“Nice property ... Good price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Springfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family just stayed at Baymont Inn and Suites in Springfield, MO. We travel a lot with my kids' sport teams and I can say that this was one of the worse experiences we had. The front desk staff were rude and not helpful. Even when looking at a Dominos Pizza menu from their lobby the young man could not tell us which location was the closest to call for delivery. We like to try local places while in different cities and no one at the front desk had any menus or suggestions. Also, the breakfast items were never full. We did have a large group and I understand that the hotel was booked for the weekend but like I said we travel a lot with sports teams and have never had this problem at any hotel. The first morning we ate at 8 and the second morning we ate at 8:30. Both mornings the food was almost gone or gone when we got there with no hurry from the staff to replace any of it. The first night of our stay we were awakened at 5:20 am to the fire alarms going off. When my husband went to the lobby to see what was going on the man behind the front desk was very rude and yelled at him saying I don't know where it is coming from, I am trying to find out. Now I understand that his phone was ringing off the hook from other guest wanting to know if we needed out of there but the way he handled it was completely unprofessional especially in what could have been an emergency situation. I do have to say the beds in our room were comfortable but other then that the room need great improvement. The door by the bathroom door felt as if it was dry rot and we were going to fall thru it. The air conditioner/heater was so loud that we could not even turn it on while trying to sleep. I understand that all hotels have a few flaws and honestly I was willing to overlook most of these things. We were there for a tournament and didn't have to spend a lot of time in the hotel. However, we parked in the back of the hotel and went to enter the back door. There is a key card reader there to get you in, however it was not working. I noticed you just had to open the door as it was already unlocked. When I did that I saw that there had been tape placed over the lock to keep the door from locking. I assumed someone tampered with the door so I brought it to the attention of the front desk staff. It was then that I was told Oh yeah that door has been broke for over a month, they haven't fixed it yet! Never should safety of guest be compromised and it definitely was at this hotel! We will not be back at this hotel and if we can help it we will stay away from all brands of your hotels. I don't understand why something so important as guest safety has not been attended to!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We drove to Springfield for a soccer tourney & I was glad we stayed on South end of Glenstone because it was out by the Mall & the south end of the street seemed to be a nicer area than the north end. I wish our room had not been a smoking room because it reaped of smoke but that is all they had available. The room was reasonable, older, but clean & close to the Outback, chick-fila, McDonald's, BBQ resturant, 1.1 miles from Mall. Close to many restaurants. Breakfast was eggs, sausage, biscuits-n-gravy, pancakes, cereal, snack cakes, coffee, milk, juice. The room rate was really reasonable compared to others we priced.

Stayed October 2013
Smithville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hotel should have smoking and non-smoking rooms on different levels even if they have pets. My son and his family were across the hall from a smoking room. Cigarette smoke filtered into their room. We always stay at this hotel when in Springfield. We will be back but we hope the hotel will accommodate family's with pets and children to be on a level with only non smoking rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Kechi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

You need to maintain your air conditioning units in the room. Ours was musty smelling and I woke up with my sinuses going crazy. My husband also had the same problem.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple