“Clean and Comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stoutsville
The Lodge at Mark Twain Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Stoutsville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Peters, Missouri, United States
“Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I went to Mark Twain Lake for a weekend with my parents, and this was a perfect place to stay. It was near the lake, clean, and comfortable. Mike and Carol were great - they recommended dinner places for us both nights, which did not dissappoint. They were very welcoming and eager to help us enjoy our stay. Breakfast both days was amazing, and so was the company. We would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Shannon A

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Quincy, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wonderful husband surprised me by picking our honeymoon destination when we were married last October. To my delight he brought us to Lodge At Mark Twain Lake.And Lodge here is the key word...wooded cabin decor, warm and homey.
From the moment we met Carol, Mike and their family we knew we were "home"! My husband Paul had recently traveled to Alaska and the woodsy decor of the cottage was reminiscent of his travels. So warm, so cozy! Our room was the loft overlooking the main living area complete with fireplace and beautiful open concept living room and kitchen. Speaking of kitchen...the breakfast!!! Oh my!!! It was so good, so delicious, so beautiful we took pictures of it as we ate out on the deck.
Our room was spotless, uber clean and cozy and well, just delightful. Im a stickler for towels and I gotta say wow to the towels! White, fluffy and smelled so clean!
Carol and Mike made us feel so welcome, so at home we are planning to go back as soon as we can. We made a day trip to Columbia from there (an hourish drive) and are making plans as we speak!
We have to say this sweet little getaway was more than a destination, it was a total delightful "family" experience!
PS Next time we will be sitting around the firepit!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dianne B
Bridgeton, Missouri
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We didn't expect much more than a room given our plans to just play at the lake. We spent the weekend boating with our daughter and son in law so we rented the only two rooms (Hook & Line) in the building. The rooms were clean and comfortable and a welcome relief after spending all day in the sun. Breakfast was great and it made the trip worth while.

Room Tip: Only two adjacent rooms in a small building about 100 yards from the main house. One guest loft in t...
1 Thank hikerstwo
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I wanted to take our two children for an end-of-the-summer getaway and were thrilled to have have found this bed and breakfast! Carol and Mike were GREAT and the food was delicious! The loft room was roomy, spotless, and extrememly comfortable! We are already making plans to return. We rented a boat at the marina for the day and were very pleased to have The Lodge to return to after a long day. It'e very peaceful and we look forward to returning with other members of our family.

1 Thank Christa S
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This bed and breakfast is a great place to go to get away from the hustle and bustle. The B&B was very clean, the breakfast was VERY tasty, and the conversation with Mike and Carol was really nice. My husband and I went down to the lake to do some fishing and enjoyed a beautiful sunset over the lake. After we checked out we went to the Mark Twain Museum in nearby Florida and found it to be really interesting. We would both recommend a stay here, you will not regret it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mapleton, Illinois USA
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband, daughter & son-in-law, and I just spent the weekend here and it was a very nice experience. We rented a pontoon boat at nearby Indian Creek Marina. We didn't want to stay at a typical hotel/motel and this place is very nice & clean. But the best part was the delicious breakfast Carol cooked for us each morning...she is quite the cook...I would come here just for the food!!!! And Mike was very accommodating when we locked ourselves out of our room. This is a very nice place to stay and our hosts were very kind & welcoming. I would highly recommend it!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bev L
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband, son (9 months old), and I were traveling to the Mark Twain State Park area for a weekend wedding. We wanted something more than the hotel/motel/$39 per night sort of accommodations....I'm so glad we found the Lodge at Mark Twain Lake.

Carol and Mike were great hosts and they had a very clean, organized, and comfortable bed and breakfast. We stayed in the "Loft"...a nice big room, comfortable king bed with super soft linens, clean clean clean bathroom and shower, nice sitting area. Room was comfortably cool with central air. Check in process was a breeze...almost as though you were going to visit your "family in the country". Carol and I had an iced tea in the kitchen, while Mike and my husband sat on the porch and watched the sunset the first night we arrived. Breakfast was superb!!! Tasty food, fresh fruit, hot coffee, homemade fresh baked bread....really delicious!!

Our parents and sister stayed in the Hook Room and Line Room as well. Both were queen sized beds, full bathrooms. Again, very comfortable, very clean.

Overall, a wonderful stay! I highly recommend staying with Carol and Mike....extremely comfortable. A nice stay in the quiet country.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Lodge at Mark Twain Lake? Share your experiences!