“Great rooms! Great service!”

Lamplighter Inn & Suites North
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We were traveling without a reservation and decided to stop for the night at the Lamplighter. The staff was very courteous and friendly. The room had all the ameneties, i.e. microwave , refrigerator, 2-queen size beds. Facility has a salt water pool. Hot breakfast in the morning. The place has just been remodeled. We found out about the place through one of the discount travel guides you get at the rest stops. The price was fantastic. They didn't hesitate to accept the coupon.We will stay there again the next time we are in the area. Very clean and safe!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ray G
Shanin W, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Thank-you for your positive comments, though it appears that this review was meant for our sister property the Lamplighter Inn & Suites in North Springfield. I have notified the Trip Advisor staff of this error so that your review may be reflected on the site for the North location.

There are newer reviews for Lamplighter Inn & Suites North

Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed at the Lamplighter Inn for the first time and last. It is need of major repairs, the "hot" breakfast was anything but hot and choices were very limited. We had to ask for more food and coffee to be made as when we came to the breakfast bar everything was almost gone and there weren't any customers and it wasn't close to closing time.

The room was a typical 2 star room - we had a king with a sofa sleeper for our daughter. We had to ask for bedding for the sofa sleeper and for towels.

The pool was the best thing about the hotel and after staying in five hotels on our trip, was our daughter's favorite pool - but that was the only positive.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Charlie44926, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2011

I would like to apologize for your unpleasant stay recently at the Lamplighter Inn & Suites North. A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I assure you that the issues you have raised have been review and appropriate actions have been taken. I just recently transfered over to this property and I am working with my staff to improve ALL aspects of the hotel. Guest service is my number one priority. Over the next few months we are planning on doing some updating to the inside of the Hotel and I am pretty excited about that. I also noticed that you mentioned our breakfast not being very good, that is one of my first changes when I got here. There are alot more selections including muffins, danishes, and bagels are a few of the things I added along with scrambled eggs. I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in Springfield. Changes are in the works!!

Reviewed March 30, 2011

This hotel was one of the best hotel values in Springfield Missouri. The hotel was clean. The front desk people were friendly and accommodating. Housekeeping was friendly and cheerful. They had a washer / dryer at the end of the hall (free of charge) so I could wash my clothes. The beds were comfortable. The rooms had a refrigerator and coffee maker, ironing board, iron and hair dryer. I loved the indoor pool and hot tub. The large breakfast was complementary. It was hot and had a variety of foods to choose from. The hotel is walking distance from 2 major restaurants and was easy driving distance to many fine restaurants in the area. I loved staying here. My only complaint would be the noise from the doors slamming in the hall and at the end of the hall but it wasnt anything I couldnt handle. I would stay here again. It is a great hotel!

Room Tip: Booked on line
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2011

We were very pleased with our stay here. Affordable and pleasant. Good location by the interstate with well known eating establishments to pick from. The management asked us personally if there was anything they could do to make our stay more enjoyable. We were so impressed with the friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I was only in town for business briefly and chose to stay at this hotel since it was located right next to the Hwy which was very convenient for me. There were Many restaurants nearby, some even within walking distance. I was very impressed with the prompt service i received from the front desk staff as im sure they could see I was tired and just ready to settle down in a room, they quickly got me on my way to rest and relaxation . My room was very quiet and clean and I have no complaints. There were many great amenities offered at this hotel, including a great breakfast the next morning which was a huge time saver for me since I needed to be back on the road early. The staff was most helpful and pleasant. I walked around for a bit that evening and the meeting rooms were beautiful and the bar very spacious. I will definately stay again and hopefully have time to use the pool and grab a cocktail next time. I would recommend this hotel for any business traveler or for your family travel. Im very pleased with my stay and the service I recieved, I will definatley be staying there again and will recommend to friends and co workers. Kudos to this Hotel and its staff for making its guest feel welcome!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Our family stopped through the Ozarks on the kids' spring break week and stopped into the Lamplighter Inn for a one night stay. We're so glad that we did. We reserved one of their Family Suites and the room was perfect. In addition to the clean as well as spacious room, in which, included a microwave/fridge, the service we received was first class. This was a very busy week since apparently there was a kids sports tournament going on during our stay and it was nice to meet the breakfast lady as well as the general manager while we finished up with breakfast and concluded with our stay.

The hotel is somewhat older, however, they're currently remodeling, so we're excited to come back in the fall as our family will be traveling through once again. The price was what we expected it to be and found that most of the hotels in that area are higher, so if you're a family on a budget, this is perfect for you. One thing that stood out was how friendly everyone was and that's something we've found to be somewhat rare, even at some of the higher end hotels. We'll be back and are very happy with calling this hotel home when we travel through Springfield.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I just have to say if one was looking to stay in a place that was quiet, clean, affordable and great location i would recomend this place highly. it's the reason i stay here.
BUT i cant say much for the service i recieved when my colleagues and i check'd in
as no-one was attending the desk, must have waited a good ten minutes before someone showed up. and then when they did they were to busy gabbing before they ask'd if we needed anything. and told them yes we would like to check in. VERY unprofessional, after we checked in i wanted to have a word with the manager we were told the front desk manager wasn't in then asked to see the general manager or whom ever was incharge. they told me he was in they called him but there was no answere so they went to his office when they came back we were told he was to busy to talk to us and to wait for the front desk manager. in which he was off that day. a sad way to do business. we had a better expireance with the room attendents they went above and beyond to meet our needs.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business