“Great Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Minnesota
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at the Days Inn on Battlefield with my two teenage daughters while we were visiting Missouri State University. The room rate could not be beat (about $50 a night). For such a low price, you might expect to get a much lower standard, but that was not the case. The rooms were clean and comfortable, not fancy, but perfectly acceptable. The hot breakfast was good; a nice choice of cereals, toast and bagels, fresh made waffles, and a fruit salad. Some yogurt or hard boiled eggs would be a nice addition, but not a big deal. The staff, from the front desk person to the cleaning staff, were all friendly and willing to help. Any request we made was met with a quick and friendly response. The only problem we encountered was that the bathroom fan in our room didn't work. The location was great. Within walking distance is a very nice grocery store, a sandwich shop, pizza/pasta restaurant, McDonalds, gas station and more. If you are looking for a bargain hotel that still offers a very good level of service, this is the one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Peace Valley
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very good "basic" hotel...friendly staff, clean room, good, free breakfast including tasty waffle made by staff, quiet, easy access...sign is a little hard to see from Battelfield as it is behind another building...Price was very low for the quality of this hotel..I would reccomend & stay there again

Sabetha, Kansas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family got to the hotel and was met by a very pleasant and professional desk crew. The hotel staff escorted my wife and I to the room in order to inspect and approve the room prior to our stay. My two daughters were attended to by the housekeeping staff while we inspected the room. During our stay, all the hotel personnel went out of their way to make the stay pleasant. I am going to return to this hotel every time I visit Springfield for sure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed one comfortable night. Two queen beds, good TV, microwave, fridge, solid wifi. Clean even in the corners. We were on first floor--104.

Staff was very polite, friendly, and "johnny-on-the-spot".

Breakfast was minimal. Not a broad selection. Atendant prepared my waffle. I was a bit surprised when she delivered it to the table--1/2 waffle on small plate.

We'd recommend the motel to anyone wanting a convenient location at a reasonable price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I very rarely take the time to write a bad review of a place because why rehash the whole story. But, I need to make an exception to this hotel. And, I will admit I selected this hotel because of the rate I was offered. But it was shown to be a two star according to the third party site’s rating system, and personally, I think they should be a one star.
When I first walked in I was disappointed in the décor of the room. But, I figured you get what you paid for. The TV was an older model TV that had damage from a previous guest. In order to turn on the light at the table, we had to plug it into an extension cord that stretched across the room from the table. On one of the beds the springs in the box spring were completely crushed, causing a sloping of the mattress when you sat on the edge. Then we tried to turn on the heater. It didn’t work. Turned out that the front desk clerk had forgotten to “flip the switch” to our heat. Later in the middle of the night when I turned on the light to go to the bathroom, I saw two bugs scurry across the floor away from the light. Now, three days after we have checked out, I am seeing an extra charge on my credit card from them. When I called to find out what the charge was for, the clerk tells me that I have to call back in the morning to find out, but if he is remembering the name right, he believes that it was because of damage to the room. Really? I’m not holding my breath on recovering the “damage” charge if that is what the charge was for, but I would NEVER recommend this hotel to ANYONE, despite all the positive reviews I see here.

1 Thank ChristyS4374