“Great Stay, very enjoyable ”

Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, MO
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We were passing through Springfield, and we stayed here for one night. We arrived late to the facility, after happy hour. The room was very visually pleasing, clean, no dust anywhere. The bathroom was very clean too. The breakfast was delicious with many hot and cold options.
The only downfalls were, the hot water took forever to heat up, & the elevators were super slow. Otherwise it was a very enjoyable stay! I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, MO

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My family and relatives stayed in the hotel as part of a surprise birthday party for my sister-in-law. The hotel was nice and clean. It was also ideally located right off of I-44 on Glenstone (which is one Springfield's busy roads) and ample parking. It also had a lot of tables and chairs in the main lobby area that was ideal for our group to congregate. Most of the seating was for the happy hour reception (3 drink minimum) they hold nightly as well as the free hot breakfast in the mornings. I always like the hotels that offer this amenity. I thought the rooms were nice, clean and comfortable and the front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. So, overall, I had no real complaints with this hotel. If I need a place to stay while in Springfield in the future, I would definitely put this one on my list of options.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jon C
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Now the poor rating comes from comparing this location to other Drury properties I have stayed at. This excludes the breakfast and evening snack/beverages available at all Drury properties. This property was clean. Did not receive any housekeeping and was out of the room from 10 am to 6 pm. Called the front desk and was told that we could come to the desk and get needed items. To save a number of trips for things as well as trash on a very slow elevator my choice was to just go green. The second night the kickback bartender was extremely slow. Granted there were several people yet a 10-15 minute wait in line is unacceptable. Again, comparing to other Drury properties on this one. Overall it was a tolerable stay. Compared to other Drury properties this one is not up to usual expectations for this stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank mmichael171
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, MO, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have had while you stayed with us. It is our goal to always exceed our guests' expectations. It is very helpful for us to hear from our guests because it helps us to identify any concerns with our team to make the appropriate changes for upcoming stays. If you have any further questions about Drury, please let us know how we can help. Again, thanks for your feedback and I do hope we'll have a chance to see you as our guest again soon!

Jackie M.,General Manager

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was a clean pet friendly hotel. The staff was great & rooms were very clean. The hot tub didn't look the cleanest but the pool was fine. Love that Drury offers the 5-7 snack time & free hot breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Katherine C
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stay here twice a year when traveling between north and south. My update is that the new renovations are very nice with a new lobby, dining area, and refurbished guest rooms. The rooms have new furniture and new decor. We very much appreciate Drury's pet policy so that we can stay in a nice mid grade hotel and still travel with pets. Drury has recently added a $10 fee for cleaning for a room with a pet. I suspect that is due to past irresponsible pet owners. We will continue to use this hotel when in Springfield. Friendly employees and comfortable and clean property.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JLR410
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here twice on back to back trips with our two fur-kids! Love that there is no extra charge for dogs! Had a jacuzzi both times, shocked at how fast the tubs fill and how hot the water was, must have had our own heater! The free drinks and food, how did you read my mind?

Would prefer a little variety for breakfast and evening food, but can't complain. Great location near restaurants and highway, very friendly staff. Even though we declined housekeeping because we had our dogs in the room, they still made sure to inquire if we needed anything. They even posed for pictures with our dogs! Will always stay here in Springfield!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MaryTony
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have two children that attend MO State University in Springfield, MO so I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past few years. They have recently remodeled and this hotel is even better looking in the lobby and in the rooms! The rooms are comfortable and priced well. If there are three or four of us staying at the hotel we get the suite with a king bed in one room and a fold out couch in the other. The fold out couch is actually okay. Each room is decent sized and both have a TV set. The hot breakfast is awesome! Sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits with gravy, and a waffle maker are available besides the usual breakfast foods (bagels, doughnuts, toast, cereal, etc.). Free fountain soda and popcorn are available pretty much all day I believe until 10:00 p.m. They used to have a dinner buffet which was mostly finger foods but I am not sure they are still doing that. I use this hotel as the standard that I judge other hotels by. The other good hotel in Springfield to stay at is the GreenStay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family