Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I had to make a reservation on the fly and my room was ready right away. The only issue I had was that instead of queen beds they only had rooms with two full size beds. Would not have been a problem but my wife is a bed hog. LOL

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

We appreciate the time you took in sharing your comments online, as we value our guest feedback. Glad that you enjoyed your visit with us at our property and look forward to your next trip to Springfield. For your next trip try staying in one of our King bedrooms that would have a sofa sleeper if you had extra guests in your room.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Nice location. Very clean hotel. Nice staff. Comfortable and clean. Very close to the main highway, but very quiet. I thought it was rather pricy since we didn't get there til late, but others around them were sold out, so no choice. Beds were very comfortable. Slept well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for taking the time and sharing your comments online. Please visit us again on your next trip in town.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This visit was bad from the start! This was the first Holiday Inn I have gone to where they didn't include breakfast for Platinum members. I asked the front desk agent and he said he could change my rate for an extra $5.00 to include breakfast. Really? It only got worse from there. My room was upgraded, but the temperature was controlled by something that was put in back in 1970 cause there was no way to tell what the room temp was. And then there were parts of the room that were cold, warm and some hot. It was terrible. The location is bad and not close to anything for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The only thing good about this place was the gym. At least they had some good cardio and weights. That was not enough for me. I checked out the next day and stayed somewhere else. I would not suggest to anyone that they stay here. If you have to drive 30 minutes to stay somewhere else then just do it. Hopefully some of the other options in town are available. If not, I would still not stay here. This place is in a need of a major upgrade!! Cosmetically/Renovation and Customer Service/Rewards wise as well.

Room Tip: Here is a tip, select a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear RussDizzle,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We deeply regret to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I've stayed here for the second time and each time it has been really comfortable, clean and excellent service. The fitness center has plenty of equipment, the front desk staff is professional and friendly and the hotel itself is kept in excellent condition.

Room Tip: The king size room was excellent, it provides plenty of room when you have guests stopping by.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

We appreciate your response to your positive stay with us, as we put alot of effort into ensuring not only guest satisfaction, but a nice quality clean hotel room with added hotel amenities from our restaurant and lounge. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was gorgeous each room was facing an atrium with a lounge and a waterfall! Room service was perfect and staff was friendly - BUT we had booked through Priceline and called ahead and requested a King size bed which we did get upon checking in however the only one they could offer us was a handicap accessible one.... There was no tub and the shower left water pouring onto the bathroom floor! As I stated before, the room service was excellent EXCEPT when we called back to say we were done with our dishes they said they would be "right up" to pick them up and no one ever showed up! Also stayer be warned that if you book through Priceline the hotel charges you and extra 50.00 deposit that they don't tell you about! We had left the hotel and checked our bank account, saw the charge and called to inquire about it and was told it would be reversed on our statement in 1-3 business days - Something they should make you aware of, not something you should have to find out on your own!

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us here on TripAdvisor, we appreciate the time it takes to share comments online. I will definitely pass your comments along to our staff to ensure that we are properly explaining that we would need a credit card just for incidentals, which we would authorize and not charge upon check in. For some it may work out better to put down a cash deposit, and get back whatever is not used the next morning, ensuring there is no hold on your account. Each bank is a little different when it comes to how long the authorization would stay pending on your account. Thank you for pointing that out, and hopefully in the future it will be explained a little more so our future guests are aware.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This Holiday Inn Express was very nice with a good staff and clean rooms. My room was beyond satisfactory and was great for my one night stay. The hotel was very conveniently placed, would definitely recommend to other travelers!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here, as I agree that we have a nice clean property with such an amazing staff! Please come visit us again on your next trip to Springfield.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I was in the city for work so a friend has suggested this hotel. Easy access of I-44 so I couldn't resist! After a day on the road I wants someplace to get to easily and this for the bill! A very friendly staff welcomed me and made sure I was taken care of. Huge center to the hotel which gives a bigger feel to the hotel. Restaurant made me a sandwich near closing that I took to my room which was greatly appreciated! Nice pace to stay and I'd go back for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience, and glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate the time you took in posting comments to share with our future guests. Yes we are one block south of I-44 from exit 80 on Glenstone, which makes it really convenient for travellers getting to and from the hotel.