“Crystal Suite in Springfield, MO (Please read entirely)” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arbor Suites Medical Mile

Arbor Suites Medical Mile
Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Illinois
“Crystal Suite in Springfield, MO (Please read entirely)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2007

I never write reviews but this stay deserves one. It was one of the worst places I have ever stayed at (and this is coming from a veteran who have slept in hotels in foreign countries.) Where do I start? We booked a king suite w/ jetted tub through Expedia and when we got into our room there was no jetted tub. I mentioned this to management and they said it was a misprint and if we wanted the suite with the jetted tub we would have to pay an extra $40 a night. I argued the fact that my reservation was for a suite and they told me that all of their rooms were suites. After almost an hour of complaining they finally decided to give me a night free (I should have taken the money and gone somewhere else.)
So...after this I get back to the room and couldn't get over the mildew smell in the room. After looking around I noticed behind the baseboards that the room had recently had water damage and the walls were moist and the floor was damp in areas. I could literally put on a pair of socks, walk across the room, take them off and they would be black and covered in filth.
Now to the beds...our bed was leaning to one side and the comforter had cigarette burns in it (non-smoking room I might add.) The sheets also had holes in it.
The bathrooms were not any better. They only had 2 small towels for you after a shower. Now do the math; 2 people, 1 male and 1 female = 3 towels (one for the male, one for the female, and one for her hair.) When I went to the front desk to ask for more towels they told me they didn't have any clean and I would have to get some from housekeeping in the morning. So, in the morning I went to housekeeping and asked and they still didn't have any clean. I finally got some from the front desk that night, more than 24 hours after originally asking. Also, when asked if I could get a pool towel since they were bigger I was told that they were actually smaller. I also might add that over my 4-night stay I probably killed 6 or 7 bugs in the bathroom.
Overall, this place was terrible. Please, take this to heart when reserving a place in Springfield, MO. I payed more expecting better and got worst. We usually stay at the Super 8 in Nixa, MO and have never had problems with them. I would highly recommend that place instead or if you don't want to stay that far away from Springfield to stay somewhere other than Crystal Suites.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank justn96

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2007

What a way to start off a vacation! Our first night on the road we had made reservations online at this hotel. Reviews looked good but they didn't tell the truth. The carpets were filthy, turned our socks black. Sheets had not been changed, crumbs. Shower was dirty, had rust stains, and the original shower curtain rod was coming loose out of the wall, they put up another one but left the original hanging loose. Fridge in the room was unplugged, had water standing in the freezer and it smelled musty. Pool was ok, but hot tub next to it didn't work and the water was nasty. We should have packed up and left, but didn't think it could get any worse. Then we went to breakfast the next morning. They were out of OJ, Milk and gravey, for the bisquits and gravey. We had to go to McDonalds. When we brought our problems to management, they said they couldn't do anything for us because we booked through Hotels.com and we would have to call them, which I did. The only thing they said they could do was a $20 voucher to use the next time we booked through them. I doubt that will happen, and I will never recommend anyone staying at the Crystal Inn in Springfield MO.

• Liked — The lady at the front desk was fairly nice.
  • Disliked — Filthy room, carpets dirty, shower stained, sheets not changed, ran out of breakfast items. Fridge was unplugged and moldy.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2004

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights, Aug. 9-10, 2004. Booked hotel online because it was closest to Cox South hospital. The room itself was very spacious, nice kitchen area. The manager told us the carpet was being shampooed when we arrived earlier than check-in time so we had to wait. We should have gone to another hotel immediately. Maybe it was because Springfield has had a lot of rain during the previous 2 months but the carpet smelled very moldy! We needed to be in Springfield for a 3rd night but the manager told us we'd have to move to another room if we stayed. Since we were going to have to pack anyway we moved to the Residence Inn and had a WONDERFUL experience there. I would NOT go back to this hotel again.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member