“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for three nights for our Anniversary and the bed was very comfortable along with the pillows, and it was very quite at night in this hotel, the staff at this hotel are very professional and polite, the breakfast here is wonderful, and the restaurant in the hotel Houhillans is a great place to have drinks and they have great food a long with two great bartenders Nathan was one of the bartenders, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay. I will pass along your comments to our Team, especially Nathan in Houlihan's as a Team Member who positively impacted your special weekend.
Thank you again and I do hope you will choose the DoubleTree for any future visits to the Springfield area.
Brian Inman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
STX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed at this hotel one night and the room was really comfortable and clean. The bed and bedding was great. There were multiple weddings going on and the lobby was super busy when we checked in, but the staff was very professional and quickly got checked in. I would definitely stay here again. The only thing I would change was adding a bathrobe in the room!

1 Thank LaurieMSTX
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay, I will pass them along to our Team. I enjoyed you comment with the comfort of our rooms and am glad to see our recent bedding refresh has made the improvement. I will take your comment regarding addiing robes and look into the cost and value of adding that great amenity to our stay.
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are perfect to doubletree standard. The staff is friendly and appear happy. The breakfast has eggs or omlets to order. The public areas are nice. Free parking and pets allowed. My dog had a great stay to.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank SH1304
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay, I will pass them along to our Team. We pride ourselves with our Pet Friendly policy and offer pets a treat at check-in and have recently added the pet corner in the gift shop for any items an owner may of forgotten or needs to care for their pet.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Paid a little more then I like to but it was worth it as we spent more time in the room relaxing then usual. Neighborhood seemed safe enough to walk to a local restaurant at night. Hotel food also good. Had a small water leak in the bathroom that was fixed with no inconvenience to us. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank David B
Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay, I will pass them along to our Team. I look forward to your future visits to the Springfield area and hope you will continue to choose the DoubleTree as your Hotel of choice.
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel with my colleagues from Europe and US. I liked my room, it was clean and comfortable, everything was fine. The only thing I can complain about is poor sound isolation (when my neighbour talked in the next room I could hear every word), but that disturbed me only once. I used ear plugs at night and that helped me to sleep very well. I also need to mention that although hotel shuttle drivers were so kind to us to drive us to downtown and back a couple of times, one of them really needs to be trained more because he allowed to make some unappropriate jokes on me which in his understanding probably was funny. Another gentleman, however, was very nice and polite, and received his well-deserved tip from us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AnyutaKiev
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent visit, I will share those with our Team. I have noted the issue with the noise coming through the walls and the van drivers unwelcomed jokes, I have addressed those issues.
I do hope you will choose the Doubletree Hotel for any future visits to the Springfield Area.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Double Tree for a night away and to relax. Every detail was amazing. We arrived to check in and were offered amazing chocolate chip cookies, our room was perfect, comfortable, clean and the bed was sooo comfortable. We ate at Houlihans that night and the service was timely and the food was first rate. The staff will treat you like you are the only customer in the hotel!!! If you are staying in Springfield, stay at the Double Tree!!!

1 Thank JCJH_12
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay, I will pass them along to our Team. I hope you choose to stay at the DoubleTree during your future visits to the Springfield area.
KS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you have a nut allergy, you probably want to avoid this hotel. The hotel staff offers you a cookie (with nuts) upon arrival, and the in-house restaurant uses nuts in most of its dishes. So, be warned. My allergy isn't going to kill me, but if yours will, you should stay away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay, we take your comments very seriously. I do want to address the comment regarding allergies and that nuts are used to make our Signature DoubleTree Cookies. We do offer an alternative of fresh fruit, located in our gift shop adjacent to the front desk, for guest who may suffer from nut or gluten allergies, if we failed to let you know, I apologize.
I do hope you will choose the DoubleTree in Springfield for your future visits to the area.