“fun family trip”

Arbor Suites At The Mall
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My family and i stayed over the weekend. every one had a blast in the pool! Breakfast was excellent, they offer everything but the denver omellette. Laurie at the front desk was very helpful and got us everything we needed. We will definitley be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ThankYouFromArbor, Manager at Arbor Suites At The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

emily B
thank you for the review on trip advisor. I am pleased that your family enjoyed the stay with us. We look forward to your return. I will give our front desk clerks a pat on the back!!

There are newer reviews for Arbor Suites At The Mall

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Not lit very well, pretty run down, could use a little upkeep on the outside. This motel needs serious remodeling. Old stained carpet, cracked walls, dated furniture. It's really bad when someone has to ask "is that blood" on the carpet when they first walk into the room.

I like the apartment style concept and the room was big, but there is no attention to details or cleanliness. Bathroom was a little icky. This place would have a lot of potential if they fixed it. I feel like I overpaid for what I got.

I checked out as soon as I can and moved to a different hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My sisters and I stayed here for a weekend visit. There were no pots or pans or dishes in the unit as promised. The TV was crap and you couldn't enjoy the pool because kids were breaking every pool rule. The offered no maid service and if you wanted towels or anything you had to gather up the ones you had and exchange them at the front desk. Also the breakfast left one thinking what did I pay for. The air conditioning didn't work very well and the beds were much smaller than I remember a double bed to be.

Room Tip: Don't come here on the weekend.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. First I would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. All of our rooms are completely furnished with dishes excluding pots and pans that you can request at the front desk. As for the pool goes, especially on the weekends we do have alot of children that enjoy the pool. Unfortunately we are not able to see every move they make but we would have taken care of the problem if you would have let us know at the front desk. We do have limited housekeeping on the weekends however we do clean if you request and I will speak with my housekeepers about this, I'm sure they just over looked it and I'm sorry. If you would like to give us another chance to correct the things you we're not satisfied with you can email me at vickie@elliottlodging.com and I would be happy to offer you a discount.

Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Our first impression when checking in at night was not great because the room is one big room with a full kitchen, couch and coffee table and two small full-size beds all in one room. With 2 young kids we were worried but it worked and it was very quiet. The place when seen in the morning was actually nice and cozy. Kinda charming. Pool area looks nice and breakfast was pretty good. The area is nice with a mix of businesses and neighborhoods. The room was fairly clean-behind the couch needed vacuuming badly but everything else appeared clean. The staff was friendly. The price is very good.

• Stayed: June 2012
ThankYouFromArbor, Manager at Arbor Suites At The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Meinej,
Thank you for the nice review on trip advisor. I am so glad you had a nice stay and hope you will return soon.I do apologize for the crumbs under the sofa and have already spoken with the housekeeping staff about this. Again thank you.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Overnight, my car window was broken and, among other things, my briefcase with laptop computer was stolen. Thieves have targeted this property, so be warned. An employee at a nearby office building found my briefcase (minus the laptop) and said they frequently find discarded stolen items. In the past, they found a purse with no identification.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
ThankYouFromArbor, Manager at Arbor Suites At The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

CarolStLouis,

Thank you for the guest review on Trip Advisor. As you are aware guest reviews are a gauge of what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. I do apologize for your vehicle getting broken into and the theft of your briefcase and your laptop. We feel that we are located in a very safe area in Springfield near the mall and other business, and have had very few if any break-ins. As with any hotel we try and encourage all of our guests to take valuables and anything important out of their vehicles in case of situations like this. We will be looking at our options to make our guests feel like they are in a safe area as we feel that we are. It is important however that all guests wherever they are staying make sure and leave any valuables out of site outside in their vehicles.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

An overall outstanding experience. Management went out of their way to provide excellent service from the moment I arrived. The service plus the convenient location to all makes this a " must stay place".

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We rented a penthouse suite, we had trouble with ants in the kitchen, we then called the front desk they stated when housekeeping came for the day they would spray. We came back that night and towels had been added to the room and that was all that was done, trash wasn't taken out, or the floors vacuumed. The ceiling fan hadn't been dusted in a LONG time! The furniture was old and rickety. The pool and hot tub were very unkept! I would not recommend this place for anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family