“nice owner/great room”

Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Durand, Michigan
“nice owner/great room”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

could not beat the price - used a coupon from the Welcome Center and paid less than $60 for a mini suite. Free laundry - good breakfast. nice and clean. sure couldn't beat it, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Buffalo, Missouri
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

My family and I are staying here at Arbor Suites while my mother is in Cox hospital. The staff has been very accommodating to my family and I. They are wonderful! The room is very spacious. Plenty of room for the five of us in one room. The housekeeping staff has taken very good care of us. Leaving plenty of towels everyday. When we checked in the room was clean. The evening desk clerk, Shannon, was very friendly when we checked in. The manager, Tiffany, has been friendly and helpful to us each morning with extending our stay. They even ask how she is doing when they see us! I recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Missouri
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at this location with my daughter.
The room is large, with two queen-sized beds, sofa bed, desk and office chair, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The TV, though large, was NOT a flat-screen.
The bathroom was roomy and well-equipped. However, the towels were NOT bath towels and rather skimpy. A large person would not have been able to wrap a towel around them and prance about the room.
We weren't bothered by outside noises. But, be sure you aren't placed next to families with children. You WILL hear them! As we did!
The remote control didn't work. I reported it, but nothing was done.
They don't have extra blankets and pillows provided in the room, so you will have to ask for them.
The desk clerks were nice. The rooms were clean!
We will stay at this location again. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: You should probably stay on the side furthest from the highway. Make sure you don't have familie...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Trempealeau, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because it was cheap and close to family. We were disappointed. The bath tub faucet and kitchenette faucet both leaked terribly. The towel rack by the sink wouldn't stay on the wall. There were no dishes, silverware, plates, etc in the kitchenette. The beds were very small (double size). I was just thankful that we aren't big people. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank momshir
Tiffiany C, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear momshir,

To begin I want to Thank You for taking the time to leave a review about your stay at Arbor Suites Medical Mile.
I am truly disappointed to find that your stay with us was a negative experience. Whilst an apology will not change this I want to extend my very sincerest apologies. My staff and I strive for guest satisfaction. When I find that this has not happened I do everything possible to ensure it does to happen again. I have made note of all the issues mentioned and worked with my staff to correct them.
I would like to speak with you more about your stay. Please contact me at the hotel. Again thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Kind regards,
Tiffiany
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Arrived Thanksgiving day (11-28-13) and even though I booked through the hotel website, they had our reservation wrong upon arrival. I had requested a double double deluxe with kitchenette and that is not what they had in the computer. SOOOO glad I had my confirmation with me.

Stayed in room 203 on the second floor. Cigarette butts all over the steps up to the second floor along with horrible concrete pop outs (the concrete patch work that had been done around our room had all popped out). The steps up to the second floor were all rusty and splitting apart. The microwave in our room had no knob so you could not tell whether you were defrosting or cooking your food. NO UTENSILS!!! You had to ask for them at the front desk. Well that would have been nice to know upon check-in. A mini frig (but the description on the hotel website for the double double deluxe room said "FULL" frig). We brought a whole bunch of food and could hardly squeeze it into the mini frig. PLEAE CORRECT DESCRIPTION ON WEBSITE!!! There was a short in the on-off switch of the lamp located between the two beds and in order to see in the bathroom, you had to use the switch that ran the fan all the time.

I tried to check my business e-mails at the office and could not even read them upon printing, as the toner was horrible. I asked the staff person on duty that night if they had more toner and of course they did not. The printer window said "USED TONER IN USE". What does that mean??? I mentioned the cigarette butts to the manager on Friday, November 30th and was told that due to the holiday they had no one to take care of this issue and I was assured that it would be taken care of that day. It take a whole 24 hours more (Saturday) before we could walk up to our room without having butts on the steps.

If you don't mind all these things, then definitely stay here. We will never return.

Disgusted

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Tiffiany C, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
lovethebahamas2013: Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Arbor Suites Medical Mile. I am very sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations! We strive to make each guests stay enjoyable. I have discussed the problems you experienced with my staff to ensure this does not happen again. I would like to talk with you personally about this. Please contact me at the hotel directly. I hope that next time you are in town you will give us another chance to show you how your stay is supposed to be.
EL RENO
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay. The room was clean and spacious. The customer service at the front desk was very friendly and check-in went smoothly. Absolutely no complaints and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tiffiany C, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Douglas,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know we did a good job! I will be sure to let my staff know!! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Safe travels!
Corpus Christi, TX
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We have stayed at Arbor Suites several times, usually for 10-12 nights each visit. We were born & went to school in Springfield, but moved away 22 years ago. Our parents are 90 and 91 and in declining health and many friends in Springfield to visit. It so great to have such a wonderful and friendly hotel to stay. The manager, desk clerks, and housekeepers are wonderful. We really like the convenient location. The facility is very clean and we always look forward to staying at Arbor Suites Medical Mile. Thanks to everyone who works there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tiffiany C, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Sparkletravis,

Thank you for the wonderful things you had to say! It is a pleasure to have you and your husband stay with us. I will be sure to pass on you kind words to my staff! We look forward to seeing you again!