“TOTALLY AGREE WITH TRIP ADVISOR”

Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65
Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Alamo
“TOTALLY AGREE WITH TRIP ADVISOR”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I made reservation at this hotel after reading so many positive review on trip advisor. Good decision I made! Hotel was located in a great locality. Both of our rooms were clean. Recliner chair for aged guest was awesome! hot waffles were featured in the breakfast which was nice. Swimming pool was clean. Management might want to upgrade the pool chairs! We enjoyed our stay at this motel. Whenever we come in the springfield or in surrounding area, we have to stay at this days inn!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
11 Thank ddayonhold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
West Valley City, Utah
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We spent total of 4 nights at this hotel, and our stay couldn't be any more enjoyable. From reserving the room up to the point of check out, the experience was perfect. The hotel is pet friendly but it did not smell "pet" like I expected. The hallways, rooms, breakfast area were clean. Plenty of varieties in the breakfast! WE WILL STAY HERE AGAIN, AGAIN AND AGAIN!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
12 Thank bburns54
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I had a very positive experience with this hotel. Service was top-notch and very friendly. While the decor in my room was a little dated, it was well taken care of and very clean. Also, it provides one of the most ample breakfasts of any hotel I've been to!

To save a little money on the room, be sure to visit the visistor website for Springfield. There you can find a $5 coupon for the room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
13 Thank K F
Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My stay was great at this hotel. Staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. My room was clean, quite and well appointed. Coffee was delivered in to my room along with the news paper which was great. Since I was in Springfield on a business trip, I didn't get chance to visit places but next time I will come in town with family to visit surrounding tourist attraction and will definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
13 Thank ricmocha3
chicago
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Overall, we were happy with our visit to this Days Inn. The value was great and the rooms were clean. Breakfast was included in the mornings; there was a large amount of cereals to choose from, a variety of danishes, bagels/toast, and of course, waffles. Each morning, Tiffany came out to make our waffles, and this was great! We definitely enjoyed this and preferred this to the other hotels where people make their own waffles. And, there was a choice in waffles...blueberry, apple/cinnamon, or original.

A couple of "faults"...first, on our first morning, the cleaning crew came in and DID NOT shut our door all the way. We came back to an open room; anyone could have walked in! Thankfully, the cleaning lady was a couple of doors down and nobody ventured in. She was very apologetic, but they do need to be more careful. She says she thought our door was closed, but they need to do a better job making sure!!!

Second, on our last night, the smoke detector in our room went off several times, quite late in the evening. I had to go down and let them know, and honestly, it took much longer than it should have for them to come down. It was LOUD!!! It happened 3 times; the third time, the owners came in and removed the battery from the smoke detector. I can't say that this was the best way to deal with it; they never came back to replace them! That is a safety issue; thankfully, we were not in need of a smoke detector that night, but you never know. We would have been much more comfortable with them apologizing, taking them out, and then coming back to the room with new batteries a few minutes later. Two things I would like to see addressed and made sure to never occur again.

Aside from the couple of setbacks, overall, we were happy with our stay. It was a great value, the rooms were clean, and the breakfast was quite good. Tiffany, at the front desk each morning, was super friendly and great to deal with! I'm sure we would stay again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank middlesch00lteacher
Shingle Springs, CA
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Where to start? Pros. excellent customer service, very friendly staff. great location, very good breakfast, clean rooms. It is very hard to find a pet friendly hotel this days and I am glad we found days inn. Complimentary pet package was great. Coffee and usa today was delivered right to my door!!!
Cons. wifi could be improved. wish they had a fitness center.
Overall great stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
9 Thank sushilova
Madison
Reviewed August 2, 2011

The hotel is kind of hard to find because it is hidden behind a grocery shop. The place offered peaceful clean and comfortable rooms. The staff is well trained, friendly and professional. My room was pre-cooled prior to my arrival which was definitely appreciated when the heat was 117 degrees outside. Breakfast was wonderful. I knocked one point out because I thought the hotel had the hard-wire internet but it didn't. Other than that, I had no complaints what so eva.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family