“business trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Cincinnati, Ohio
“business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I found this property thru Trip Adviser, as I had never been to the Springfield area before. The reviews were key to me. As such, I was not disappointed. The check in was smooth and the front desk lady super friendly and accommodating (every pun intended). I asked to switch rooms due to a slight odor - no problem - she met me upstairs to help me move to new room. I would highly recommend this property for business or leisure travelers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

From the motorcycles parking in the only handicapped accessible entrance, to the manual doors that require hand to door and luggage for too small an opening the list goes on for the multiple failures of this chain. Here's some more. Smell was awful, and this was on the first floor near the check in desk. Whether to cover up the smell of feline urine or vomit the management had covered the odor with 25cent a gallon noxious perfume of some kind. The poor desk clerk said she was unaware. I suggested she come out from behind the desk and look around and smell. Motorcycles at the front entrance and the god awful odor could not be missed. The place was under "renovation" or the Choice scam to avoid viable rehab. The AC was a failure, the room was humid from the near dead AC, the plug in for the fridge, microwave and god knows what else deserves a citation from the Springfield fire Marshall. Hair dryer was worn out with burn marks at the electrical outlet. This room should never have been rented. It stunk, the staff was as feckless as they could be with nothing but useless I'm sorry when I complained. Glad I survived and as yet I have not noticed any bed bug bites.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Silvergoat
Florence, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed here with my Sister-In-Law and eleven year old niece last week on a girl's overnighter. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and the beds were so comfortable I didn't want to get out of mine the next day:) We stayed on the first floor midway between the breakfast area and the pool and were pleasantly surprised at how quiet the room was, in spite of the high traffic location. The pool was a special request by my niece and I was pleased to find it included a hot tub. My sister in law and I were able to have some quiet conversation soaking in the tub while easily keeping on an eye on my niece's antics. The breakfast buffet was also a group-pleaser, as all of us, including Ms. Picky, found something to delicious. Thanks for the nice overnight stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank R G
Michael_Coffman, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear R G,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! On behalf of my team, it was a complete pleasure to host your "girl's overnighter!" The experience that you related is the exact type of guest experience for which we hope and strive so diligently to provide. It is through feedback like yours that assists us in the unveiling of the hospitality secret that is Comfort Inn & Suites in Springfield, MO. It validates us in our belief that we are the best choice here at I-44's exit 80. Thanks again from the bottom of our hearts.

We hope to see you next time you are needing a "girl's overnighter." We would love to accommodate again! Have a fantastic summer.

Kind Regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here for one night in July 2013 with a family member as we traveled across the country on a moving trip.
Check-in was uneventful and the rate I was billed was true to the rate in my reservation. At the time, the hotel seemed a little tired but I believe it has been or is in the process of renovation since then. The rooms were clean and we enjoyed a good night sleep. The location was excellent for us, right off the freeway, yet we did not hear any excessive noise from the roadways, the room was quiet. Breakfast was adequate and the eating area was clean. We were greeted warmly at check-in by Tony and his assistant. For supper, we were able to walk to a Ruby Tuesdays, conveniently located a very short distance to the hotel. There was ample parking space in the rear of the hotel and we felt safe in the environs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael_Coffman, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Hello MerryGoWorld,

It is so great that you remembered us almost a year after your stay! I hope that the move was successful and you all are safe and in good health. I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your in-depth review. You touched on almost everything; the cleanliness, convenience, accuracy, and great staff service. I am so glad that we left a lasting impression on you!

I hope that if you are ever back our way that you will stop in and give us another opportunity to provide you with another great experience!

Take care,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

This was being renovated when we stayed and is closer to the highway than I prefer, but we wanted to give it a try. Staff was 5-Stars, but premises were three. Maybe will try it again after their construction work is done.
(The manager called shortly after we checked in to confirm all was well, a very nice touch. And followed up w/ a thank you note too, for just one night. Very nice.)

