“Great weekend!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stoutsville
The Lodge at Mark Twain Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Stoutsville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband, daughter & son-in-law, and I just spent the weekend here and it was a very nice experience. We rented a pontoon boat at nearby Indian Creek Marina. We didn't want to stay at a typical hotel/motel and this place is very nice & clean. But the best part was the delicious breakfast Carol cooked for us each morning...she is quite the cook...I would come here just for the food!!!! And Mike was very accommodating when we locked ourselves out of our room. This is a very nice place to stay and our hosts were very kind & welcoming. I would highly recommend it!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bev L

Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband, son (9 months old), and I were traveling to the Mark Twain State Park area for a weekend wedding. We wanted something more than the hotel/motel/$39 per night sort of accommodations....I'm so glad we found the Lodge at Mark Twain Lake.

Carol and Mike were great hosts and they had a very clean, organized, and comfortable bed and breakfast. We stayed in the "Loft"...a nice big room, comfortable king bed with super soft linens, clean clean clean bathroom and shower, nice sitting area. Room was comfortably cool with central air. Check in process was a breeze...almost as though you were going to visit your "family in the country". Carol and I had an iced tea in the kitchen, while Mike and my husband sat on the porch and watched the sunset the first night we arrived. Breakfast was superb!!! Tasty food, fresh fruit, hot coffee, homemade fresh baked bread....really delicious!!

Our parents and sister stayed in the Hook Room and Line Room as well. Both were queen sized beds, full bathrooms. Again, very comfortable, very clean.

Overall, a wonderful stay! I highly recommend staying with Carol and Mike....extremely comfortable. A nice stay in the quiet country.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We found this quiet place for a quick get away from the daily grind. We had never been in the Mark Twain Lake area. We were the first guests of the season . Carol greeted us and made us welcome. Room was so quiet we heard the crickets all night. Coyotes sung us to sleep.
We had a picnic supper near Florida, MO a couple of miles from the lodge.
The room was tastefully decorated and clean.

Breakfast was delicious and plentiful.

A great place to relax.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoutsville
Americas Best Value Inn- Monroe City
#1 of 1 in Shelbina
No photo provided
Harbor Inn
#1 of 4 in Monroe City

Been to The Lodge at Mark Twain Lake? Share your experiences!