“Comfortable, quiet and clean”

Arbor Suites Medical Mile
Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here while Christmas shopping in Springfield, Missouri. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable and exceeded our expectations. The beds and pillows were very nice, allowing us to sleep very well.

The restroom was clean and convenient.

The Wi-Fi worked great!

Parking was right outside the door. Even though the highway was nearby, we weren't bothered with the noise.

I definitely recommend this hotel. I will stay here the next time I need to stay overnight in Springfield.

Room Tip: You might ask to be away from the highway, although the noise wasn't a factor. We were on the lo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Tiffiany C, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dyana221,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay here at Arbor Suites Medical Mile. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay! It makes us overjoyed to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We work very hard to insure all of the guests needs are met. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed at this motel in Springfield, MO while moving from Arkansas to Michigan last May. Got a spectacular rate last-minute using priceline's bidding process ($29 plus tax, came out to about $40). For that price this place cannot be beat. They have a lot of clients that are visiting the adjacent Cox hospital and for that reason they have a good attention to detail on cleanliness and customer service.

I was pleasantly greeted when I arrived and assigned a lower floor room which was spacious and clean. I was able to park my car, which was packed with possessions as I was moving, outside my window which made me very comfortable as the car was loaded with stuff.

I had a pleasant night's sleep and a good breakfast. Their breakfast isn't the best I've had but plenty sufficient for a bite before hitting the road. The rooms have refrigerators and microwaves which was great as I'd brought some snacks for the road which I was able to keep cool. The TV is an older style CRT monitor but I was basically there to get a good night's sleep so it did not matter too much to me.

Overall, good choice for the one night stop.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Tiffiany C, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking a moment to give us feedback about your stay! It is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was comfortable. My team and I strive to make sure that each guest’s stay is comfortable and that we meet their needs. We work very hard to make sure that customer service and cleanliness are our top priority. It’s always nice to hear when we are doing something right. Thank you again for taking the time. We hope that the next time you are in our area you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at the Arbor Suites-Medical Mile which is located just across the road from the Cox Medical Center where my sister was a patient in the ICU unit. I had called to make a reservation not knowing what type of hotel this was. When I drove into the parking lot I questioned myself for thinking of staying there. That was the last time I had that thought though because my stay there was terrific. Like a book one needs to make judgment from the pages and not the cover, just like a visitor to the Arbor Suites needs to do. The outside of it looked like a motel/hotel from the the 60's where the doors into the rooms were entered from the outside of the building. The lady that checked me in was very cordial and understanding of my situation. Once I arrived at my room and opened the door to see what the room really looked like inside took my breath away. The rooms had been totally redecorated and furnished to the highest quality. The furniture to include a large king bed looked pretty new. I was anticipating the room to have a musty smell, but it was far from that. The room was extremely clean and had that smell to it. The bed was very comfortable. Checkout the next morning went with ease. The breakfast they provided looked great, but I was not able to eat there because I had to get back to the hospital. Thank you Arbor Suites for my great stay there. The special price they charged for people visiting family at Cox was very appreciative.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Tiffiany C, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Valued Guest,
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about you recent stay with us here at Arbor Suites Medical Mile! I am extremely pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. It is our main goal that all of our guests have a pleasant and comfortable stay. We are dedicated to making sure each guest is happy. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my staff. Thank you again!

We hope to see you again soon under better circumstances.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Any one staying in the Springfield, MO area needs to try out Arbor Suites. its by the Hospital, one block from James Epp Hwy, just blocks from 65, easy to 244, and the rooms are always clean with lots of room, a suite for the same price as a regular room not as nice. I come here every eight weeks on work and this trip I tried a different hotel that had a good rating for the same money and the rooms were smaller, breakfeast not as good and people not as nice. the staff at Arbor Inn are always very nice and helpful if needed. I stayed 2 nights at the new Hotel but the third night I had to go back to Arbor.

Room Tip: Try it and you will go back. Rooms on the north side are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
StephanieSchebaum, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for taking time to post a review. We strive to be the best we can be and hearing from guest like you lets us know that we are doing good.
We are in a great location with easy access to just about everything which makes it nice.
Location, being budget friendly, customer service and cleanliness are four very important things!
And we offer that. I want to thank you for continuing to stay with us and sharing your experience!
We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very reasonably priced. Comfortable and clean. Special rates for people visiting friends or family in hospitals. Beds were good, plenty of pillows. Had handicapped shower available when we needed it. Lots of channels available on TV. Free breakfast. Great deal.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
StephanieSchebaum, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and you were satisfied with what we have to offer.
Customer service is very important to us! I have a great staff here waiting to cater to your needs. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

What's wrong with this hotel? Very little. But the big disappointment is that there is no restaurant on site, and the only food service nearby is the overpriced cafeteria at Cox South Hospital, which has a limited selection on its menu each day. Secondly, there is only one wheel chair accessible table in the breakfast room. The laundry is on the second floor, and there is no elevator. In the handicapped rooms the kitchen has only a small refrigerator, a two burner electric hot plate which is too high to be used by a wheel chair bound person, and a microwave in an upper cabinet too high to be used by a wheel chair handicapped person.

Otherwise, beyond these minor gripes, common to the handicapped facilities in most hotels; this is an excellent respite for a long term stay. We came in November and plan to stay through April while we are having our home remodeled. On arrival we were greeted by a staff of friendly and helpful people that gives excellent service. So far the best crew we have experienced at an Elliot Lodging property.

Their long term rates are comfortable, and their knowledge of the nearby business community is excellent.

We have recommended the Arbor Suites on the Medical Mile to local people as a place to send family members that come to Springfield while other family members are at Cox South, and would recommend it to anyone that wanted to seek lodging in a facility with a relaxed atmosphere with clean, well maintained rooms and down home hospitality.

We have become acquainted with people that are out-patients at Cox South, who, in spite of the fact that Cox South operates their own hotel; choose to stay here because of the friendlier atmosphere , larger rooms and the ability to have their companion animals with them.

Shuttle service to the hospital and nearby businesses is provided without charge.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We encourage everyone to go on and let us know how their stay was, either good or bad. It lets us know how we are doing. I have an exceptional staff here and we take pride in what we do.
As far as not having a restaurant on site there are alot of options in the area other than the cafeteria at the hospital.
Again thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention and I will check into a few things you mentioned.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was very pleased with my experience staying at this hotel .... from my call to reserve a room to the way I was greeted when I entered ... the quality and cleanliness of the room and overall service for the time I stayed with them...I would recommend it for a comfortable stay ...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
StephanieSchebaum, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review! Customer Service is very important to all of us here at the hotel. Our goal is to go above and beyond to make sure every guest comes back. Thanks for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you soon.