“Very Nice and an Excellent deal for the price”

Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our room was very clean and comfortable and LARGE in contrast to many places we've stayed. We did not get a chance to swim or use the fitness center but they both looked clean and well maintained. Breakfast was the usual continental fare and I have dietary restrictions that prevent me from eating most of what was offered but they did have fresh fruit. We were very pleased with the accommodations.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Greenstay Hotel & Suites

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Booked in advance, they matched priceline prices. Staff was friendly and went out of their way to help us. The room was clean and very, very quiet. Could hear a pin drop it was so quiet! If your looking for a clean, quiet place to stay this is it! The free breakfast was great. Even had free snacks thru-out the day in the kitchen. Pet friendly!!, They put us on the first floor to make it easier for us to take our pets to out to potty. Will be back!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Jeff P, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Audrey M,

Thank you for your review of Greenstay Hotel and Suites. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in September of 2013. Since your stay, we have completed many renovations in our guest rooms and our lobby. The next time you visit us, you will see a remarkable difference, but you will still find a friendly staff, a quiet, affordable room, and a warm welcome to your pets. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Springfield, Missouri. Thank you for choosing Greenstay Hotel and Suites!

Yours in hospitality,

Jeff Portman

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My daughter and son-in-law used this as their base of operations for their wedding. The manager and staff went out of their way to ensure that we all felt welcome. They worked with us patiently to ensure that all of our out of town guests had rooms on this Labor Day weekend.

After the wedding (held at a local park) all of the hotel guests enjoyed a pool party and then we used the breakfast area to play board games until early in the morning. Then, at 11 the next day, the hotel provided the breakfast area for our private use for the Wedding Brunch. We had Panera bring in the food.

Our family and friends were quite happy with Greenstay and I know that we'll be back on future visits to Springfield.

Room Tip: We used a business room for the bridal suite. It worked great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for the cheap price and was I impressed. The place was super clean, beds were great, room was comfortable. Breakfast was a surprise- sausage, eggs, biscuit and gravy, waffles and all the regular. Will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

First time staying in a Greenstay Hotel. Called 2hours ahead while driving, matched price I saw on price line. Was totally impressed staff very helpful, room exceptionally clean, did not have that funny hotel smell, bed was extremely comfortable. We travel to Texas quite a bit and will definitely make this are go to stop.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I just stopped in this hotel while traveling when I was too tired to continue to drive. They offered me a great rate. I was so surprised by what an amazing hotel it turned out to be. The room was large, spotless, beautiful and smelled great. I can't think of anywhere I've stayed that offered better value. The free breakfast was very simple but it was hot and very good for being free.

I was hoping it was a large chain and I'd be able to find more of them elsewhere but it looks like that's not the case. Too bad.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you have difficulty with stairs make sure to ask for the first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was a great place to stay! It is called Greenstay because it is a "green" (or environmentally friendly) hotel. The only downside to the hotel is that there are NO ELEVATORS. There are only two floors, so there are not that many stairs to worry about, thank goodness. Besides that, it was great! Let me separate my review out for you:
Value:
I reserved this room through Expedia for $70 for 1 king sized bed. At first, I thought this was going to be a semi-dirty, small, noisy room. It was the opposite.
Sleep Quality:
It was a good bed, nothing special but not at all uncomfortable. You can hear Hwy 65 (from my room at least). The refrigerator would startle me awake every once in a while, but I would go straight back to sleep. There was no hallway noise or next-door room noise.
Cleanliness:
It was very clean! I walked around barefoot the entire time and I did not get black, or even semi-brown, feet. The towels were clean, and surprisingly soft. Sheets, pillows, counters, toilet, everything was spotless.
Location:
Springfield is not a huge place, so location didn't really matter for me. It is on the north-eastern outside edge of Springfield. I am not sure where the "hoppin'" places are in Springfield, so I am not sure how this would rate on location.
Rooms:
Great rooms! Clean, as I said before, and it had nice amenities. It had a fridge, microwave, plenty of drawers and places to set things, great TV, coffee, two sinks (one inside the bathroom and one outside), and a closet. The only negative is that it was stuffy. The A/C unit did not circulate the air very well throughout the room. It was cool enough air coming out of it, but it did not make it around the room.
Breakfast:
It was great HOT breakfast. They had waffles, of course, as well as eggs, sausage patties, biscuits, gravy, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, toast, mini cinnamon rolls, and a variety of drinks.
Room Service:
I did not get any room service, but they had a menu for the hotel. It looked like you had to call a toll free number or order online, but it had a wide variety of food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo