“DELICIOUS!!”

Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Springfield, Missouri
“DELICIOUS!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant by far makes the best soups I've ever tasted. If you like pho, you need to go to Bambu. Their appetizers have a bright taste and are refreshing. Best of all, the restaurant is very welcoming to families.

Visited February 2013

Springfield, Missouri
“Fresh ingredients. Very authentic soups.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We wish there were more on the menu, because everything tastes wonderfully complex and homey at the same time: Vietnamese cuisine at its best.
There are just rice noodle and rice dishes, as well as a solid selection of soups (pho, hu tieu, mi) with the most delicious homemade broths. If only there were steamed dishes on the menu!
But we keep coming back for more regardless. Bambu is a rarity in Springfield: exotic, but comforting food; ethnic, yet familiar atmosphere. The staff is young and caring. There is a very nice web site as well.

Visited December 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Owner doesn't care about your experience”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Although the food was good, as was the service, it too 25 minutes for the cooks to prepare a sandwich! While 5 in our group of 8 ordered hot dishes and got them in 5-10 minutes, the 3 who ordered the "special" of the day (a cold sandwich) had to wait far too long to get them. When brought to the attention of the owner, he acted as though he was being bothered. He could NOT have cared less about our experience at the restaurant nor the time wasted waiting for such a simple meal to be prepared.

Visited November 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“I will never order from this restaurant again. Ever.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was in town for the weekend visiting my sister. She has been very sick and all she wanted to eat was Wonton Soup from Bambu. I called in the order and was told I could pick it up in 15 minutes. I arrived 20 minutes after I placed the order and it was not ready - they told me they had a large group of people JUST WALK IN and they were slammed. I figured it would be a few more minutes. Wrong! I waited inside that restaurant for 40 minutes. An additional 40 MINUTES - making the total wait time 1 hour for wonton soup! Restaurants get busy. I understand that. And there were several large parties, but there were also empty tables. I expressed my displeasure to two members of the staff who each assured me that my order was "almost ready" and that they were really "slammed". I'm sorry, but to me, one hour for one order of wonton soup is unacceptable. And what made it worse was that they were not apologetic. I would not have waited for the soup if it had been for me. And neither I or my sister will be patronizing this establishment again.

• Visited September 2012
Carthage, Missouri
“Great Vietnamese food”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Had an excellent meal here. Son had BBQ pork with rice and it was tasty. Wife had pork with vermicilli rice noodles and was great. I had lemongrass chicken and finished my plate. Wife had crispy spring rolls and I had fresh spring rolls and they both were fantastic. Son had a pineapple Boba tea and it was good. Have a nice selection of import beers including Saigon and vietnamese beer. Saw a lot of people ordering Pho (another one of our favorite dishes). A must to try!

• Visited August 2012