“great experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“great experience”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

hotel has been around awhile but i enjoyed my stay. stayed there 2 nights to watch basketball games at the hammons center whcih was just a few blocks down the street. missouri state campus in walking distance. staff was friendly and breakfast first rate.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Robert H, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your time at the University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center in the heart of downtown Springfield, MO. We are in a perfect location as you mentioned whether your trip brings you to Springfield for business or pleasure.

Again we are glad you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks for taking the time post your experience on Trip Advisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed February 9, 2014

we spent two nights there. The hotel is constructed such that every noise reverberates around the hotel. Every screaming teenager is audible in your bed. Sound dampening needs to be hung from the 9 floor ceiling.

The bathrooms are small and cramped.

We had to ask for our room to be cleaned at 7pm. They were"sold out" and "hadn't gotten round to it."

We won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Be prepared for noise until 1100 pm.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Hearts1
Robert H, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, February 10, 2014

I assure you that I will personally address our lapse in service with our housekeeping department.

I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed here for a convention and absolutely loved it! Great location, spacious and cozy lobby, gift shop, and city view was the best from our window. The staff was very helpful. We would definitely come back!

Room Tip: The Seventh Floor had an amazing city view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Robert H, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Our Team highly appreciates your fantastic review. Thank you so very much for staying with us and taking the time to provide your comments. University Plaza Hotel is the only true convention center hotel and only full service hotel located downtown.

We look forward to your next visit to wonderful Springfield and the University Plaza. Best wishes for continued safe travels.
Hermann, Missouri
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone! We stayed here for a wedding that was taken place at the hotel plus as just a getaway! The pool was so relaxing and my girls absoultely loved it :) Our room was a tad hot but we made do and all in all had no problems. The one thing that really stood out to me was my 4 year old daughter had gotten on the phone at 230 in the morning and asked to talk to her aunt who goes to MSU the lady was super nice talking to her plus they sent a security guard up to our room to make sure everything was ok. I think that is so great that they are willing to check things out like that. This hotel gets 5 stars from me!!!!!!!! Id stay here many many many times :) Everyone was so friendly!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Robert H, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
We are so delighted that you had a wonderful experience with us at the University Plaza Hotel. Your comments reflect the kind of service we strive to give each of our guest’s everyday, from the moment you pull up to the hotel to the time of check out and driving away, we give 110% luxury service.

Thank you again for your stay and your kind words, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Enjoyed hosting my companies business meeting. Rooms were nice as well as meeting space.

We were there during a snow storm. It was especially convienent to have everything we needed for entertainment and dinner at the hotel.

Great staff. Very helpful. We really enjoyed the extra service and attention from Kathy and Heidi each morning at breakfast.

Looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Robert H, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for all your kind remarks about our team and our hotel! Our team works hard to create a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere and it's great to hear you enjoyed it.

Hopefully you'll be back to visit our beautiful city soon!

Thank you, again, for being our guest!
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We reserved a 2-queen-bed room, but when we arrived, we were told because of overstays we were "upgraded" to a room with one king and a pullout couch. Not great for three people. Oh, and we had to make the pullout up ourselves. The key card to our room worked about one time in every four attempts. I ended up changing the cards six times in two days. A technician reprogrammed the door, but this seemed to have no effect. We like indoor pools, but when I got in the jacuzzi, I had to remove: a ball of hair, a toothpick, and two black bugs. This place is about 20 years past its prime. Not terrible, but unless you need to be here for a group event of some sort, better to look elsewhere in Springfield.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ObservantGuest
Robert H, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Please accept my apologies for your unsatisfactory experience at the University Plaza Hotel. We hold our standards for luxury service in high regard and I deeply regret that your experience fell below that standard. I assure you that I will personally address our lapse in service with our staff as well as mention that we have completed phase 1 of our renovations on the exterior, the lobby will begin in late spring.

I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.
Alton, Il
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had never stayed in Springfield, Missouri before, but had driven through it countless times. I planned to go see my Godson play hockey and picked the closest hotel to the rink. I lucked out and pick a great hotel. I had room 603 and it was clean, roomy and had a great mattress. The breakfast was really good too. It was even better than Drury Inn's breakfast. I just left my vehicle and just walked the two blocks to the rink. Lots of free parking and the employees were very professional and pleasant. Give it a try when you are in Sprinfield, Missouri. I will go back next year when my Godson plays against Missouri State University.

Room Tip: Room 603 was on the East Side of the hotel. It was quite and the hotel was packed with a basketball...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Robert H, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Many thanks for your warm words regarding your experience. We take pride in providing service unlike any other which we feel sets us apart from other hotels in Springfield.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Springfield and the University Plaza very soon.