“Great for business or leisure trips”

Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rockford, Illinois
“Great for business or leisure trips”
Reviewed April 1, 2011

Very clean and quiet, nice workout room, comfortable bed, and great hot breakfast. Located right at the expressway exit.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
greenstay, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
lppd841,
I would like to thank you for the great review. We hope that the next time that you are traveling through this area again that you will stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed March 28, 2011

The location in Springfield was very close to all activities we had to attend over the weekend. Rooms were quiet- and very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2011
schuz,

Thank you for the great review. We are very happy we exceeded your expectations and we hope that you will stay with us the next time you travel to Springfield Missouri.
Kansas
Reviewed March 24, 2011

This is a great hotel, whether for business or leisure. It is quiet and secure, great location and very clean. Nice amenities. Updated/ new decor, our room had white down comforters on the beds. Large, flat-screen t.v., fridge and microwave. Two sinks, one inside the bathroom and one out. Large closet. Good, hot breakfast. The only cons would be: 1. The pool is outside and we couldn't use it in March. 2. The pillows were flat and lumpy and there were only two bed pillows per bed.-- I rate the sleep quality a 4 out of 5 for this. Overall, I would rate this hotel experience a 9.7.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
hotcacti,

Thank you so much for the great review. I do hope that you will come back later this summer or when the weather warms up so you can enjoy our outdoor pool and outdoor grill area as well. I do apologize about the pillows. I will look into possibly getting a 2nd type of pillow on our beds, I welcome any suggestions and guest satisfaction is our number 1 goal at Greenstay.
Underwood IA
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We stayed a couple nights while attending a softball tournament. For the price, we were quite pleased. Most importantly it was clean and the beds were comfortable and the staff was accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
greenstay, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Keilyn05,

I would like you thank you for submitting your review. I want to thank you for the great comments and hope that you had a great time while here for the softball tournament. I am concerned however on the scores that you ranked us on out of 5. For instance the Service 3 out of 5 and rooms 3 out of 5. If there is anything you can recommend I can get those scores up to all 5's I would greatly welcome a call or e-mail from you. Please contact me at the property phone number at your convenience.
Suffield, Connecticut
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Had to take this 6000 mile trip so I have been in a different hotel for almost 2 weeks and this was the best night sleep yet the beds were so comfy and the rooms did not have noise from pipes or highway outside. And the staff was friendly and helpful. Thanks

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
kjarlin86,

Thank you for the review and we at the Greenstay Hotel and Suites hope you had a safe 6000 mile journey and hope that you come back to Springfield and stay with us again.
Kanasas City
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Due to snowy roads, we were given permission to check out in the afternoon. They were most gracious. The room was very clean and comfortable (green). Breakfast was the best continental one we had on our trip. Highly recommend and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
rknett,

I would really like to thank you for the great review. We at the Greenstay Hotel and Suites hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Springfield area.
omaha, nebraska
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Stayed for two nights and was very happy with room and service. Read quite a few reviews on train noise but can honestly say that the only time I heard it was at breakfast and even then, real faint and not at all disturbing. Only complaint was the weight machine in exercise room was broke. Bed comfortable, room mostly clean although a dirty cup and used coffee filter were left in room after cleaning. They were my own so not that big of deal. Just surprising since everything else was nicely done. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2011
greenstay, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Chuckos7,

I want to thank you for the positive review, and appreciate the comment about the train noise. As I have stated before in previous responses we do not have control over the train that runs nearby but we do our best in accommodating our guest. Also I wanted to let you know that the weight machine in the fitness center is now fixed and working, and do apologize for that inconvenience. As for the coffee filter and the cup that was left in the room I also apologize about that as well and that will be taken care of appropriately. Again I appreciate the review and letting me know what we are doing right and wrong do I can make sure that every guest is satisfied that stays with us. I will be looking forward to having you stay with us again.