Safari
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Strafford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Your ticket is an all day pass to our park which includes the drive through, walk through, and our reptile house. You can go through each section of the park as many times as you would like. In the drive through, you can ride through in your vehicle with your windows closed or you can feed and interact with the drive through animals on the bus. (The USDA requires that you have to be supervised to interact with the animals, which is why you keep your windows closed in your personal vehicle.) It is an hour and fifteen minute tour on the bus and covers about 250 acres. The walk through section is a zoo/petting zoo area where guests can interact with primates with treats; see our large carnivores; feed goats, pigs, camelids, zebus; and you can interact with our star of the walk through: Sheldon our giraffe. The reptile house is a separate building that houses snakes, lizards, frogs, a crocodile, and other reptiles species. We also have amusement rides that you can purchase tickets for. There are five rides: a carousel, a free fall, a swing ride, a kiddie roller coaster, and a set of airplanes that fly in a circle.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Took my group of elementary school children. They enjoyed it very much and I enjoyed their fun. It became an annual event for the group.

1  Thank Elaine M
"gift shop"
in 15 reviews
"per adult"

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My family and I, had the memorable times of our lives. first the walk through feed animals you never thought you could. Sheldon the giraffe was great to feed. The fun of feeding all the animals large and small, my family will grow up and bring their children to do the same thing! YOU HAVE GOT TO COME DO THIS!

3  Thank Jon T
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was probably a bad choice for us. I can agree with the other reviewers in that the animals seemed well cared for and there were lots of animals to see. Unfortunately my 4-year old daughter was pretty scared of the big animals coming so close to the car. I was not much help, because I was concerned about some of the animals with horns scratching my fairly new car (didn't happen). The animals come right up to the car. We have nose prints on the windows to prove it. One zebra was able to pull the door handle but the door was locked.

Much more impressive than I would have guessed, but just not for us.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was probably the nicest day I have had in years. It is very obvious the animals are very well cared for and loved by the staff; you can walk past some of them in cages, walk past some in open areas and pet/feed them; ride the bus or drive through the many open acres of animals; but best of all was getting to interact with the beautiful tigers (even white and snow) by feeding them chicken parts!!! You are actually very close but safely behind the fencing/cage but they respond to you. I am an animal lover and this was a totally awesome experience. We ended being there all day from open to close. Very worth the cost to do it all while you are there...and not as expensive as a lot of other types of entertainment. My boyfreind and I even enjoyed fedding fruit loops to the ring tail lemurs LOL

2  Thank Tammy O
See more reviews
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We brought our two young children to Wild Animal Safari. The ticket prices were a bit on the high end but our children loved the park. The front area of the zoo had caged animals including tigers, a bear, a timber wolf, some lemurs and a few others. The real attraction is to drive through the park where you can be up close with the many species of ruminants they have. You can drive in your own vehicle but I would strongly recommend taking the "free" tour bus. The driver is very good and will take you places you may not chose to go in your car. You will want to buy a bag or two of animal food before going on the bus. The bus stops at various places throughout the park and the animals come right up and stick their heads in the bus hoping to be fed. Our kids absolutely loved it.

1  Thank Wes B