University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center
$182
$167
$76
$72
Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$79
$95
  • Breakfast included
Greenstay Hotel & Suites(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$77
Residence Inn Springfield(Springfield)
$119
Best Western Plus Coach House(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$87
$115
Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$76
$70
Agoda.com
1,136 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetembassy suitesmissouri statespringfield cardinalsclose to downtownoutdoor poolyogurthot tubsausagestaff was friendlybed was comfortablespringfield areaheidilobbyatriummsubanquet
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stay in Springfield at least twice a year to visit friends. I usually get a deal on a hotel and have stayed in many hotels in Springfield. I have never posted a review of a hotel before. This hotel was very nice - I had both a weekday lunch buffet and the weekend breakfast buffet and they were both excellent. I used the fitness center and it was clean and the treadmill worked fine. The room decor was a bit dated but it was clean and the TV was nice. My only issue was the bed was hard. But, I have a pillow top at home so that is probably just a preference on my part. The reason I am writing this review is because of a fish. They allow pets in the hotel. But, if you don't travel with your pets you can request a fish to come stay in your room during your stay. They decorated the fish's bowl for Christmas. He was so adorable! I have pets at home and it was nice to have a pet for my trip. Made me feel more at home and I actually looked forward to coming back to my room at night. I will stay here again and I recommend this hotel to anyone that would like a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank BarbaraL785
rhenley9, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Hi there! Thanks for the kind review of the hotel. We like to think of the University Plaza as your home-away-from-home, and it sounds like we may indeed be just that. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, we wanted to make sure we had everything today’s traveler needs and wants. And who doesn’t want a goldfish when they are away from home? I am thrilled to hear you had great stay.

Safe travels!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The staff was very friendly throughout the hotel from the front desk to the restaurant staff. I utilized the business center computer while I was there. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. I also enjoyed the late checkout time. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank faith809
rhenley9, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you so much for taking time to provide us feedback on Trip Advisor.

Our location in downtown Springfield is truly a great selling feature of our hotel and clean, comfortable and quiet rooms is always our goal. I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a wonderful overnight stay.

We know you have many choices when staying in downtown Springfield and we hope you will continue to visit us each time you are in town!

Thank you again!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed as a group of 50+ including 20 kids..The hotel was so accommodating by provided excellent service, an unexpected hospitality room and the rooms come with a full breakfast and a check out of noon..The hotel was within walking distance to everything we need. The rooms were clean and spacious. The pool and workout room were great and if you travel in summer the outdoor pool was beautiful..They did have it open and it was clean and some of the kids did jump in ...brrrrrrrr.. The atrium and access to the lobby bar was convenient..I cant say enough about our stay..If we ever have an opportunity to travel for hockey or any other reason we will FOR SURE stay here!!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and it was fine..
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank JCo16
rhenley9, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for all your kind remarks about our team and our hotel! Our team works hard to create a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere and it's great to hear you enjoyed it.
It sounds like you enjoyed some of the great aspects of our city. Hopefully you'll be back to visit our beautiful city soon!

Thank you, again, for being our guest!

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 5 nights on a business trip this week and found the hotel nice for an older but updated location.

The hotel restaurant was mixed quality. Breakfast was an extra add on of $5-10 depending on what you selected. Dinner was a limited menu and $15-25. The steak I had one night was perfect but the salad the next night was aweful. Loaded with a huge portion of slimy stinky mushrooms, and wilted lettuce. There are several other restaurants nearby, skip the hotel one!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Ok4568
rhenley9, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I will look into the concerns you have in regards to our restaurant.

I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels and are happy that you continue to allow us to the opportunity of serving you!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We enjoyed a beautiful, clean, quiet & comfortable room with a king-size bed. There was plenty of room for us to relax without having to jostle luggage around. The bed was so comfortable that we were surprised how well we slept - like being at home in our own bed. Housekeeping staff was efficient and courteous. The breakfast bar was AMAZING with a large selection to choose from each day. We looked forward to relaxing with a cocktail in the spacious foyer/lobby area after conference meetings each day & took advantage of checking emails from the quiet & convenience of the business center. It was easier on our budget with the special room rates for conference attendees, otherwise, the price of our room would have been more than we would have preferred to pay. However, overall it was a great experience & we'd recommend it to family & friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank SnowBaby5
rhenley9, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

We are so delighted that you had a wonderful experience during your conference with us at the University Plaza Hotel. Your comments reflect the kind of service we strive to give each of our guest’s everyday, from the moment you pull up to the hotel to the time of check out and driving away, we give 110% luxury service.

Thank you again for your stay and your kind words, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!