“Nice stay”

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
4  Thank D L

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Spent the night to break up a long drive. Comfortable, clean room. Easy check in. Friendly staff. Breakfast looked alright, but we wanted something more so we went out. It was just too much sweet and no protein. Would stay again. Good value.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Nursek8mcd
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed at this wonderful hotel a couple of weeks ago while receiving medical treatments at one of the local hospitals and even under the circumstances; we enjoyed our visit with the family that owns this delightful hotel as well as all of their employees. Granted, the last time we visited, it was so crowded and busy, I guess mainly because it was the middle of the summer and it was sometimes difficult to rest due to all the doors slamming shut and voices in the hallway, however, we know that’s going to happen during a busy traveling season. Also, we paid a little bit more than usual, but we knew that in July, you’re going to pay a little higher due to supply and demand which is very practical.

Furthermore, we’ve noticed a couple of really awful reviews lambasting the people that own and operate this hotel. Its one thing to possibly take umbrage towards very strict smoking policy (we love it), extra charges or non refundable protocols but a couple of these reviews are downright nasty and uncalled for. Unfortunately, that’s the downside when it comes to the internet. We have noticed the last couple of times we’ve stayed here that there were some rough looking customers walking around and talking abusively towards the staff. Well, all we can say here is to keep it classy people. In addition, for us, the staff has always taken care of us as well as our needs and the hotel is immaculate. We appreciate making us always feel welcomed when we stay.

Room Tip: You can beat the prices on line if you look closely. Also, if you require a ground level room, call...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Leighn S
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The very best Days Inn I've ever stayed in, and equal to motels that cost a great deal more. Very clean, friendly and helpful staff, comfortable, excellent breakfast bar,
convenient to shopping and restaurants, everything you would want in a motel room. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Any room should be good; we prefer ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Benjamin S
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I booked a room online from my son and put a request that he will not have my card with himm. When he went to the front desk, the staff had no idea that his reservation was going to be paid by me. Front desk person had me fax them copy of my card while my son was still waiting at the desk. I wish there would be some communication going on.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Owen K
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

No workout rooms and no smoking policy is off the charts ridiculous! Can not smoke on their property at all! Continental breakfast was pretty good. Staff were very friendly. It's an older hotel but clean!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Jessica W
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Okay, so my family and I had reservations at this hotel for over a month after booking a room online through booking.com. We arrived in the late afternoon, July 14th.

Upon arrival, Bobby (who identified himself as the manager), said he couldn't find the reservation. I, in fact, had confirmed it by calling the hotel directly the day I made the reservation so we could request a "quiet" room. Bobby did find our reservation after a few minutes and told me I had only booked 2 adults, but no children. In fact, I had booked 2 adults and 1 chile. Uh oh - bait and switch coming from our pal, Bobby. To add our son, that would be another $20 total. Oh! And the quoted "estimate" had now risen by about $30. Yes, Bobby knew exactly what he was doing.

Now I didn't mention that when I first walked in the door, walked up to the front desk and said "Hi, we have a reservation tod..." - that I was CUT OFF in mid sentence, Bobby looking down the whole time, asking me my name. "Huh" I thought. This guy's busy. Of course, no one else was in the lobby with us. Us being myself, my 10 year old son, and my wife.

So Bobby was not budging. He didn't care we were baited and switched. He says he sees it all the time and he can't do anything about it. It's in the hands of booking.com. Can't give us the estimated rate, nor knock off the 20 bucks that we WERE NOT expecting.

Keep in mind, I AM NOT upset at this point. My voice level is good, my tone is fine. I'm just trying a) to get the "estimated" rate and get some compassion shown my way from Bobby that we DID put the 1 child down on the reservation, and b) decide if this guy wants my business.

I don't think he does at this point. So, I'm on the fence.

Well, here's the kicker. My 10 year old son standing next to me adds a helping comment to our conversation, but barely gets 8 words in before BOBBY TELLS HIM TO BE QUIET, THAT HE AND I WERE DOING A BUSINESS TRANSACTION.

Excuse me? Did you just do that?

No Bobby, you're having a relationship transaction here, not a business one. If you don't understand that, you don't need to be a manager, much less in the people business. This guy, Bobby, sucks.

I would tell you to stay as far away from the DAYS INN ON BATTLEFIELD as you can. They really don't care about the customer. They'll cut you off in mid-sentence. They'll be rude to you and your kids. They'll understand they're baiting and switching you, but do it anyway.

We cancelled, and Bobby couldn't have been happier. Seems he really didn't want to be bothered by paying customers at his hotel, the DAYS INN ON BATTLEFIELD.

Terrible attitude.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Kurt B
Days_Inn_Battlefield, Owner at Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Dear Kurt,

Thank you for the review. I am sorry that you didn't get to stay with us. I have reviewed the security tapes for your incident. As you stated, the website you booked from clearly lays out extra person fee. You had an option of booking two queens with your child already added to the reservaiton, but that would have addd extra $10/night to the room rent so you decided to stuff everyone in the king room. Out of courtesy, Booby moved your reservation to two queens and offered to charge only $5 extra per night instead of $10/night.

I stand by the hotel manager's decision. We ask that next time you book a room online, kindly put proper number of adults & kids on the reservation to avoid in confusion at the front desk.

Thank you.