Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We stayed here over the 4th of July. This Holiday Inn was like many others, clean, friendly, and the location was great. Very close to many local attractions and a lot of places to eat nearby. I would defintely stay here again and recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LMCMinneapolis
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write the comments here on trip advisor.

The comments given are always used to help improve our property and commend those associates that made our guests stay a memorable one.

Reviewed March 28, 2008

My family needed a little get away before the summer got here and time was scarce, we thought this would be the perfect trip. My husband and I had stayed at this hotel a couple years ago and where extremely pleased therefore we had no worries when calling to book on Sunday night for Monday. When making the reservation my husband asked if they still had the bar in the lobby and restuarant on site, they said sure everything is right here. When we arrived at approx. 9:30 pm the following night we drove to the entrance to find that it was roped off with caution tape and a trailor with sitting under the awning. We followed the arrows to their new temp. checkin, there was no parking so we walked about a half a block in the rain to check in. At check in they commented sorry about the checkin area as you can see we are undergoing some renovations. Not a big deal how often do you need to go to the front desk. We drove around and entered the hotel to go to our room, when entering we found the entire hotel was under construction! The paint smell was extremely strong, we made our way around more caution tape and construction equipment thinking we will go up to our room, they probably are just doing one floor at a time, wrong, the entire place was torn apart. We walked down halls with molding torn off and paint splatters on the carpet, the doors to the rooms where covered in dust. We went into our room and it is what we had booked a 2 room suite, we using the bathroom we noticed cigarette ashes all over the floor (nonsmoking room). This made us wonder was the room cleaned or are the construction workers using the restrooms in the rooms???? Oh well we are good sports, we decide to head to the lounge for a birthday drink, we get there and find the lounge is also torn apart, a construction worker tells us it is temporarily in the restuarant we head there and are told we are closing early 10pm during construction. We walk by the front desk and very nicely asked why they did not tell us everything was under construction when we booked the room, the manager made a quick exit and left the check in girl to handle the many complaints. The explanation was construction when on longer than we thought, I told them we booked the night before they would have know construction was going to be completed. The next response was I'm sorry there isn't anything I can do but there is a Ruby Tuesdays across the street. We went back to our room after a couple drinks and discovered the fan to the Heating/Ac unit didn't work in the bedroom so we slept with the window open at least that let some of the paint fumes out. Although we enjoyed our past stays there it will be the last time.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank Lisa K

Reviewed October 24, 2007

I thought my corporate travel agent booked me at the Holiday Inn Express, but it was the Holiday Inn. The interior is nice and the rooms are well appointed.

I missed the free breakfast and other "freebies" that you get at Holiday Inn Express, but would recommend this hotel if staying in Springfield.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank BhamBuddy

Reviewed September 1, 2007

Nice Holiday Inn but area surrounding is a bit "iffy". I noticed that Sunshine street was kind of the dividing line between the have's and the have not's. The Holiday inn North was nice, room clean and updated. Staff friendly, AC worked. Price was right.I would stay there again. Next door at the Oasis is a place called Fire and Ice. Neat bar and great steak

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tsjj4nurse

Reviewed February 13, 2007

Hotel in bad need of renovation or better yet, demolition. This hotel is one of the worst properties I have ever stayed at. Normally a Courtyard or Hampton Inn guest, I stayed here because the guy I was traveling with made the reservation. It appears to have been an Embassy Suites at some point with the inside access corridors open from the lobby below all the way up. However, that is where the similarities end. There was a mattress up against the wall in the 3rd floor hallway, furniture laying around, the room was old and dingy with a dirty toilet upon arriving. The furnishings date back to the early to mid 90's which means the property is probably 5-6 years overdue for a refurb. They had runner carpet installed in the elevator cabs (not even completing a rug...just a border on each side) which indicates they have no budget and were pulling from excess inventory. Lighting is dim througout the hotel. The bar had some guy who looked like he was from maintenance pouring drinks. It smelled like a dirty sock......poor air circulation .....hope I didn't catch a disease. The people wore uniforms that appeared to be 20 years old....and everyone looked to be generally unhappy except for the nice, older gentleman that took us back to the airport on the shuttle. I would expect more from the owner of this hotel especially with him being headquartered in Springfield.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DBaird11

We appreciate your post regarding your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

I thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites and if you return to the Springfield area I would love the opportunity to show you what a wonderful property we have, as your last stay didn't sound too pleasant.

Reviewed March 2, 2006

I'm surprised by some of the high marks posted to this hotel. I typically stay at moderate hotels (Comfort Suites, Courtyard, etc.) and this property would not come close in comparison to those. This hotel is just a tired Holiday Inn that needs to be redone. The rate (90.00) does not include a breakfast and the breakfast buffet we tried one morning was not very good. The indoor pool feels like you are in a dungeon. For two of us breakfast was $20.00...not a bad price, but I've had free breakfasts that were better. My advise would be to look for a new hotel! The staff was nice though.

• Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank DCKC

A TripAdvisor Member
Park Hills, MO
Reviewed January 31, 2006

I went to springfield with my girlfriend to re-ignite our relationship. We stopped at Holiday Inn North thinking "no way we can afford this." The only room they had left was a Honey-moon suite, so they let us book it at the cost of a standard room rate...WOW! That is a weekend I will never forget!

• Stayed: October 1999