“Was a nice place to stay but now going down hill fast”

Lamplighter Inn & Suites North
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Licking, Missouri, United States
“Was a nice place to stay but now going down hill fast”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We have stayed here many times over the last couple years and up to are last stay always enjoyed staying there, but our last stay 09/07/12 to 09/09/12 was the worse. We "NEVER" got any room service (had to go ask for towels), only a 1/2 roll of toilet paper in room with no back up (Yes we did have to end up using kleenx), they had removed the ironing board and we asked for one at the front desk but never got one. Not only was the room not taken care of "BUT" the front desk really didn't care. What a shame as we really did enjoy staying there before.

Room Tip: I would look for another place to stay
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LaTricia R, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Mr. Higbee,

Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience. I really enjoyed talking with you this morning. I have sent you out the gift cert. we discussed and I have taken care of those charges. Please feel free to contact me anytime. I look forward to speaking with you again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We arrived late at night and all the major hotel chains in Springfield were full. We tried our luck with this smaller hotel and were pleasantly surprised. We noticed that it had won a 2011 Trip Advisor award which made us feel better about going with this lower than our usual comfort / rate hotel. We were bracing ourselves entering the room, but it was really clean and welcoming. The salt water pool was murkier than we are used to, and the tiles could have used a scrub, but swimming there was very pleasant, in the gazebo type room, underneath the stars. The breakfast was comparable to what the big chains are offering. Simple and mass-produced, but varied and adequate. We would go back again and recommend it as good value for money.

Room Tip: See if they have any interior rooms available. A little safer to be in a corridor than having access...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was there at that hotel with my friends fromAug. 2 thru Aug. 6 for a Convention. The elevator kept breaking down the whole time we were there. I had to walk down for two day from the third floor with my walker and oxygen every time I had to go to a meeting or out to eat. There were alot of ladies at this convention on walkers and canes that had trouble going up and down stepsand the hotel really did nothing to help us excwpt put us on outside rooms where we had to go out in the extreme heat to get to our rooms. Most of the ladies checked out early and either went home or another hotel. the hot breakfast was not good. most of the time it was barely hot and then they ran out of some of the food. When we checked out they did not even offer to take anything off the bill for the all we had to put up with that weekend. So we paid full price for a loosey hotel. We will never stay at this hotel again. The repair man for the elevator said the heat was the reason that the elevaator keep breaking down and that it rally needs to be replaced becausw it is a ral old elevator.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Springfield
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Not a bad place, but on arrival, I noticed many hotels/motels in the immediate area, some with permanent $29.95 signs posted. Their so-called "full breakfast" was barely that and by comparison to what else is in the immediate neighborhood, it seems pricey in retrospect. The walkways to the rooms could stand considerable improvement.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Ray D
Ray, Thank you for taking time to write a review. I have spoken to upper management and
Im happy to say we will be working on some outside improvements and we have added to our breakfast selections. We would like to invite you back to see our progress.
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

I've read the reviews and find one or two unfairly bad. I did find one a little too good. Over all given the age of the place I believe it is a good deal. It is at a busy intersection, it does get crowded at night with the dinner customers. The staff is great! Give them a request and they are on it! Solve it and they smile.

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

I have to be honest about staying in rooms that you enter in from outside, i'm not a fan, but at the same time, i was very surprised to see how clean the rooms were & how accomodating the staff was. Even though i'm probably not gonna start staying in hotels that you enter in the room from outside, but if i was back in this area again, i without a 2nd thought, would stay in this hotel again.

Stayed May 2012
I would like to first say thank you for taking time to post a review. We are working together as a team to better our hotel and staff. We are also updating the rooms and we are looking to start remodeling the outside entrances to the rooms. We would like you to come back soon and see some of the changes we have made.
Carthage, Missouri
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My brother and I were here for health reasons, and while we don't require an accessible room, we did not enjoy the Thirty minute once around. Finding our room from the staff's directions was a nightmare. A lady at the desk sent us on a… wild goose chase to the elevator, only to find that it was being hijacked by the cleaning/remodeling crew. For some reason they were throwing away stacks of old mattresses. Then one lady sent us all the way back to the front desk. We were once again sent off with murky directions. The exterior photo makes it look like a quaint little one story hotel. Don't be fooled! This is a three-story maze of rooms, stairs, and exterior concrete ledges. There are so many ins. and outs, make sure they draw you a map! We were there on a Week day, and the place was a mad house of screaming pool kids, and yelping dogs. Yes, the room was clean and comfortable, but this place is really just for parents, or someone just needing a break from driving..It just was not worth the $30 dollar savings. There are several big chains around pick one of them.

Room Tip: Restaurant/pub was not open, but it looked nice. No room service, this site doesn't seem to all...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank tom a
Tom, I am truly sorry that your stay was not pleasent please accept my apologies. That was a very difficult day due to our remodeling and I am sorry you were inconvenienced with all of it. These remodels are to make our guest comfortable as possible. For the inconvenience I would like for you to come back complimentary of Lamplighter North.