“Pet Policy & Internet”

Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We drove out of our way to stay here specifically because on-line they advertised that they had no extra deposits or pet charges, they also said they had an excercise area. However, they do charge for pets and there was no excercise area for the pets. Their WIFI also never worked for us!

3  Thank Denise N
JitendraTailor, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Denise, thank you for writing us the review. I have just visited the travel website that you booked the room through, please note, that particular website does state "pets are accepted on request" & "pet charges may apply'. We have made sure that our hotel policies are reflected correctly on all the travel website and they are presented correctly to fellow travelers.

Pet exercise area is located on the side of the building by the pool. As far as the internet, I clearly remember resetting the router for you and made sure that WiFi was working for you.

Thank you, Denise.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

4  Thank Stephanie W

Reviewed December 31, 2013

17  Thank Bernie F

Reviewed December 26, 2013

After reading some good and bad reviews about this property, I decided to stay one night with my family. I had a room with 2 beds in it. I slept in one and my 2 kids slept in the others. When we woke up, my son started to complain about itching. When I went to look at his skin, I saw red welts on him. I checked the sheets to see what was going on and after pulling the sheets off, I saw small bugs in the crease of the mattress. I went to the front desk to inform them of what was going on and they said they could move me to another room. Well,we were checking out and that would not help at this point. We left immediately and took all of our suitcase outside to empty them so we would not be taking any of these bugs home with us. After we returned home, we went to our pediatrician and I showed him 2 dead bugs that we brought to confirm this was bed bugs. He agreed and now my children are afraid of staying at any motel/hotel. I understand this is a problem, but it can be controlled by management. I did not like the front desk's attitude of being like..oh well, we can move you to another room. I will never stay there and next time I go to a hotel! I will pull all of the sheets to check for these bugs in the crease of the mattress. Beware!!

4  Thank Matthew N

Dear Matthew N,

I am sorry for the horrible experience you had during your stay. However, I believe that you have posted this review for a wrong property because I am unable to find your reservation in our system. Plus the guest service provided to you by that hotel staff is pretty horrible, and we would not allow such type of guest service to take place at our Days Inn Battlefield.

We kindly urge you to recheck the address of the hotel that you actually stayed at and post this review there. May we ask you to remove this review as you have posted it for the wrong property?

Thank you.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
17  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed December 3, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
18  Thank Kellene W
Reviewed December 1, 2013

PROS: reasonable price; problems/concerns corrected right away- missing bulb from floor lamp, heating lamp in bathroom not working; clean decent room, with microwave, ref, coffee maker, decent bathroom with curved shower rod and half clear curtain that enables you to have more light in the shower; fair bed firmness; ample light in the room- 5 lamps plus the fluorescent by the sink; table + 2 chairs for desk work if needed ; flat screen TV with 4 drawer cabinet for clothes; close to battlefield mall;

CONS: parking lot only on 1 side of the building – request a room facing the parking lot if you are worried about your car; no elevator- although the stairs were easy to negotiate; just choose the ground level rooms if you have bad knees or heavy luggage. Sparse breakfast (waffle, some pastries, cereal, toast).

Room Tip: If you have little luggage, get a 2nd floor room facing the parking lot. Otherwise if you have a har...