“Gread value”

Lamplighter Inn & Suites North
Ranked #39 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We've stayed here for New Years several time..great value for the room, incuding a bottle of champagne. The entertainment in the lounge is great, and its nice to be able to stay here..enjoy the pool, and an evenings entertainment and not have to drive. Breakfast the next morning is included..so a great deal. We stayed in one of their newly remodeled rooms and it was very nice!!

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room...in the winter you dont have to go outside to access the hotel amenities.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Ryan R, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

I would like to take this time to sincerly thank you for taking the time to post a review about your previous stay at Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center. It is always a pleasure to hear when a guest has truly enjoyed their experience while staying at the hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed our newly remodeled delux room that has new pillow top mattresses and flat screen tv/s. Our hotel is still going through much renovations and still has a way to go but already guests such as you are noticing those changes. It is also an honor to know that you chose Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center to be the place to celebrate and bring in 2013.

Thank you again, for taking the time to post a review and for your kind words. I will be sure to pass your review off to my staff here at the hotel. Again, thank you for making Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center your lodging choice to bring in and celebrate 2013!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Our overall experience at the Lamplighter Inn was wonderful. Our room was clean and recently remodeled, the staff was excellent, and the management was friendly and very helpful. Nice hot free breakfast. It was a super bargain. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lori H
Ryan R, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Lori

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your previous stay here at Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center. It is truly a please to hear that a guest enjoyed their stay here at the hotel. My staff and I are always trying to come up with new and better ways to meet guest's needs and their expectations. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms, and look forward to your next stay with us to see what other renovations are in process or completed. I will be sure to pass your kind words about your stay to my staff. It is reviews like this that helps motivates my staff to continue doing a great job. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and for making Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center your lodging choice for Springfield, Mo.

Have a safe and happy holiday!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

After staying at the Lamplighter for over two years about once a month, The time before last was very unpleasant, but the General Manager, LaTricia not only call me also sent me a letter inviting us back and gave us a gift card for a night. We called to let her know we would be comming back, but she was no longer there the new General Manager said he would take care of everything. When we arrival the front desk person acted like she was there only as window dressing, sitting on a stool doing her nails and we were an inconvenience. When she went to look up our reservation she said it wasn't until the 21st ( the resevation was for two days the 14th & 15th) then she found it, gave us our key cards. OK we made it pass miss personailty and went to ,our room. the next day we went shopping and went we returned we couldn't get into our room as the card was only done for one day (which also locked us out of the hotel back entrance) we had to put our things back in the car and walk around to the front to get new cards. Good note this time the tront desk lady was great and took care of the problem and also left a note to the Gebaral Manager (who hasn't even replyed to say sorry).

D.L. Higbee, Licking MO.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan R, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Mr. Higbee

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a response about your previous stay here at Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center. I would like to take this time to offer my deepest apology for any inconveniences that you had experienced while at Lamplighter Inn & Suites. It is our policy to provide award winning customer service to all guests. I would like to apologive for not getting back to you sooner and would I have been aware of your stay, I would have corrected any issue immediately.
I value your response so that I may continue to train and help my staff grow in providing award winning customer service. I have corrected all issues that you have discussed in your review of your stay.
Again, thank you for taking the time to post a review of Lamplighter Inn & Suites so that we may further better ourselves. If you have any further questions or comments, I kindly welcome you to contact me at the hotel @ 417-869-3900.
Have a happy holiday season!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

A nice priced, great place to stay. The bed was perfect. Room was very clean. Pool and hot tub was well maintained. Free hot breakfast was super even had biscuits and gravy. Staff very friendly. Easy to drive to. Nice eating places on both sides. A face lift is going on but still got nice room for our money.

Room Tip: Inside hallway rooms are nice and warm for for dec.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan R, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

I would like to thank you Rebecca for posting a review about your previous stay with Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center. It is always a privelage and an honor to hear a guest speak highly about the hotel and its staff. It is reviews like this, that helps motivate my staff to continue to meet the expectations or go beyond guest's expectations. We are always coming up with new ideas for our breatkfast and glad that you enjoyed our hot items we serve. We are going through a complete renovation and glad that you are enjoying the new look of the hotel. We kindly welcome you and your party to come back and see what all renovations we have completed since your previous stay. Again, thank you for posting a review and making Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center your lodging choice for Springfield, Mo.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Lock on room was faulty, and others in the grip reported the same. Some of the public areas need some TLC. Overall the property is showing its age. Staff was friendly, courteous and responsive. I would not chose this property, but stayed as part of a large group.

• Stayed: December 2012
Ryan R, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your previous stay at Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We take all reviews serious so we may better improve our facilities or training of our employees. I would like to take the time to address each issue that you raised in your review and happy to report each issue has been resolved.

The doors were being up-graded and the locks were having to be re-programmed for the safety of the guests here at the hotel. With new technology, comes more responsibilty of securing the safety of our guests. I am also happy to report that all door locks are fully functioning and providing great safety to our guests.

We are in the process of going through a complete renovation here at the hotel and in our public/ meeting spaces at the hotel. It is timely manor due to the size of the hotel, different conventions that are happening at the hotel, and with weather permitting much of the renovations to occur.

I am very pleased that my staff was very accomadating during your stay here at Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center. We take great pride in providing award winning customer service skills to our guests. I would like to welcome you and your group back to see what all renovations have been made to the hotel. Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review so that my hotel may better meet expectations of future guests. We would also like for you to give us a second chance so that we may show you a modern renovated hotel accomadations for your next stay.

If you have any questions or concerns, you are more than welcome to contact me at the hotel at 417-869-3900.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

It was every nice n clean aand that is were i will stay at when i came back to springfield the people that works thier r very nice and it was just a great place to stay i am gpnna tell every one to go thier and stay they will be please to stay thier i had a good time and a nice stay at lamploghter north it was sweet

• Stayed: November 2012
Ryan R, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center. It is always a pleasure when a guest may call a hotel another home. My staff is always trying to meet and go beyond guest's expectation. I am pleased to hear that my staff has accomplished this with you and your party. I will be glad to pass your kind words to my staff, and we look forward to your next stay. Again, thank you for making Lamplighter Inn & Suities Convention Center your lodging choice for Springfield, Mo.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were in town to see some family. We enjoyed the indoor pool & hot tub. Nice hot breakfast. Friendly staff & the place was clean. Would recommend this hotel to others. Location is good to since its right off the interstate in Springfield

• Stayed: November 2012
Ryan R, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your previous stay at Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center. It is always a pleasure to hear when guests have a great stay here at the hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjyoed are complimentary hot breakfast, which we are always incorporating new items. Our location is ideal for any traveler, since we are located off of I-44 in Springfield. I will be sure to pass your kind words about your stay off to my staff. Again, thank you for allowing Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center to be your lodging choice, and we look forward to your next visit!