“Hotel management inconsiderate of guests rest”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44
Ranked #34 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hotel management inconsiderate of guests rest”
Reviewed January 1, 2011

tHotel is nice,clean, and somewhat friendly staff. This night they had a wedding reception that had very loud music and a guy who had a PA system that was even louder. The reception is being held not in a private room but in an atrium that is surrounded, on the INSIDE by guest rooms. So it's like a stadium where the sound travels to every room. It's New Years day and very loud. We are an airline flight crew with a 4am wakeup and it's 10pm and still going on. Called the front desk twice, had hotel manager knock on my door to tell me it would be taken care of, and it hasn't. Also called my company's scheduling dept to complain that we could not get any restful sleep here, and they said they would call Lodgex who contracts for our hotels all over the country. Apparently this hotel management cares more about contracting for receptions, proms etc than than for their's guests rest. Oh and it does say Holiday Inn, which is a HOTEL! I intend to write this up with my airline in the hopes that we can relocated to another hotel that cares about their guests rest.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Captain105
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
We appreciate your comments regarding your experience with us on Trip Advisor and I apologize for the issues you encountered. We will work to get these corrected immediately, I am new to this property and appreciate your feedback. Sorry for the inconvenience this stay has caused, and look forward to your next return visit so we can show you how wonderful our property can be.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We booked this hotel on Hotwire - not quite sure what hotel we were going to get, we were pleased to find we were staying at the Holiday Inn. This hotel has been remodeled fairly recently, and the whole hotel was quite nice.

When we checked in, we asked to have our room near the two other rooms for our group (we had traveled with some family members). The woman at reception was very kind and gave us three rooms together. When we got to the rooms and saw that they had two double beds instead of kings, we returned to the front desk, and the woman was kind and accommodating enough to change our rooms. Really outstanding service from the hotel staff we interacted with.

The room was clean and very spacious - even had a nice sitting area with a couch. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom very clean - really, everything about the hotel was very nice. We enjoyed the free Internet in our room (it was a bit slow, but we didn't have any trouble with accessing it).

We would definitely stay at the Springfield Holiday Inn again. Very nice hotel!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tarebearky
It is always a pleasure to hear such wonderful comments when a guest has such an enjoyable stay, like yourself. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to your return next time you are in town. Thank you again.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2009

This is a newly remodeled property. Everything is clean and all of the furniture and bedding is new however the AC units could use some cleaning. Still smells a little musty in the room but it was not worth bad enough that we thought to ask for another room. We stayed for one night and used the indoor pool and fitness center. Would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cricketw44
I appreciate you taking the time to write the comments here on trip advisor.

The comments given are always used to help improve our property and commend those associates that made our guests stay a memorable one.
Central Oklahoma
Reviewed November 22, 2009

We stayed at this property on 11/20/09 for one night we requested and received a double room non-smoking. Our traveling group was myself, my husband our 15 y/o and my mother.

The room was quite large (we were in room 108 on the bottom floor, you check in on the 2nd floor) and overall average on cleanliness the small little throw all the chains have gone to on the beds was stained (we remove them anyway) however the hotel itself was overall clean and easy to access on and off I-44. It seemed to be a safe area as we choose not to take all of our luggage in as it was late and we were tired.

There is a large lighted parking lot and the grounds were also in good condition.

The staff is friendly and very accomodating.

I would stay there again, especially with the bid I got on Priceline for it. Not a bad deal at all.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank SoccermommaAmie

Bakersfield, California
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We stopped here while travelling from California to Kentucky. I can best describe this hotel as "Wow!" The price was very reasonable and the room was terrific. We got here in time to have a drink at the bar and found that the staff and our fellow traveller's were very nice and friendly. Everyone here went the extra mile to be helpful. The restaurant was very pricey, however, that was the only "downer". If I'm ever back in Springfield for business or pleasure, this hotel will be on the top of my list for places to stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank lcspop

United States
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Driving east, we decided to pull over for the night and chose the Holiday Inn along the interstate. The property looks new. It has a large conference center. The beds/linens were
amazingly comfy and the bathroom was clean and well-appointed. Fitness area and pool looked great although we didn't have time to use them. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SunriseAddicted

Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We stayed here over the 4th of July. This Holiday Inn was like many others, clean, friendly, and the location was great. Very close to many local attractions and a lot of places to eat nearby. I would defintely stay here again and recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple