“Excellent Service, Great Linens, older Property”

DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We needed an immediate room and erroneously booked an advance reservation through the Hilton website. When I got the confirmation of the room, I noticed the problem with the date. I was in tears when I realized my mistake, not wanting to lose the money on a reservation we could not use, but my husband went inside the lobby and the clerk was able to cancel the erroneous reservation/request a refund. In addition, he gave us the advance rate rather than just a walk in rate.

I was happy to see that the property had the updated/fresh linens that Hilton came in and put in their properties. The towels were large/fluffy. The room was very clean. The bathroom/sink area had been redone with a new sink area but the actual bathroom tile/bath, etc...was well worn, cracked in places.

Just a note that there is no free breakfast - a buffet is offered but at 5.95 for kids and 9.95 for adults, we skipped that. Room service is also available. There is no refrigerator or microwave.

For the price we paid, the room was very nice for one night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your most recent visit. We appreciate your recognition of our recent bedding refresh, the new Hilton package is a great addition to our rooms. We look forward to your future visits in the Springfield area.
Brian Inman

Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed three nights alone on business and quite pleased with this Doubletree. Large center-atrium 10 story hotel. Rooms very clean with quality sheets and bedding. Breakfast room in hotel done very well with buffett and omlette station. Indoor/outdoor pool and workout room nice as well. There is a Houlihans in the hotel as well which serves as the hotel restaurant which is a nice change of pace. Staff was very nice as well. Would def come back if my travels find me in Springfield.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank goof87
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for your great comments concerning your recent visit, I will share your comments with our Team. We have just completed our new Top-of-the-Bed refresh and it was great to see you comments regarding the quality of the bedding. We strive to make the "little things" matter and and it is great to see how it makes a positive impact to our guests.
Thanks again for your comments and I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to the Springfield area.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was the best experience that I have ever received from any hotel. My wife and I were treated like VIP's. I would give this hotel 10 stars out of 5. The hotel manager is the best I have ever experienced. In room wine and the evening meal were comped and that is hard to beat. I highly recommend this hotel. It was my first time staying at a Double Tree Hotel but it won't be my last.

Room Tip: The best of the best, the suites are large, quiet, and well laid out.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LARRYH H
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay, I will share them with our Team. Our goal is to provide the "little things" to make our guests stay special and I am glad to see we made your stay special.
Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to the Springfield area.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This has been a headquarter hotel for my business trips to Springfield. The staff is excellent and the service is great. The beds are comfortable for a great night's sleep! The breakfast is always a treat by with friendly servers who keep the coffee cups filled. It can quickly become a home away from home.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank PoppaTom
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed in this particular Double Tree before and had a wonderful experience. Brought my family the next time, and was disappointed in the accomodations. Bed was terrible, the door handle to the bathroom was broken, and there was mold in the shower.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay, we take your comments very seriously and utlize those comments to better serve our guests. I want to first apologize the issues you and your family experienced during your stay. I have passed your issues to our our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer so they can address the problems with their Team Members and correct from happening in the future.
I do hope you will give us a second chance to be your Hotel of choice in the Springfield Area.

Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Clean, very comfortable, great beds, good prices, family friendly. Love this hotel, I will stay here everytime I visit Springfield. Resturant onsite Houlihan's has the best food & drinks, no need to drive any where else.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank DonnaJ76
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Nice property, great stay! One exception, bartendress was not at all friendly, was rude in fact, to my party and a young couple seated at the bar. It was a quiet Sunday afternoon, perfect opportunity to be a great ambassador for this hotel, that didn't happen. Everyone else was very pleasant and helpful.
We enjoyed the breakfast buffet, the hot offerings were hot and everything was fresh.

benedicter52

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Benedict Edward R
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for your comments in regards to your most recent visit. I have passed your concerns, in regards to our Bartender, to our Houilhan's Manager to be addressed and corrected for any future visits.
We take your comfort and our ability to provide excellent service very seriously and are always striving to look at ways we can constantly improve. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to being your Hotel of choice in the Springfield Area.