“Beautiful for campers”
Review of Bass River Resort

Bass River Resort
“Beautiful for campers”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My whole family stayed over a weekend in june and it was beautiful! They offered a float trip ($20 pp) and the 6 mile river ride was gorgeous! The service was excellent - very helpful. One night there was loud music at one if the sites but thats nothing the resort could help. If course, this is a campground, so prepare to camp (public showers & bathrooms), unless you have a camper or the likes or stay in one of their beautiful lodges... All in all, it was beautiful and i would definitely stay again! Recommended!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Excellent place and superb customer service”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I visit Bass River quite a bit everytime it is always a joy. The owner and staff is simply amazing most nicest people you want to meet. This place has it all great float trips, hiking, biking, and lodging......a definite must visit !!

Visited May 2012
Collinsville, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“great place but too high $”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I love this place, we go every year... The only complaint is their way too much. At least returners should get some kind of discount. The workers are very friendly and several things to do just within the camp site... Lower the prices please

Visited May 2012
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“If you are going to go camping, this is the place.”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Great sites near one of the best rivers to float on. The river nearby is very clean and pretty clear. I like that there are showers and bathrooms on site so you get the camping experience without having to lose those luxuries, which are important. I would always recommend this when going camping.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank katiekatt7
Saint Louis, Missouri
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Average”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Me and a group of girlfriends have stayed here twice. We usually get a log cabin that sleeps 8 and a float trip with a couple rafts. The price is pretty high, but I guess it's that way for most cabin rentals. Overall the cabin is clean, but very basic. Both times the refrigerator didn't really work for the first day. I think they wait to turn them on for the weekend and then we put way too much stuff in them. We called the front desk about it and they just told us we had too much stuff. Kind of sucks when you are storing 2 days worth of food and drinks for 8 people and you just paid $800 to rent the cabin. Also, there is no kitchenware supplied what so ever. This is kind of a hassle when you start thinking about all of the things you need to bring. I feel like the price of the cabin should be less considering nothing is supplied. The cabins are close together so you better hope you have good neighbors.
The front desk/general store is usually very busy and the people behind the desk can be very rude depending on which teenager it is. The merchandise is of course overpriced.
I can't say much about the float, but a couple of my friends complain about how dirty the water is.
Anyway, I think next time we will try a different location and see if we can get a little more for our money. I'm not completely opposed to coming back some day.

Visited August 2011