“Clean, Good Price, Slightly Worn and Tired”

Arbor Suites At The Mall
Ranked #37 of 52 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I chose this location to save a few dollars while I was in the area for three days. The suite is a good size, with a full kitchen. The room was very clean. But there was something about this location that I just can't give more than an "average" rating. It just felt worn down and tired. However, cleanliness in a hotel room is my first priority, and this was clean. Overall, I don't think you will go wrong staying here as long as the price is right.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed in the penthouse suite and for the money it was worth it. Huge space for our three kids. 2 bathrooms which was really nice and a full kitchen. Overall the experience was good the only negative thing that my husband and I had about the hotel was the breakfast. Even though it was a "hot" breakfast the biscuits were right out of the fridge cold so you had to warm them up before you put your gravy on. Not a huge deal though!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather S
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Having returned to Springfield after being away for 23 years, my stay at Arbor Suites was a great one! From the cleaniness of the room to the friendliness of the front desk, I can't say enough good things about this place. Extremely quiet, safe and close to everything. I will be staying here again on my next trip through in October.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
ThankYouFromArbor, Manager at Arbor Suites At The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

jrwetz,

Thank You so much for the wonderful review on trip advisor.. From our housekeeping department to maintenance and front desk staff we strive to make everyone feel as though they are returning home to us. We look forward to your return in October and again Thank You.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a clean and beautiful place to stay. I took the advice of the chamber of commerce,read the reviews, and checked the website and am so glad I did. My family was well housed and cared for. I certainly will use this hotel again when the opportunity arises. I truly believe if you are looking for a clean, beautiful place when you can't be at home this is home.

Room Tip: Penthouse Suite
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

texasteacher090,

Thank You for the time you took to review our hotel. It is from guests like you that we know where we are succeeding and where we need to improve. I am happy that you had such a nice stay and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at the Arbor suites at the Mall so my daughter could make a college visit to Missouri State University. Was disappointed when I saw the facility, it is outdated. Rooms dark, windows dirty. Bathroom fans extremely loud. Dryer missing from downstairs bath, though holder still there. Downstairs TV Cable was out of order except for 10 channels, upstairs TV worked. Telephone did not work, not dial tone. Steps outside to room looked as if rotting along the edge. No ice bucket. Had a kitchen, but no soap to wash dishes. Didn't know there would not be housekeeping on the weekend so came back from shopping to find the room in the same condition we left it in., so did not get fresh towels, had to got to front desk to get some.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ThankYouFromArbor, Manager at Arbor Suites At The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

sharon63701,

Thank You for posting a review on trip advisor, I was so sorry to hear that your stay was not what you were expecting. I would like to thank you for bringing to my attention the condition of the room you were in. My maintenance staff will be addressing all problems immediately. I do hope if you return to Springfield in the future, you will give us another chance to show you what an amazing property we have.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed in the Arbor Suites at the Mall on 4th of July weekend. We were only there one night, but I couldn't find anything wrong to complain about. Rooms were a very, very nice size - it made me wish we were staying there more then one night! (we were on our way to Branson, but had to stay in Springfield due to Branson being booked.) Check in and check out was very simple and the staff was very friendly. Rooms were a little outdated, but its hard to find one these days that isn't! Continental breakfast had a lot of options. My only complaint was that we asked for a non-smoking room, but the people before us didn't observe that and it killed my husband's allergies. I would recommend this to anyone wanting something basic to stay in either for just a night, or for an extended trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

mandabeth5,

So happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and we do hope you can return in the future for a longer stay. Springfield has a lot to offer to travelers. I'm sorry for the smoke odor in your room, we do try to ionize the rooms when we catch smokers in the non smoking rooms.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were heading to Branson for vacation and decided to stay a couple days in Springfield. Every trip South we stay at Arbor Suite. We stay at this location for bowling tournaments but also vacation. We hv stayed over 15 years and I always know we will get great quality. Iv stayed traveling in other chains which give u a bed n coffee pot only. The king suites at Arbor hv kitchen living room area included. Why stay somewhere more expensive and get less quality? Iv stayed in the penthouse and an entire family can stay comfortable. Two bathrooms really is great with several staying. You will never find this quality at any other chain hotel. I travel a lot and iv bn let down at other hotels which were more expensive. If I hear any of my clients are traveling towards Springfield. I give Arbors phone number and all my friends cn say is thank you. The staff is amazing and Vickie takes great care of us. I'm traveling again soon so be ready Vickie!!!! Lol we are coming to stay and enjoy the pool.
Carla Harp