“Another great experience.”

Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We are repeat travelers to this hotel. It's a great place for the spacious comfort and the price, but mostly for the customer experience. The staff continues to be the most accomodating we have experienced in our travels. From the front desk, to the housekeeping, to the maintenace staff... All are very friendly and willing to go out of their way to assist. The breakfast layout is plentiful and a good mix of hot and cold. Fresh fruit in place of canned would go a long way for the health conscious. Overall, an excellent value.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelinDad78
Kathleen M, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

TravelinDad 78,

I wanted to say I appreciate that you made the choice to stay at our hotel. Thank you! My staff and I, are glad you enjoyed our breakfast, and all the other services provided to you. Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. The staff at Greenstay works hard to ensure satisfaction where they can. Thank you again for choosing Greenstay Hotel & Suites as a repeat visitor. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

The staff was more than helpful. The rooms were extremely clean and they rooms were also very quiet. The breakfast was very good and plenty of hot and cold food assortments.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jane H
Kathleen M, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear Ann S,

We here at Greenstay would like to say thank you and we are so glad you chose to stay at our hotel. We here at Greenstay always appreciate comments and are very glad you enjoyed your stay. I know my staff will really enjoy your comments and feel very proud that they made your enjoyable.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Nice room, comfortable beds. Good breakfast, plenty of choices. Excellent helpful staff. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rtdake

Dear Rtdake,

We would like to say thank you for wonderful comments and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that next time you head out for another road trip to please come back and stay with us again if you happen to be traveling this way.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Well actually, it is an old Hampton Inn. But apparently the owner is trying to make it 'green'. The service was great - breakfast area was actually better than average. The rooms were okay, a little dated but comfortable. We had bid on priceline and got a pretty good rate (wish I would have bid lower) and we had hoped for an indoor pool so our kids could swim. The outdoor pool looks great for the summer but no luck for us. I would stay here again, if I could get a better price :).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Kathleen M, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Dear Jemandrews,

First of all I would like to say thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your nice comments and ratings. I am sorry that we do not have an indoor pool, I know it would be a very nice amenity for us to have, but I would be more than happy to make that suggestion to our owner. I know a lot of people like to book online to find better deals, but if you ever decide to stay with us again and find a good deal please call us and we will match that rate for you. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and if you are ever traveling through Springfield again please come back and see us!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were only in town for 2 days, one night stay and didnt spend much time in the hotel but we were pleasantly surprised with the room. Not the biggest room ever but very bright, modern looking and extremely clean. The breakfast was very nice, plenty of food to choose from. All in all we were very happy with our stay, albeit a brief one, at Greenstay Hotel in Springfield Missouri and when in the bowling tournament again next year, we will probably stay there again..

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike H

Dear Mike H,

We here at Greenstay would like to say thank you and we are so glad you chose to stay at our hotel. We here at Greenstay always appreciate comments and are very glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you come to Springfield Missouri.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

We took a 3-week drive from Canada > New Orleans>Clearwater Beach and this was probably the nicest place we stayed in the whole time. They happened to be in one of the coupon books and we were so pleased we picked Greenstay! It was tempting to come back the same way just to stay here!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HelenSevenSisters

Dear HelenSevenSisters,

It sounds like you took a wonderful trip. I was sharing your comments with some of my staff and they remembered speaking with you. So on behalf of the staff here at Greenstay we would like to say thank you for wonderful comments and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that next time you head out for another road trip to please come back and stay with us again if you happen to be traveling this way.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

I feel their check-in associate was not fast enough. First she had trouble finding the reservation so I ended up calling the travel agency to re-fax my confirmation. The room cleanness was okay however I could not sleep through out the night because this hotel is very close to the train tracks. Those long american goods trains just kept me up almost all night. The management should have put noise reducer in all the room. You guys need training on making coffee, it was very strong.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Kathleen M, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Dear RachelBML,

I would like to apologize for your unpleasant stay at the Greenstay Hotel & Suites . I happen to be a light sleeper as well and can imagine how a restless night sleep with the constant sound of trains can make you feel the next morning. We do have some rooms much farther down on the east wing that are quieter. I also am sorry about the coffee, i know everyone makes theirs a little different, but I will do my best to make sure that everyone tries to keep the it the same. As for your check-in service I am sorry you had to wait so long. We always receive the online reservations through fax, and I have had some instances where they would forget to send the fax through, and it can be a long process before we get the reservation, I am sorry. A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is very much appreciated. I assure you that the issues you have raised have been review and actions have been taken. I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in Springfield.