“Family gathering”
Review of Cobblestone Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Steelville
Cobblestone Lodge
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our grandkids love Cobblestone & start talking about the upcoming summer visit in October. I think they would fore go their Christmas presents in order to go to Cobblestone. We like the safety & layout as the activities are on the same side of the road with the cabins on the other side, which was great when we started out with children ages 2 to 12. We love the family atmosphere & the many activities available. Of course, the float trips are the highlight of the day. We've spent 11 summers at Cobblestone & is something the entire family looks forward to each year!

Room Tip: I always bring extra bath towels are the girls like to use 2 when they shower.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynette S

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I and my wife and my 2 boys have been going to Cobblestone Lodge every summer for a 1 week vacation with the exception of 2 summers since 1977. My 2 boys literally grew up there and now they take their wives and we all go down every year. There are a ton of activities to do all day long or you can go down by the pool or float on the river with a beer if that is your bag. Over the many years that we have been going, we have made many life long friends that we see there every year. I said it is a vacation, and here is what I meant. We made the mistake of taking our 2 boys to Daytona Beach 1 summer a long time ago. Two kids trapped in a car for hours and hours drives you nuts, and when you get there, you spend 95% of your time trying to keep them entertained. It was no vacation at all!! Down at Cobblestone, the kids met other kids in 10 minutes after you get there and voila, they are taken care of for the whole week. When you arrive on Sunday afternoon, you pretty well know everyone by Monday night, and everyone kind of keeps an eye on the kids. In all of the years that we have been going, I can't ever remember a kid that didn't have fun. In all of those same years, for every one family that left early because they didn't like it, there were 100's that wished they had sighned up for a week instead of just a weekend. For my wife, it really was a vacation. No meals to fix and no dishes to wash. The food is really good country cooking, and this last year, I believe it was the best we have ever had. Do yourself a favor and come on down and join us. You won't regret your decision. E and S Harrisburg, Illinois

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank EGandSG
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Great time with entire family! My 3 and 5 yr olds said they liked it better than the beach!
Planned activities keep everyone busy - adults & kids.
Rooms are so so, basically a notch better than camping. No need for TVs and electronics, busy having fun!
Def must go back. Once people go once they seem to go again and make it a tradition.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank vince f
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just got back from our family vacation with 42 family members. The staff was great, very helpful and always there to make your vacation extra special. The rooms were a little rustic, but clean. The float trips were good, and for all our children in our group (23) never once did I hear the words "i'm bored". Having no electronics or T.V., the kids stayed busy playing and enjoying all the fun the resort has to offer. This place is truly a great place to bring your families and get back to the basics spending time together and playing games. The only downside that I have to offer is the food is not very good, however that being said, we all had taken snacks, and really never ate them, they had plenty of food to offer, it was just rather bland and lacked flavor. The dine staff made up for what the food didn't t fulfill, they were awesome and always willing to go above and beyond. My grandson had gotten sick and didn't come to eat for two meals, when he finally appeared, they had a bowl of chicken noodle soup waiting for him. They made a trip to town and picked up a can of soup for him. You rarely find that kind of service today... Kudo's to Cobblestone for hiring those women who care. I would highly recommend this resort to families and gatherings.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank bamah
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family has been going to Cobblestone for the last 10 years, and never disappointed. The Layton's and staff are as friendly as can be and are always accommodating.

We really love the updates you have been doing over the last couple years.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Shaun M
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband's family has been coming to Cobblestone Lodge for over 30 years, and my husband and I have been the last 5 years and will be back again next summer, we've made such great friends, it's like a family reunion is time we go back! It's such a relaxing week of doing as much as you want or as little as you want. Each day includes 3 all-you-can eat family style meals, lots of activities for all ages from children to grandparents, canoe, raft and float trips, lots of time for making memories and friendships, and lots of pool time! To me, it's a week of not driving anywhere, not cooking any meals, not messing with TV's, telephone calls, traffic, not figuring out where you are going to eat at or waiting in a resturant to be seated. It's a week of pure relaxation!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank smileygirll
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Cobblestone is a great place for a family reunion--no preparation, and no cooking! Good old fashioned entertainment. No TVs, just plain fun! My family has been going for 10 years. Every year they upgrade something. Kids just love it, and so do I. For a "back to the good old days" time, I reccommend Cobblestone!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Candy L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Steelville
Days Inn & Suites Cuba
Best Western Coachlight
Super 8 Cuba
Super 8 Cuba
#1 of 4 in Cuba

Been to Cobblestone Lodge? Share your experiences!