“Buyer Beware!!”

Ranked #37 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Grain Valley, Missouri
“Buyer Beware!!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed here only because I had a state issued exam being held at the location. Had to travel so decided to stay on site for convenience. Checked in , they said they had me down for the night prior but could work it out. Explained I would not have booked the night prior only since in town for specific exam date held at their location that I had also mentioned when I booked.. Long story short.. Not a nice hotel but it was fine for the night so when they called 5 min after I checked in to check on me(which was odd) geez, can I have a second? Long story short... NEXT DAY DRIVING HOME THEY CALLED TO ASK WHY I STOLE THE TV FROM MY ROOM???!!! Not kidding. I am a middle aged woman who was there with my 70 year old mother in tow. When I was shocked by the question she kept insisting on why I said things were ok when they called 5 min after I checked in. Maybe because I just had barely crested the door and hadn't noticed my room had no tv. Did notice it later that night but just figured out on repair or something and didn't complain since just their for the exam to study and sleep anyway. They continued to drive it in why I said it was fine when they checked in on me. It's so surreal I've actually had quite a hearty laugh over the ordeal at this point! Regardless I smell an inside job and think I would look at my staff before harassing guests. And no, I would never stay there again. Still pending "if they are gonna have to charge me for the TV". Go ahead. I dare you. Once I'm done laughing at the idea of my senior citizen mother and I jackin a TV out of a hotel room between me taking my exam, having some Cracker Barrel and a little sleep...then I will contact my attorney.

• Stayed February 2014
Ashley W, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
We accept your explanation that when the guest service agent called to see if the room was ok you hadn’t noticed the TV was missing. I am truly sorry that you felt we accused you of taking a flat screen TV. Our goal is to trust every guest as our family and we regret your experience. We truly value our cosmetology exam guests.

Ashley Williams
Property Manager
Lamplighter Inn & Suites North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Corinth, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed two nights while in Springfield. The breakfast was nice and a good assortment. The rooms were clean and looked newly remodeled. I was very happy that the washer/dryer was free to use. Was not expecting that!! We would stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather S
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here because my parents had stayed here before. They said that it was nothing special but clean. They were right it was definately nothing special. The area outside the door looked dirty. Lots of trash had blown up around the door. Opened the door & immediately was hit with a rather unpleasant oder. There were some type of deoderizor sheets attached to the blower on the heater. The carpet looked dirty but had been swept. Overall the room looked clean but rather outdated. Even though the price was not bad it still wasn't worth the price paid. We wont be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2013
Chino Valley, Arizona
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was travelling alone and had a vehicle break-down. I had to stay the night in Springfield. The staff at the Lamplighter was accommodating, I got a discount due to being there from breaking down. The room was clean and comfortable, and there was a pretty decent restaurant/bar attached to the hotel. I wasn't happy to be stranded but it was the best place it could have happened, as a female travelling alone I felt very safe- I found everyone in Missouri to be exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

This was a great place. Clean! Got a great rate with coupon! Good breakfast of biscuits and gravy, yogurt, fresh fruit, eggs, and sausage. Coffee, OJ, Milk, hot Tea, hot cocoa, and Hot Cider. Great for any stay! Very nice seating in breakfast area compare to most. Has a indoor Pool. An a computer for guests to use!

Stayed November 2013
High Ridge, Missouri
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We intended to stay at another hotel in the area but they were booked. We were meeting friends at Springfield which is halfway between Tulsa,OK (they live) and St. Louis,Mo (we live) and spending a few day together. We found The Lamplighter. They gave us a great rate and even upgraded us so we could be in rooms close together. We did Wilson Creek Battlefield and then went to LAMBERT'S to eat. We spent the rest of the evening (until LATE) playing Phase 10 cards in the dining area. Everyone coming by made comments and were friendly with us. The lady at the desk even took time to take some pictures of us so we all could be in the picture. The morning breakfast was great. We then hit THE BASS PRO SHOP before we headed our separate ways home. This is the first time we did this but we are planning on doing it twice a year and DEFINITELY staying here at THE LAMPLIGHTER (NORTH).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Tuscumbia, Missouri
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have parked there for three years with a town delivery truck. tried to check in today and was told "sorry" NO trucks at all. Glad that many more hotels in the area know that america moves by truck! Either chech in people are not well trained or they don't care as they were rude and did not care to help

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels