“Nice”

Arbor Suites At The Mall
Ranked #35 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I used Arbor as an extended stay hotel on and off for about 7 monitoring or so.... Staff very nice and helpful... My company had a very good price... Full kitchens, stove, refrigerator, stove and microwave... A little worn but what hotel isn't.... I would suggest this hotel to anyone who is going to Springfield, Missouri...

• Stayed: June 2014
ThankYouFromArbor, Manager at Arbor Suites At The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Chris R,
I appreciate your business and the kind review. We really enjoyed having you and your company stay with us. Good luck to you and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Good Points
1)Friendly and Cooperative Staff
2)Cost Effective
3)Good Location

Areas for Improvement
1) 20 year old refrigerator was very noisy once the compressor kicked on.
2) Sliding glass windows were poorly insulated, which caused a cold draft to enter the room.
3) Heater was noisy as it kicked on and off in the room.
4) Rooms were not very soundproof as it was easy to hear other guests having conversations outside throughout the night.
5) TV was dated and remote was not equipped with a video mode feature.
6) Microwave Display was broken. In addition, all of the kitchen appliances were dated.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ThankYouFromArbor, Manager at Arbor Suites At The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Gabe S,
thank you for taking the time to review the Arbor Suites at the Mall and letting me know where we need improvements. since your stay with us, we have upgraded all of our televisions and we are now replacing the older refridgerators. We hope that you can make it back to springfield to see how much we have done!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I chose this location to save a few dollars while I was in the area for three days. The suite is a good size, with a full kitchen. The room was very clean. But there was something about this location that I just can't give more than an "average" rating. It just felt worn down and tired. However, cleanliness in a hotel room is my first priority, and this was clean. Overall, I don't think you will go wrong staying here as long as the price is right.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed in the penthouse suite and for the money it was worth it. Huge space for our three kids. 2 bathrooms which was really nice and a full kitchen. Overall the experience was good the only negative thing that my husband and I had about the hotel was the breakfast. Even though it was a "hot" breakfast the biscuits were right out of the fridge cold so you had to warm them up before you put your gravy on. Not a huge deal though!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather S
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Having returned to Springfield after being away for 23 years, my stay at Arbor Suites was a great one! From the cleaniness of the room to the friendliness of the front desk, I can't say enough good things about this place. Extremely quiet, safe and close to everything. I will be staying here again on my next trip through in October.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
ThankYouFromArbor, Manager at Arbor Suites At The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

jrwetz,

Thank You so much for the wonderful review on trip advisor.. From our housekeeping department to maintenance and front desk staff we strive to make everyone feel as though they are returning home to us. We look forward to your return in October and again Thank You.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a clean and beautiful place to stay. I took the advice of the chamber of commerce,read the reviews, and checked the website and am so glad I did. My family was well housed and cared for. I certainly will use this hotel again when the opportunity arises. I truly believe if you are looking for a clean, beautiful place when you can't be at home this is home.

Room Tip: Penthouse Suite
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

texasteacher090,

Thank You for the time you took to review our hotel. It is from guests like you that we know where we are succeeding and where we need to improve. I am happy that you had such a nice stay and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at the Arbor suites at the Mall so my daughter could make a college visit to Missouri State University. Was disappointed when I saw the facility, it is outdated. Rooms dark, windows dirty. Bathroom fans extremely loud. Dryer missing from downstairs bath, though holder still there. Downstairs TV Cable was out of order except for 10 channels, upstairs TV worked. Telephone did not work, not dial tone. Steps outside to room looked as if rotting along the edge. No ice bucket. Had a kitchen, but no soap to wash dishes. Didn't know there would not be housekeeping on the weekend so came back from shopping to find the room in the same condition we left it in., so did not get fresh towels, had to got to front desk to get some.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ThankYouFromArbor, Manager at Arbor Suites At The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

sharon63701,

Thank You for posting a review on trip advisor, I was so sorry to hear that your stay was not what you were expecting. I would like to thank you for bringing to my attention the condition of the room you were in. My maintenance staff will be addressing all problems immediately. I do hope if you return to Springfield in the future, you will give us another chance to show you what an amazing property we have.