“One of Springfield's Best”

University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“One of Springfield's Best”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed overnight on business. Spacious room. Bed was super comfy. Service was great. Incredible breakfast! Business center was great. I did not utilize the pool or spa. Great location if your visiting Missouri state University or the downtown area.I will be staying at this hotel next trip to Springfield for sure!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank kgbnfx
rhenley9, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your time at the University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center in the heart of downtown Springfield, MO. We are in a perfect location whether your trip brings you to Springfield for business or pleasure.

Again we are glad you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks for taking the time post your experience on Trip Advisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Lapel
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We met my sister and neices for a weekend to watch my neices gymnastic meet. The hotel was very clean and close to everything we needed. The kids enjoyed the pool! Each morning we had a very nice hot breakfast and had not expected that at all.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor, close to the elevators and had not problems at all. My sister was in a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Renee B
rhenley9, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Receiving feedback from our guest enables us to improve while being able to accommodate all of our guests a little better upon each visit. Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel is beautiful inside and out. The room we stayed at was clean, comfortable, and up to date. The kids loved the indoor pool and we all loved the fantastic breakfast in the morning. We have a child with a dairy allergy and the chef went out of his way to make sure she had safe food to eat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Shawn R
rhenley9, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2013

Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed March 1, 2013

When we walked into the hotel, we thought is was very nice! That quickly changed!
As my daughter turned down her bed, she was greeted with random black hair on the sheets. I then turned down my bed and low and behold, black hair was on my bed sheet also. I called housekeeping. An elderly gentleman came to change the sheets. Housekeeping had gone home, so now he was in charge of housekeeping. He was nice, however did not know how to make a bed, so I made both beds.

I'm not sure you could say that the 'free' breakfast could be considered safe. Only two of the four steam tables actually had steam coming from them. They did have a waffle iron to make waffles. However NO batter. hmm! I would have asked someone if there was batter for the waffles, if I could have found someone to ask. When we arrived, there was only one 'waitress' who was having a grand old time with one table. We were never acknowledged! When the waitress was finished yukking it up with the one table, she went in back and we never saw her again.

They also had a very randon art display going on. It looked like bodies made out of plastic wrap. Some of it was kind of cute. However the bodies with 'blood' on them with a tombstone, sure didn't seem like it belonged!

I am not a person who ever complains! I know people work really hard. But I thought for the price, it was a very big rip off!! I have a feeling everytime I think of this hotel, I'm gonna have a little bit of throw up in my mouth.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank peg h
rhenley9, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Please accept my apologies for your unsatisfactory experience at the University Plaza Hotel. We hold our standards for luxury service in high regard and I deeply regret that your experience fell below that standard. I assure you that I will personally address our lapse in service as well as the quality of the breakfast. I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

I will be using your feedback to improve upon our service standards in the future as well by presenting your comments to our staff. While we review your comments, we will revisit what it means to present our guests with service and products that reflect a luxury experience.
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed February 28, 2013

From the moment that we walked into the hotel, we were met with friendly people. The room was very clean. I was really impressed by how clean the hotel was, considering the fact that the day before they were booked up and were very busy. For those coming in town to watch baseball at Simmons Field at Taylor Stadium, this is an excellent hotel as you can see the stadium from the parking lot, walking distance. We are definitely staying here again when in town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank big3b69
rhenley9, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center while you were in Springfield. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town. If I can do anything for you during your next visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to call me.
Thayer, Missouri
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel was amazing. They catered to our needs the whole time we were there. The on site restaurant was simply divine and the complimentary breakfast was delicious. We really enjoyed the hot tub area and the amazing service when deciding meals. The hotel was extremely clean and all the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jennipherann
rhenley9, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Exceptional guest service is the ultimate goal and top priority of all of us here at the University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center. Thank you so very much for acknowledging the efforts of our staff! We’re glad you had a great stay during your recent trip and hope that whether it’s for business or pleasure; you will allow us to welcome you back the next time you are in Springfield.
Orange Park
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The location is near shopping and just a little way north of Branson. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We were impressed with the complimentary breakfast buffet which was replenished frequently so nothing was dried out. The dinner menu had good variety and the food was delicious. We look forward to going back to this hotel when in the area again. Our only disappointment was the small pillows as we prefer the standard size ones. Chris Huffington, DOS and Sue Martin, DOC were a wealth of information about their convention facility and the ability to make our event happen. It is quite obvious they have a great deal of experience and knowledge plus they were fun to work with.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Joy F
Thank you for taking time to record your feedback on Trip Advisor! We do appreciate all comments from our guests.

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We are very fortunate to have a wonderful location that offers our guests a variety of entertainment options while they are here on business or leisure travel.

Chris and Sue will be delighted to read your comments, they truly are amazing.

Thank you very much for staying with us. We hope to become your hotel of choice when you stay in downtown Springfield! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!