“Just Right”

GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Louis, United States
“Just Right”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was in Springfield for a United Methodist Annual Conference. The Double Tree was just right in terms of distance from the conference center. The room was just right in terms of comfort. it was a plus to be greeted every morning by a smiling face when I got off the elevator. Of course the price was also Just Right. I would definitely recommend staying there next year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you Collette C for your great comments from your recent stay. I like how you used the term, "Just Right" to describe your experiences.
Brian Inman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the nicest places I have stayed in Springfield, MO. The staff is eager and willing to help with anything you need, not to mention the fresh cookie when you check in! Great prices and even a nice restaurant inside. The room staff took great care of me on my stay. If you are a Hilton Honors member, you will enjoy ALL the amenities.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mdaddy46
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for your great comments from your recent stay, I am honored you referred to us as the" Best Hotel" in Springfield. I look forward to your future visits to the Springfield area.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The hotel is beautiful and clean. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The staff is awesome. I appreciated the Hilton Honor benefits of a later check-out, even thought I didn't really need it and the fast and friendly service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for yoiur great comments from your recent stay, I am honored we were able to make your stay great. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honors member.
Pocahontas, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The room was nice, and clean but most places you stay now have free breakfast. This place only had coffee. I just think it was a little expensive. The wifi was very good. It was very fast and easy to hook up to. The air conditioning wasn't very good. I had it set on as low as it would go and it never got very cool in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Mitchell T
Thank you Michelle for your comments from your recent stay, we do have a weekend bed and breakfast package avaialble that inculdes breakfast in the price of the room. I am sorry you were not made aware.
Sincerely, Brian Inman General Manager
seymour, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We love to come to The DoubleTree! My husband calls it "the cookie place". After spending the night there we and my mom and dad left for an Alaska vacation. We were driven to the airport and 11 days later were picked up and brought back to our cars. Such extremely friendly and helpful people. This wasn't our first time at the DoubleTree and most certainly won't be our last.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Cindy C
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton when visiting the Springfield area. We do have great cookies and like your comment that we are the, "Cookie Place".
Sincerely, Brian Inman General Manager
St. Louis
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We go to springfield 2 or 3 times a year and have stayed at several hotels, this one is by far the cleanest. Quick and easy check-in, Erick was friendly & I loved the warm cookie. We ate at Houlihans, Jordan waited on us, I will ask for him again. I will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your positive comments from your recent stay, I enjoyed that you mentioned Erik and Jordan by name as Team Members who made your stay special.
Springfield, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was placed in a handicap accessible room even though I am not handicapped. No problem there until I went to take a shower an the top of the shower head (really just the wand) was at about my chest. Hard to wash your hair this way. Simple fix here - buy a better shower wand and have a tall plumber install it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you karen for your comments from your recent stay, I apologize for your issues with the Handicap room and the heigth of the shower head. Our ADA compliant rooms do have the removable shower wand and I will check your room to see if it was changed out recently to a fixed head.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.