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank ChDP
Dear ChDP,

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to review us on TripAdvisor. I sincerely appreciate your remarks regarding a "5-Star" staff. We pride ourselves on making you feel right at home when you are staying with us!

I also appreciate your feedback regarding our premises. We are making every effort during this time of transition and enhancement to make the impact of our renovations as minimal as possible on our valued friends and guests. I know that during this time the aesthetics of some of our public spaces is lacking but we are extremely excited about the beautiful transformation that is about to occur. I think that we are more excited to see what our guests are going to think and say than for us to see the final product! I can hear it now, "Wow, are you sure this is a Comfort Inn & Suites?"

I sure hope you will stop in and see us next time you are in Springfield. I'm not the betting type, but I am confident that we will get that "5-Star" on our premises from you! Thanks again for your review. It only helps us become better.

Kindest regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stay at this motel often i have to say i am very pleased with the increadible service u receive and u can always count on a smiling face when walking in the door! I will trutly miss Tony and hes why i started staying here...Kind, friendly, and knows his job and hes training Lechunda to continue to take care of the guests....And i have to say she is doing a Great Job.....

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tina B
Michael_Coffman, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Tina B,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I really appreciate your kind words. It pleases me to hear that you have had such great experiences over the past few years. We hope to continue to provide you with that great service and the fresh and comfortable accommodations that you have come to know and love.

Kindest regards,
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

"We stay at Comfort Suites frequently but this Inn is in need of remodeling. The rooms are very tired but the rate is the same as new Comfort Suites. There was also a charge posted on our bill for "Safe Warranty" of $1.00. The charge is removed if you ask about it but I am sure some people fail to notice it.To me this is just a fee grab. Other Comfort Inns at least had posted a sign about the fee. Check your bill. It is less about the amount and more about the principal of the charge.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Michael_Coffman, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear LoftyVictoria,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback as am always looking for ways to improve our guests' overall experience. On behalf of my team I want to apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Our committment to satisfaction guarantee is something in which we pride ourselves and, therefore, do not take lightly.

I notice in your comments that you mention our facility to be a Comfort Suites; an upper scale property in the Choice Hotels International portfolio consisiting of 100% suites. I want to apologize for any confusion as this may be where we fell short in your expectations. We, on the contrary, are a Comfort Inn. The majority of our well-appointed guest rooms are standard 2 queen or 1 king bed rooms. We do, however, offer about 20 executive king suites on our third floor that cater to the business traveler. This is why we have the "& Suites" title. I humbly draw the comparison in case the expectation was for that of the upper-scale Comfort Suites.

In our local market here on the north side of Springfield, we strive diligently to price our accommodations competitively. We typically position our rates at least $5 to $15 less than our upper/mid-scale competitors. We position ourselves there because we commenced a full scale renovation to our facility in February of this year. Our third floor was under renovations while you were staying with us. I make the assumption that you were not aware as indicated by the title of your review. The ongoing renovation is also the reason that you gathered in our conference center to take advantage of our complimentary hot breakfast. We have temporarily relocated the serving area as we finalize the last planning details on our brand new and expanded breakfast area. We are very excited and looking forward to these beautiful enhancements!

I also want to apologize for the confusion regarding our optional safe warranty fee. As an added security, we offer safes in all of our guest rooms. We provide a $5000 liability warranty in the unexpected event that something were to be stolen from a guest's safe by forced entry. We have a sign posted at the front desk above the surveillance monitor regarding the nominal fee as well as the fee notated on the registration that is signed during the check-in process. The registration states that the fee may be refused and removed at check-in or check-out. Additionally, the fee is also notated on the homepage of our website: www.comfortinn.com/hotel/mo103. Again, I want to apologize that this has been perceived as a fee grab. I will be looking into making additional efforts to make our warranty fee more visible.

Thank you again for your loyalty to Choice Hotels. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a superior experience. Our renovations are scheduled for completion in September. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or comments. I am always eager to find ways in which we can improve.

Kind Regards,