“Excellent accommodations, reasonable rates, pet friendly, and people friendly.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 24, 2013

After being turned away from Holiday Inn Express because we had a dog, we were able to book a room at Double Tree. What a pleasant surprise when we found how outstanding their hotel is, the staff eager to please you and very welcoming! The bonus is the price was $10.00 less than Holiday Inn Express and in a better part of Springfield. We gave up the free breakfast buffet at the Express, but the wonderful sleep we had in the extremely quiet room was worth it. The great welcome with a warm cookie, the piano music, and the indoor outdoor pool added to our comfort.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank countrygal059
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay, I was glad to see you appreciated our, Pet Friendly Policy, I hope you got to shop our pet corner in the gift shop, sponsored by Pet Warehouse.
Thank for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton when visiting the Springfield area.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is gorgeous. The staff were absolutely amazing. The Rooms are clean and comfortable. Good Wifi internet and the TV's are great too. The breakfast was the best I've had in a hotel in 2-3 years. I HIGHLY recommend staying at this hotel if you're in Springfield.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ERIC M

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay, especially how you enjoyed our Gracie's Restaurant Breakfast. We have taken great pride in our breakfast and in 2012 we were in the top 10% of all DoubleTree Hotels in the Nation in service and food quality.
I hope you will continue to choose the DoubleTree by Hilton for your future visits to the Springfield area.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have tried several hotels in the area. This is the best place that I've stayed. It's like staying at a luxury hotel, without paying luxury pricing. Very comfy beds, and we loved the Picasso prints. Bathroom was huge, and there's plenty of space in the room to stretch out and relax.

Room Tip: Our room was across from the elevator, which was a bit noisy in the early morning. Try somewhere fa...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vballer7
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments, we focus on the "little things" to make all our guests experiences special. I will pass your comments along to our team and look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I only stayed one night as I was visiting relatives around Christmas time. The check in was very quick and the cookies were warm...yummy. Great to stay in a clean hotel. The queen bed was so comfortable fell alseep in no time. Finally a room that I was actually warm in, this was a big plus for me. The only negative I could come up with was the shower head leaked a little....not a big deal. Would definately recommend this hotel if you are coming to Springfield.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 8th floor.....really quite.
Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rxptraveler
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments from your recent stay over Christmas, I will pass along to the Team. I will have the shower head checked, thank you for the observation.
I look forward to you choosing the DoubleTree Hotel for any future vists to the Springfield area.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Last weekend we stayed in Springfield, we to pick up two puppies from a local breeder. First the hotel is beautiful, great suite and a great location close to malls and restaurants. The hotel is pet friendly. Cheyenne at the front desk was very friendly and made us felt at home. Houlihans, at the hotel has a great menu. Next time in Springfield, we will stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: At ten floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MiaMobile
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for your great comments in regards to your recent stay. I have shared your comments with our Team, discussing service and how important it is to provide the, "little things" that make a guests stay memorabile.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on business in the middle of December. When I arrived I was quickly checked in by the front desk agent. I was happy to know that I was upgraded to a suite on the 10th floor. This came with access the executive level suite where wine, beer and hors d'oeuvres were served. Stacy worked this room and did a great job engaging the guests and making sure we were taken care of.

Houlihan's restaurant is attached to the hotel on the first floor and this worked out perfectly for dinner.

The property itself is quite nice. The workout room and amenities were pretty good.

If I was in this area again, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Trueohioplaya
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay, I will pass those along to our Team. I look forward to your future visits to the Springfield area.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed one night for business and chose this hotel myself as I try to stay in Hilton sites when I travel. The staff was great--very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean and easy to get around. It's is great having the restaurant connected to the hotel as it was pretty cold while I was there. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay, I will pass them along to our Team. I look forward to your future visits and comments when visiting Springfield and staying at the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton.